Mini Bar Refills - RS on the Summit ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

We thoroughly enjoyed our Sky Suite on the Summit - first cruse post-covid last September - especially how our wonderful Butler continued to re-fill our min-bar with those small (airplane size) bottles of Vodka (we had changed out all of the other liquors to Vodka when we first boarded)

We are booked in a Royal Suite for an 11 day Canadian cruise next summer - and after reading some of the recent posts expressing disappointment from cruisers about carrying drinks back to the rooms, etc. etc.

Can anyone confirm what the current policy for mini-bar "refills: in a Royal Suite ?

Thank you 

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You will get a bar set up if 2 bottles of liquor in the Suite so no need for the mini bar size.  The Shoreside Concierge will contact you pre cruise and ask you liquor preferences.

Yes you get two liters of your choice of liquor, plus a good bottle of champagne, I am sure you could trade the champagne for another bottle of liquor, they restock mini fridge with your choice of beer , soda mixer. I still have a bottle of single malt scotch from cruise in February.

We are booked in the celebrity suite, will they do that also or do we need to upgrade to the Royal suite to get the frig stocked with beer/wine? 
also I want to start the mornings with a mimosa, does the butler take care of that in the celebrity suite, or is that only a Royal suite and up perk?

9 minutes ago, ChefSha said:

We are booked in the celebrity suite, will they do that also or do we need to upgrade to the Royal suite to get the frig stocked with beer/wine? 
also I want to start the mornings with a mimosa, does the butler take care of that in the celebrity suite, or is that only a Royal suite and up perk?

CS does not get the bottles of liquor and the good champagne.  We don’t drink beer so can’t speak to keeping that stocked, my guess is yes.  
Wine and delivering drinks is another question.  The beverage packages do not cover mini bar items or drinks delivered.

When ships first started back they seemed to be a little more free with giving us  bottle or 2, ( maybe 3)  of wine for the suite.  Our last cruise it was only soda and water being restocked ( I think beer also but we had it removed) and the only wine was the bottle of red that we swapped for the sparkling wine.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine/champagne on board at embarkation so that is a option.

My understanding is that a stocked mini-bar is not officially complementary for a lower suite so it really seems to be dependent on what your butler is willing to do.  Ours in a Sky Suite last fall was hesitant even to stock just water and soda (and didn't keep up with it).  As you see in this thread others have had butlers willing to stock much more.

Royal Suites and above have spelled out amenities that include the 2 liters of hard liquor, a bottle of champagne, and fridge stocked with beer, soda, water, and mixers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

My understanding is that a stocked mini-bar is not officially complementary for a lower suite so it really seems to be dependent on what your butler is willing to do.  Ours in a Sky Suite last fall was hesitant even to stock just water and soda (and didn't keep up with it).  As you see in this thread others have had butlers willing to stock much more.

Royal Suites and above have spelled out amenities that include the 2 liters of hard liquor, a bottle of champagne, and fridge stocked with beer, soda, water, and mixers.

It didn't used to be an amenity for the lower suites but starting in 2017 is when I noticed butlers starting to offer to regularly stock beer, soda and water as long as you had a beverage package that covered those items. It happened to me in two Sky Suites. I don't think it is a promoted amenity though so it can't be guaranteed that it will be offered for everyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

CS does not get the bottles of liquor and the good champagne.  We don’t drink beer so can’t speak to keeping that stocked, my guess is yes.  
Wine and delivering drinks is another question.  The beverage packages do not cover mini bar items or drinks delivered.

When ships first started back they seemed to be a little more free with giving us  bottle or 2, ( maybe 3)  of wine for the suite.  Our last cruise it was only soda and water being restocked ( I think beer also but we had it removed) and the only wine was the bottle of red that we swapped for the sparkling wine.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine/champagne on board at embarkation so that is a option.

They changed limit to 4 bottles with no corkage for those with premium drink package which I believe is standard for suites.

@GreenValleyDogWalker, you mentioned the posts expressing disappointment about bringing drinks back to the room. What were they saying?

I can tell you that any RS on Summit is a short walk and one flight of stairs from Cellar Masters.  If you don't happen to already have what you want in your room, it's not much of an issue to run down to CM and get it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

They changed limit to 4 bottles with no corkage for those with premium drink package which I believe is standard for suites.

You are correct, I should have said 2 per person.  The corkage fee is waived for those with a alcohol beverage package, Classic or Premium.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

@GreenValleyDogWalker, you mentioned the posts expressing disappointment about bringing drinks back to the room. What were they saying?

I can tell you that any RS on Summit is a short walk and one flight of stairs from Cellar Masters.  If you don't happen to already have what you want in your room, it's not much of an issue to run down to CM and get it.

For those of you that can run. Luckily for me I have a husband who does the running for me if the butler can’t. 

Thank you for the tip re wines… may get some champagne to take on board though a little worried should they break in the case. Possibly carry on from duty free May work… 

15 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

It didn't used to be an amenity for the lower suites but starting in 2017 is when I noticed butlers starting to offer to regularly stock beer, soda and water as long as you had a beverage package that covered those items. It happened to me in two Sky Suites. I don't think it is a promoted amenity though so it can't be guaranteed that it will be offered for everyone.

On our last cruise, the butler was willing to stock the fridge with pretty much anything we could have gotten from a bar.  Beer, mixers, sodas, Jack Daniels neat in a glass.

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

Jack Daniels neat in a glass

I'm glad you mentioned that, because that is something you typically can do in an RS.  You get your bottles, but you often can get a little something more if you ask for it in advance (such as "I'd like to have a XYZ each day before dinner" or "I'd like to have an XYZ waiting in the room after dinner" or something like that).  They can't bring you a third bottle, but there are a lot of ways to be flexible, and those butlers tend to be mighty good at creative solutions.