"Old School" Cruise Card

Sunset329

Late to the party so am not sure if anyone has commented on "old" cruise cards.  

I just returned from a cruise on the Grand Princess.  I had requested to see a couple of cabins (not important).  Customer Service issued me two cruise cards for the day.  I had no trouble opening the cabin doors.  In fact, stewards use cruise cards to access their cabins for cleaning.  

You can also just tell them your cabin number when ordering.  They can pull up your account that way.

As for leaving the ship, I didn't try using the cards since it was a sea day, but I don't see why that would be a problem?

keycard.thumb.jpg.3b8aafef3a708c3a8f68ce7892b65113.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 2:30 AM, MissP22 said:

Could anyone point to just one security item that could be compromised from my Medallion I might change my mind. 

Let's say I'm a make-up artist like those guys on Mission Impossible.   I could buy drinks using your medallion!  Or, let's you have an identical twin you don't know about like in the Parent Trap, or an identical cousin like Patty Duke had.  They could buy drinks using your medallion.  

8 hours ago, caribill said:

That was an identical twin, not a cousin.

You will be humming this for a few days.  Don't hate me. 

"But they're cousins

Identical cousins and you'll find

The laugh alike they walk alike

At times they even talk alike"

Please don't tell me the nun couldn't really fly! 😀

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

You will be humming this for a few days.  Don't hate me. 

"But they're cousins

Identical cousins and you'll find

The laugh alike they walk alike

At times they even talk alike"

Please don't tell me the nun couldn't really fly! 😀

I hadn't remembered that William Schallert who played Patty's father, also played his identical twin brother, father of Cathy.  The show sure saved a lot of money on principal actors by doing this.

• Like 1

I originally posted the question if we can simply use an "old school" cruise card instead of the medallion. We just returned from our cruise on the Sapphire Princess. Forget everything I said! We used the Medallion and App and loved it. We reviewed activities, viewed evening menus, ordered drinks and food and tracked the location of Shipmates using the App. Of course, the Medallion also opened our cabin door. We loved using the Medallion on our cruise, and hopefully will use it again soon.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sunset329 said:

I originally posted the question if we can simply use an "old school" cruise card instead of the medallion. just returned from our cruise on the Sapphire Princess. Forget everything I said! We used the Medallion and App and loved it. We reviewed activities, viewed evening menus, ordered drinks and food and tracked the location of Shipmates using the App. Of course, the Medallion also opened our cabin door. We loved using the Medallion on our cruise, and hopefully will use it again soon.

Sounds like another cruiser who discovered the medallion isn't as awful as those who haven't cruised with it state 🤔 

Which is why I always try to find out if those posting opinions have actually personally cruised / experienced issues

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1