LIVE!!! — Regatta, September 17, 2022

What A Market

1 hour ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear W.A.M.:

Thank you for your updates and photographs.  Two brief questions regarding "things on the ship".  Is the string quartet playing at the afternoon tea and before dinner and are the staff wearing masks?  I hope that you and your family continue to have a wonderful cruise.

Joel Barry

Hi Joel

I think I can answer both questions. 

Yes, we have seen the Quartet at Afternoon Tea, but we’ve only attended once. 

We see some staff wearing masks, but most are not. Seems completely random, which makes me think personal choice. Same goes for my fellow passengers. 

14 hours ago, birdrock96 said:

What A Market😎

My husband and I are on this cruise with you.  Love seeing your beautiful family aboard.  We are taking our daughter/son in law on this itinerary can’t wait for our 50th anniversary.  They are such foodies they will have a ball.

I agree with you it’s been a fun, relaxing cruise with such a wonderful crew.

Bonnie 

Hi Bonnie 

Please feel free to say “hi” if you bump into any of us. Glad you’re having a great time as well!

23 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Hi Bonnie and What A Market. I board Regatta on 21 October so was wondering f you could list a few of the crew. I’m particularly interested in the GM, the CD and perhaps the Club Ambassador.

TIA,

Dean

Hi Dean

Took me a while to find my Day 1 Currents with the senior people. 

GM: Gabriel Ovesea

CD: Leslie Jon

Club Ambassador: Michael De Sadeleer

• Thanks 1

Good morning again from Baristas. 
Pulling into Santa Barbara as I type this (tender Port).

A big shout out to the barista that works Baristas every morning. Thank you Sandra for my daily need for numerous espresso drinks. Sandra is the model of the type of staff you find on Oceania — warm, polite, and welcoming. Oh, and the main one — they work their asses off every day!

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sandra is like all the great Baristas, the only place to start your day. 😁 it is AMAZING that they can get off a shift in Toscana, or Red Ginger or elsewhere late and be delivering Capuchinos at 6:00 with a smile and chatting with all of us.  This is always a place where a tip is left and a name included in our mid cruise and final surveys. 

Why not mention to O or your TA to suggest they offer your desired drink in Baristas. It may not happen immediately but it could happen as they continually monitor guests requests. Keep sending the message. Just like in your stateroom, we are Pepsi drinkers so the Coke is always removed and Pepsi waiting for us on arrival. Well one time it took several days because they were out of stock in the crew store.  

Life sounds good on Regatta, just like I had heard on her previous segment from friends who were aboard. 
ENJOY, Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Sandra is like all the great Baristas, the only place to start your day. 😁 it is AMAZING that they can get off a shift in Toscana, or Red Ginger or elsewhere late and be delivering Capuchinos at 6:00 with a smile and chatting with all of us.  This is always a place where a tip is left and a name included in our mid cruise and final surveys. 

Why not mention to O or your TA to suggest they offer your desired drink in Baristas. It may not happen immediately but it could happen as they continually monitor guests requests. Keep sending the message. Just like in your stateroom, we are Pepsi drinkers so the Coke is always removed and Pepsi waiting for us on arrival. Well one time it took several days because they were out of stock in the crew store.  

Life sounds good on Regatta, just like I had heard on her previous segment from friends who were aboard. 
ENJOY, Mauibabes

Good suggestion! I had mentioned it to the F&B Manager on the Quest Xmas Cruise in '19. He said he would order it. Not sure if it ever showed up as we've not sailed because of Covid. I'm not surprised to hear that Sandra says its mentioned as it always seems very popular in Starbucks. It's my favorite drink these days so wish it was available!! 🙂

14 hours ago, RlyLvn said:

Thank you so much for your posts. We board Regatta tomorrow for a 26 day Hawaii and French Polynesia. 
First time on O. Good to see the positive review. 

From reports we’ve heard you’ll have a lot of space. Seems I heard a number yesterday of about 350 for your sailing. 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:09 AM, mauibabes said:

ENJOY, Mauibabes

Are the stateroom fridge drinks free or are you charged for them? If charged, how much for the water and soft drinks?

Edited by pete_coach

5 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

Are the stateroom fridge drinks free or are you charged for them? If charged, how much for the water and soft drinks?

Any liquid without alcohol, anywhere on the ship, is included in your fare. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, RlyLvn said:

Thank you so much for your posts. We board Regatta tomorrow for a 26 day Hawaii and French Polynesia. 
First time on O. Good to see the positive review. 

How fabulous!! You should have a super time...enjoy!!

On 9/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, What A Market said:

We then walked to Pier 39 and then took the electric F Train back down to the Ferry Building. Then hiked up to the Golden Gate Theatre to see the play To Kill A Mockingbird, starring Richard Harris playing Atticus Finch. It was fantastic!

A3F7F5C3-1A06-42BE-A0A8-3E6C731D8D35.jpeg

A9B51882-745F-4EA3-AAD0-09C2440D4FB5.jpeg

You had me going there for awhile-I think you mean Richard Thomas in the play. I believe Richard Harris passed about 20 years ago. Although he would have made an excellent Atticus Finch.

On 9/17/2022 at 12:05 PM, What A Market said:

So excited for this Oceania cruise. 
My fondest cruise memories come from cruising with the gang joining me for this cruise:

DW — Heidi

DD — Shannon 

and

Previously just and SO, but now an SIL — Blaine. 

Here’s a couple of photos from the last time we were together on the Regatta. Standing out on the balcony of an Owners Suite in Bordeaux. (Docking downtown Bordeaux on a R ship is the way to go!)

BC6D7CCC-8097-4B97-A52C-1D715D354131.jpeg

FED661A7-C44A-4A89-B6C7-75217384AF26.jpeg

Hi ,

I know this is off your current topic, but I have a question about Bordeaux as we are headed there soon.  We will be on the Sirena and docking downtown Bordeaux, any suggestions on what to do? We are there on an overnight but on the second day the ship moves port at 10am out to Le Verdon , was your itinerary similar? and if so did you do a shore excursion? independent or ship? thanks for any input, hope you had a good trip down the west coast.

Ann