LIVE!!! — Regatta, September 17, 2022

What A Market

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

What A Market was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hi Everyone 

Sitting in airport in Phoenix for quick flight to LAX, and then boarding the Regatta for first Oceania cruise since before Covid started. 

Looking forward to posting live as frequently as I can. Any and all questions welcomed! (Ok, maybe not any/all…. 😜)

Edited by What A Market
  • Like 3

So excited for this Oceania cruise. 
My fondest cruise memories come from cruising with the gang joining me for this cruise:

DW — Heidi

DD — Shannon 

and

Previously just and SO, but now an SIL — Blaine. 

Here’s a couple of photos from the last time we were together on the Regatta. Standing out on the balcony of an Owners Suite in Bordeaux. (Docking downtown Bordeaux on a R ship is the way to go!)

BC6D7CCC-8097-4B97-A52C-1D715D354131.jpeg

FED661A7-C44A-4A89-B6C7-75217384AF26.jpeg

• Like 1

Good morning from Baristas!

This will be every early morning hang out to consume several shots of espresso and watch the sea pass by. Had to be a bit patient this morning as Baristas doesn’t open until 6:30am.

It was a relaxing day on ship doing a whole lot of nothing. I have to say, it was awesome taking such a short trip to get to the ship (Phoenix to Los Angeles).  I’m sure most of you, like me, are used to the sometimes multi-day process of traveling to a ship. Made all the more fun (not) by the headaches of dealing with air travel in this Age of Pandemics. But not this time for us. Way more relaxing. 

The kids spent the day exploring every inch of the ship, giving particular attention to testing the offerings in each bar. Some photos to follow.

• Like 1

Before a late dinner, we spent a couple of hours at Martinis. We were taken care of by Baptiste — an awesome bartender.  The gin offerings were way deeper than I was expecting, so good on Oceania for that. Shannon and Blaine will sometimes drink a vodka cocktail (for me that’s 🤮), but all three of us stick with gin. They had a Japanese gin I’ve never seen — Wa Bi. Tasted like a Japanese gin, along the lines of Roku.

4D6A2701-B00A-413A-976E-9D3B7C05DEAB.jpeg

8798F072-95AC-4E6F-B8BA-5141B4BF8E0E.jpeg

E2754E96-BBB4-430B-BD75-89561C8B45F6.jpeg

27534E05-6B94-44F9-8163-02D9ACC76983.jpeg

Absolutely spectacular day in Avalon, Catalina Island. Hiked up and back to the Botanic Gardens and Wrigley Memorial. Then some adult beverages in town before heading back to ship to lounge by the pool. 

FCD29CB0-7C67-44F7-9670-3986089F85E8.jpeg

040171B2-0993-4A88-912E-8843D5ADFDF1.jpeg

Edited by What A Market

Morning two at Baristas. Crazy, the barista remembered my order after only one day. 

Very, very calm evening sailing from Catalina to Ensenada. Just arrived in port and Leslie Jon just gave his “ship has been cleared” message. 

Nice evening last night. Drinks in Martinis, dinner again in main dining room, attended the magician show in the Regatta lounge, and finished at the roulette table with Shannon and Blaine. It’s Shannon’s birthday today. She played her new age number at the roulette table and HIT it!  Happy Birthday Shannon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1