Official Change to Platinum Dinner choices

LaCal

It’s Official 

📌Latitudes Rewards Dinner for Two Benefit Change:

Effective September 14, 2022, Latitudes Rewards members who reach a tier eligible for the Dinner for Two benefits will receive 2 Dinner for Two vouchers to be used at any specialty restaurant on sailings 5-days or longer. Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond and Ambassador tier members are entitled to an appetizer, entrée and dessert at any of our specialty restaurants:

• Dinner for Two with a      Bottle of Wine*

• Dinner for Two

The Dinner for Two voucher can also be redeemed for up to 4 menu items per person at the following a la carte restaurants:

• Sushi

• Wasabi

• Nama

• Teppanyaki

• Hasuki

• Food Republic

• Pincho Tapas Bar

• Raw Bar

*This benefit can be redeemed at any specialty restaurant except for Palomar, as the wine cannot be redeemed

Important to Note:

• Dinner for Two with a      Bottle of Wine and Dinner for Two vouchers cannot be used at the same      venue

• 2 guests maximum –      Dinner for Two vouchers are issued as a per stateroom benefit

• Solo travelers are      eligible for one dinner for each voucher

• Upcharges apply to      certain premium menu items – dining options vary by ship

• Guests will receive the      Dinner for Two vouchers in their stateroom upon embarkation

• Guests are responsible      for presenting the Dinner for Two voucher to their server prior to      ordering

• Dinner for Two vouchers      are non-transferable

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Thanks for posting!  While I love the freedom of choice, I’m so disappointed about the rule for solo travellers.  

I’m also wondering if the third person in our cabin who’s also Platinum will still be able to get her coupons from the Cruise Next desk like she’s always done 

The wording now states 2 per cabin only 🤔🤔

Ill still try in November 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LaCal said:

It’s Official 

Effective September 14, 2022, Latitudes Rewards members who reach a tier eligible for the Dinner for Two benefits will receive 2 Dinner for Two vouchers to be used at any specialty restaurant on sailings 5-days or longer. Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond and Ambassador tier members are entitled to an appetizer, entrée and dessert at any of our specialty restaurants:

• Dinner for Two

The Dinner for Two voucher can also be redeemed for up to 4 menu items per person at the following a la carte restaurants:

• Sushi

• Wasabi

• Nama

• Teppanyaki

• Hasuki

• Food Republic

• Pincho Tapas Bar

• Raw Bar

*This benefit can be redeemed at any specialty restaurant except for Palomar, as the wine cannot be redeemed

Important to Note:

• Dinner for Two with a      Bottle of Wine and Dinner for Two vouchers cannot be used at the same      venue

• 2 guests maximum –      Dinner for Two vouchers are issued as a per stateroom benefit

• Upcharges apply to      certain premium menu items – dining options vary by ship

• Guests will receive the      Dinner for Two vouchers in their stateroom upon embarkation

• Guests are responsible      for presenting the Dinner for Two voucher to their server prior to      ordering

Can you link or indicate where you are taking this from. It is not in the website (site still indicateds"platinum plus" in many of the perk descriptive areas 🥴) EDIT   NEVERMIND, I FOUND IT 

I know that the dinners were revamped for flexibility earlier this year and I have confirmation of same in an email from a land-based CruiseNext associate.

My interest is in the wording related to solo passenger vouchers and/or third platinum in cabin as my next two cruises  will be the first time time both scenarios will come up.

Edit...I found it. Nevermind

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker
Found new support on website

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if you have an existing booking, are you grand father in with a solo getting 2 dinners. I am very disappointed as a solo traveler i only now get 1 dinner. This is just as bad as reducing the free at sea dinning perks

Maybe. But it's sure to be a hot mess trying to get it straightened out on board.unlikely any grandfathering is going to be automatic. 

Edit Add: Also seeing as how op has an effective date they are referring to from some support I'd say we can probably forget the grandfathering 

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker

I recently call NCL and inquired about this. Regardless of how many Platinum and above are in a stateroom only 2 vouchers will be given. I disagree with this because each Platinum guest earned the status individually yet they are not given vouchers individually. This practice encourages ppl to put a Platinum in each room amongst friends/ family and change key cards after boarding. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, realtorgranny said:

I recently call NCL and inquired about this. Regardless of how many Platinum and above are in a stateroom only 2 vouchers will be given. I disagree with this because each Platinum guest earned the status individually yet they are not given vouchers individually. This practice encourages ppl to put a Platinum in each room amongst friends/ family and change key cards after boarding. 

Calling doesn't always yeild the correct answer anyway. It was policy that they gave a voucher to the 3rd +platinums in a cabin so i doubt that will be revoked.

Whether you have to go ask for it or not at the next cruise desk may be a factor.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

I think solo travelers still get two vouchers but it is only for you. you can use one coupon for night and the other the other night

1 hour ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

My interest is in the wording related to solo passenger vouchers and/or third platinum in cabin as my next two cruises  will be the first time time both scenarios will come up.

Umm, "Solo guests cannot claim two dinners" is the wording on the vouchers already.  It means as a solo you can't use it to get 4 meals by yourself, not that you can't invite a guest.

25 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Umm, "Solo guests cannot claim two dinners" is the wording on the vouchers already.  It means as a solo you can't use it to get 4 meals by yourself, not that you can't invite a guest.

And I think that the new wording means to say the same thing. You can't order two entrees yourself. And it has been that way for a while. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LaCal said:

It’s Official 

• Dinner for Two

• Sushi

• Wasabi

• Nama

• Teppanyaki

• Hasuki

• Food Republic

• Pincho Tapas Bar

• Raw Bar

Important to Note:

Can you provide link to this reference?

I don't quite understand the note on Palomar "as the wine can not be redeemed". Can someone explain what that means?

FWIW, this letter was distributed onboard the Joy this week. There are a good # of regular solo cruisers onboard, several at the Meet & Mingle this morning, perhaps they will post how this worked out for them, or not.

We dine in Cagney's using our voucher, and order 1 starter, 1 soup or salad, 1 entree plus 2 sides, plus dessert, coffee/tea being complimentary.

PXL_20220916_183543816.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to OP for posting. 

I would love if someone can provide a link to the exact wording also.   I can see some wording on the Latitudes page but didn't see anything with the effective date.

Something confusing to me.... how is it 4 menu items at Teppanyaki & Hasuki?

The Dinner for Two voucher can also be redeemed for up to 4 menu items per person at the following a la carte restaurants:

• Sushi

• Wasabi

• Nama

• Teppanyaki

• Hasuki

• Food Republic

• Pincho Tapas Bar

• Raw Bar

I hope they aren't really going to try to take the dinner vouchers away from the 3rd eligible person in a stateroom. Two diamonds and a sapphire in a 2 bedroom suite certainly deserve the dinners we each earned. I hope this is just a case of omission but the "• 2 guests maximum – Dinner for Two vouchers are issued as a per stateroom benefit" scares me!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Thanks for posting!  While I love the freedom of choice, I’m so disappointed about the rule for solo travellers.  

My husband and I have both Latitude Diamond status, he gets two Latitude dinners, I get two Latitude dinners - I never understood why solo travelers think they should be entitled to more than TWO Latitude dinners only because they are travelling "solo"?

Edited by TrumpyNor

4 minutes ago, ChC said:

Maybe for the simple fact that many solo (not all obviously) pay 150-175% or even double of what a couple would pay on a per person basis (if the solo traveller decides not to take the Studio cabin)? It would cost a solo traveller double of what a couple would spend to achieve Platinum on a per person basis. Actually, I saw Studio cabins constantly be more than double of what a normal inside cabin would be recently. I am not saying solo passenger should get more vouchers, I am just saying I understand why some solo travellers would feel that they deserve more.

Just a side note: 

Not all of us book inside cabins..... 😉

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I don't quite understand the note on Palomar "as the wine can not be redeemed". Can someone explain what that means?

here’s the link and if you then go to Platinum benefits and scroll all the way down you see all the info 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Edited by LaCal

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

here’s the fine print on the NCL website under the link i gave you 

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

My husband and I have both Latitude Diamond status, he gets two Latitude dinners, I get two Latitude dinners - I never understood why solo travelers think they should be entitled to more than TWO Latitude dinners only because they are travelling "solo"?

Because a solo cruiser paid twice as much, per person, than you did. A dinner is a small thing to give to a person who is usually paying much, much more (I have only paid 200% when going solo) than you.

And not all of us, most actually, get solo cabins, even an inside room costs double.

Does that help? 🙂

• Like 1

So how is this working with bookings that are giving you "free specialty dining"?  Still just 2 despite the fact that you are platinum?

First time for me with 3 in a cabin (lost my DH 4 years ago).  Mom and I platinum, my Aunt presently just gold status.

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

This is no longer true.   Some time back the dinners became per stateroom not per person.  DH and I are both Diamond, used to get four dinner (2 vouchers for 2) but now it is per stateroom, as the quoted verbage says.   It is mt belief that by offering the 2-3 dining vouchers in Free At Sea, they’ve overwhelmed their specialty restaurant capacity.  But that’s just my take on it.  

• Like 1

This is exactly how it was implemented on our NCL Prima 10 day out of Amsterdam on 3 September. ( 1st paid passenger cruise)

We are both Platinum

We received a Platinum Latitudes coupon booklet (actually a folded piece of lightweight cardboard) that had a coupon for 3 things:

1 - dinner for 2 with bottle of wine

2 - dinner for two

3 - free bag of laundry

notes re #1

— this can’t be redeemed in Palomar because Palomar has a unique wine list that contains only organic or biodynamic wines

— we redeemed it at Cagney’s, where we could select bottles only from a much pared down list. I think they were all on the UBP plan to start with. I need to verify, or you can if interested as I posted the dailies and most menus to my live report (entitled “not quite live …”)

— we EACH got an app, salad, entree (25 extra for tomahawk and lobster), 2 sides, dessert. A lit of food! A la carte pricing totaled about $150, zeroed out by coupon.

notes re: 2

– the coupon was good at any of the restaurants

— we used ours at Onda (excellent BTW), where our bill was about $120 before the coupon and zeroed out after the coupon.

— We each had an app, entree (main to the non-US) & dessert and shared a pizza for our starter. Again a lot of food. 

Relatedly, we also has 1 free specialty due to FAS and 2 specialty meals that we purchased as a package (hint - much cheaper before you embark). we used these as follows:

— Los Lobos - app/starter, entree, side, dessert

— Food Republic - 4 items each person.

— Palomar - salad, starter, entree, side, dessert

— if you don't have enough specialty dining, you could do Los Lobos or Food Republic out of picket. We were pressed to get $40 each out of Food Republic with our preferred choices (but since we paid for the specialty dining I wanted to get back at least what I paid)

notes re #3 (laundry) I inquired at Guest Services (Latitudes/Future Cruise desk was closed )  how to get our 2nd laundry coupon as we are both Platinum and this is a per person benny, not per cabin. I was told to just write “Platinum” on the bag and slip, which I did. No problem

— since we were in Spa Balcony, we also got 2 more bags of laundry, they said just write the same info.

Also for Latitudes benefits they weren't doing the behind the scenes tour “due to covid”,  which I call shenanigans on - the latitudes cocktail reception was packed as were mist entertainment venues (no special distancing required). And the “Round the World Wine Tasting” was capped at 100 and full before we got onboard (per the Latitudes staff).

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, LaCal said:

here’s the link and if you then go to Platinum benefits and scroll all the way down you see all the info 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Thank you very much.

I still don't understand "Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included."

We will be dining in Palomar in a few weeks and I am trying to figure out if we can use our Voucher. I think that this says you can get your free bottle of wine at restaurants that have the free wine list,,, but they are not going to tell you which restaurants those are,,, except Palomar does not offer free wine. The only place Palomar is mentioned is this goofy sentence in the context of wine. Thoughts?