Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

Jimesops, I'm having a hard time getting photos to the iCloud from my iPhone so I can post some. I have the premium package. I know I get a more consistent wifi from near the whiskey bar than in my balcony room on deck 16, even having "premium streaming" unlimited

Any hints for how you're loading photos while onboard?

9 hours ago, bobby3334 said:

Did they mention Halifax?   News last night had it being closed down due to being in path of Hurricane…very rare for costal Canada.  Hope not for all of you.  Is the Irish Sea relatively smooth near Cork?

Mike

No news on Halifax, checking Windy looks like a great move by the captain for skipping Scotland and sailing west. Haven't felt anything, relativity smooth sailing, so far

23 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

Jimesops, I'm having a hard time getting photos to the iCloud from my iPhone so I can post some. I have the premium package. I know I get a more consistent wifi from near the whiskey bar than in my balcony room on deck 16, even having "premium streaming" unlimited

Any hints for how you're loading photos while onboard?

@herbanrenewalLocation, as you mention is part of the solution and time of day. We have been lucky so far, photo's upload has been easy, videos unable to upload.

20 hours ago, DMP609 said:

I'm really enjoying your report. Thank you for taking the time from your vacation to post.

How is the storage space? On videos I've watched, it seems really lacking. There will be 3 of us in a family balcony (only difference from a BA is a sleeper sofa) and I think we'll have to live out of our suitcases 😞

@DMP609No issues for us, plenty of room for two. Packed for 8 days, laundry will be the first day in Iceland which should make it to the end.   

Almost witnessed a Carnival moment at Sid's, seating was completely taken by the time we arrived, 45 minutes early. Venue was over capacity. With that combination and drinking things started to get tense. NCL needs to change the seating arrangement, limit the amount of crew that's allowed to attended and maybe turn people away, sad to think that way but you can't enjoy the show with someone standing in front of you or constantly pushing into you. Show was great !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Almost witnessed a Carnival moment at Sid's, seating was completely taken by the time we arrived, 45 minutes early. Venue was over capacity. With that combination and drinking things started to get tense. NCL needs to change the seating arrangement, limit the amount of crew that's allowed to attended and maybe turn people away, sad to think that way but you can't enjoy the show with someone standing in front of you or constantly pushing into you. Show was great !!!

The Lay-out of the Syd is Bad designed. Would be easy to make it bigger and with better seating and standing areas. 

the Lay-out at improve is not better because you don‘t see the stage at many places good. 

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

Super surprised on the upload speed, but we are still close to the UK. Kirkwall has been cancelled due to storms north, means almost two full days in Iceland. Feel sorry about the cabin down the hall that has the slide outside, we could hear people screaming.

Goodbye Southampton,

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

What cabin are you in that you can hear the slides from?  

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

No news on Halifax, checking Windy looks like a great move by the captain for skipping Scotland and sailing west. Haven't felt anything, relativity smooth sailing, so far

I heard this morning that it hit bad north of Halifax in NS and PEI. But Halifax so far has been ok, but rain still heavy, so flood risk in town for a day or so. Hopefully our Prima schedule will be not impacted.

3 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

I heard this morning that it hit bad north of Halifax in NS and PEI. But Halifax so far has been ok, but rain still heavy, so flood risk in town for a day or so. Hopefully our Prima schedule will be not impacted.

We really enjoyed Halifax the times we were there, so I hope you are right that the Prima will get you there. 👌 for you.

Good Morning, Internet speeds at their lowest, test upload failed. Hour change back last night, today was the slot pull, well attended but I think the time change may have effected the attendance. Today, latitudes party at observation lounge at 1PM. Later on Price is Right show is planned along with another trip to Syd's. Weather is improving, 57 degrees and I did see some sun peaking out. Unsure what time we will arrive in Reykjavik, forecast high 48 degrees, light winds and cloudy.

Just now, Steff79 said:

Do you now how many paxe are on your cruise.?

have fun with the price is right, I found the moderator great and funny. 

I was told just under 2400. And Captain announced this morning we should arrive in Reykjavik at 6am...a little earlier than planned.

• Thanks 1

Diana from excursion  service, she has awesome pics at her insta account btw., wrote that tomorrow after nine the sky will be clear and the chances are good for northern lights. For your information. But you can’t never sure with this and when. Could be later or in the night. Not sure if they tell you at the prima when they are to see. 

and also, the northern lights many times looks most only like gray lights and the colours see you when picturing. 
if they are strong you can see maybe colours. 

Edited by Steff79

Went to Syd's last night, two sets around 45 minutes, one of the best if not the best show we have ever seen. Arrived early, before the doors opened and there was over 70 people in line, place was packed by within a few minutes, portable seats help out some.

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

• Like 2