NO TESTING!

Bedruthen

This seems to be a sudden change in policy. Just recently we have seen the same warning about dealing with insurance. At the time we booked and still at the time of final payment there was assurance that a full credit would be given if boarding was denied. It is rather sleazy for Cunard to have "moved the goalpost" after taking payment.

We are presently on board the QM2, having boarded in Quebec. I admit we very nervous awaiting our test results the day before boarding.  

3 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t realize this. Most cruiselines offer a credit if there is a positive test within 48 hours.

Covid is on board now. Our Stewardress has it.

Follow highly suggested Mask on board now and will do fine.

Haven't heard it from other passengers. Surprisingly many but many with Masks on now especially those have boarded Québec.

You will do fine follow guidelines.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Covid is on board now. Our Stewardress has it.

Follow highly suggested Mask on board now and will do fine.

Haven't heard it from other passengers. Surprisingly many but many with Masks on now especially those have boarded Québec.

You will do fine follow guidelines.

I thought masks where REQUIRED on that trip - the 28 or 29 night soton-soton via le harve nyc and canada - not STRONGLY ENCOURGED or however they word it?

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I thought masks where REQUIRED on that trip - the 28 or 29 night soton-soton via le harve nyc and canada - not STRONGLY ENCOURGED or however they word it?

Now from Boston is Highly Recommended. 

Earlier Mandatory Mandatory. 

1 hour ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Effect Oct 1st Canada changed the COVID restrictions regarding testing and masking requirements.    

All visits to land after Boston no challenge with Vac Cards or ArrvCan on Canadian Soil. 

On 10/2/2022 at 10:34 AM, david,Mississauga said:

This seems to be a sudden change in policy. Just recently we have seen the same warning about dealing with insurance. At the time we booked and still at the time of final payment there was assurance that a full credit would be given if boarding was denied. It is rather sleazy for Cunard to have "moved the goalpost" after taking payment.

We are presently on board the QM2, having boarded in Quebec. I admit we very nervous awaiting our test results the day before boarding.  

As mentioned, past medical worker in critical units I was confident in the last two weeks till observed testing and boarding of being negative. We tested morning before observed and before leaving for terminal, to prove not from home but possible terminal bug.

14 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Now from Boston is Highly Recommended. 

Earlier Mandatory Mandatory. 

Why from Boston and not from New York? Your post makes it sound lke New York needed masks to Boston?

Edited by ace2542

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Why from Boston and not from New York? Your post makes it sound lke New York needed masks to Boston?

Yesterday afternoon Captain Hall gave a report before leaving NS. 

Part of the report was the state of the ship medical department report.

Though many are not wearing masks many more are. And we see it and have been dedicated since Brooklyn to wearing masks when common sense tells you. We are extremely low and he has given high credit for the voluntary mask wearing by passengers and care for others.

At the Royal Court last night we even seen more and more voluntary mask wearing without complaints. 

We have done period tests on board and negative results makes us smile.

On excursions yesterday everyone had masks.

I have a good feeling we are close to home free.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:45 AM, BlueRiband said:

As I live in NY Cunard Care isn't availble

For the benefit of others, this is a NY State issue, not an issue for Americans in general (I live in PA and have Cunard Care on my 20 November booking). But generally, if you are denied boarding due to a positive COVID test it appears that you'd need to rely on Cunard care or other purchased travel insurance (assuming that insurance has coverage for cancellation or denied boarding due to COVID)

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

So everyone onboard has been tested?

Prior to boarding.

Some like us brought tests to self check periodically and are negative these 11 days.

Walking hallway more masks indoors except drinking eating and Promenade in Deck..

With regard to changes in denied boarding compensation, ordinarily I'd expect the cruise contract in effect at the time of booking to apply. My contract (I snapped off a copy at the time of booking) contains a clause in Paragraph 1 that reads "in the event of a conflict between the Carrier’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) policies and procedures (hereinafter “COVID-19 Guest Protocols”) as described in Section 6, below, and as described on the Carrier’s website, the policies and procedures on the website control."

Section 6 contains the language "any Guest denied boarding [due to a positive COVID test within 14 days of boarding] will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount Guest paid to the Carrier..." but the contract language quoted above says that this can be unilaterally changed after the fact. And it appears that it may have been.

Edit: Oh, this is interesting. The contract in Manage Your Booking that we had to acknowledge on first accessing the booking has a different website link than the one I printed off, and the Manage Your Booking version refers to a nonexistent web page (404 error when trying to follow the link). 

Edited by Underwatr

12 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So why the change out of Boston? When people got on/off in New York instead of Boston? It just seems strange to change in Boston and not NYC?

Going by announcement that's all I can say

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 10:53 AM, Jacqueline said:

Still testing for my cruise over thanksgiving to the Caribbean.
I did a video monitored test for my Disney cruise in august and it was pretty simple. Loads of people test positive after these cruises from what I could see in our Group page afterwards. It’s to the point where back to back clients have to fully pack so they they aren’t allowed back on the ship if they test positive (or one person in which are often large groups do) and they had a super strict policy.  Even sitting at a dinner table with a positive testing person can get you denied boarding for a back to back,

i think we will get our boosters in a few weeks as well. We both made it off the Disney cruise without Covid,  but me and my pregnant daughter and grandkids had recently had it (which is exactly why we booked). My husband has made it all this time….

How and where do you have the video monitored test taken?

On 9/15/2022 at 10:35 AM, ExArkie said:

I just received emails on the two Cunard trips we have booked.

M239, Dutch Christmas Markets, leaving Southampton 10 December

M240, Transatlantic leaving Southampton on 15 December

As noted on the list from @bluemarble, testing is required for M240, but not for M239. Since we will be on board two days before the one requiring testing, will Cunard be providing these tests?…

Cunard responded to my Web site inquiry about this question before I had a chance to call - been a busy couple of weeks. They said they would link the two reservations so the ship would be aware we are aboard and could “…proceed accordingly if a COVID-19 test is necessary…” and suggested we check with the Purser or Medical Center halfway through the first trip just to be sure.

Pretty much what I expected, except for the sort-of implication that testing actually might not be required.