LIVE!!! — Regatta, September 17, 2022

What A Market

We were there last summer for several days . Obviously had scheduled several wine tours.

The City of Bordeaux is quite nice and I recommend taking a walking tour of the City. A guided one is probably preferred so not to miss certain highlights. The City has numerous excellent restaurants so you might want to make a reservation somewhere that interests you and eat in town.

The tram system along the dock area is quite convenient and makes it easy to get from the ship to downtown.

A great must do. Sign up for an Evening Sidecar ride. One of you will be in the motorcycle sidecar, while the other rides behind the driver. We switched positions half way through. Bordeaux is a bustling city with lots of nightlife. The tour is fun and invigorating. Get off the sleepy ship, you’ll love it! 

• Like 2

Pinotlover couldn’t have said it better.

Bordeaux is an amazing city. Very walkable, but I really second pinotlover’s comment on hiring a private guise for a walking tour morning one. We did this for a couple of hours day one. Gives you a great way to orient yourself if you’ve never been to Bordeaux. (This is something I do in almost every first visit to a new city/port.)

Love the idea on sidecar tour as well. We did this one time in Lisbon. Crazy fun!

Eat and drink in restaurants and bars off the ship!!!

Obviously I strongly recommend booking private wine tour. These can be a little pricy, but so worth it.  We did Right Bank tour on last visit. These are whole day tours.  May make even more sense for you with the ship moving dock locations. (Weird.) Your guide can pick you up at one location and drop you off at second location.

4 hours ago, AliceandRalph said:

Hi ,

I know this is off your current topic, but I have a question about Bordeaux as we are headed there soon.  We will be on the Sirena and docking downtown Bordeaux, any suggestions on what to do? We are there on an overnight but on the second day the ship moves port at 10am out to Le Verdon , was your itinerary similar? and if so did you do a shore excursion? independent or ship? thanks for any input, hope you had a good trip down the west coast.

Ann

We were there a long time ago but we found when walking around a very nice wine tasting room that had multiple wineries represented. You might check Trip Advisor to see if you can find it or something similar.