Suites

DeltaFolks

5 hours ago, DeltaFolks said:

What is the difference on the Zuiderdam between Signature Suites and Deluxe Suites?

I suspect you are looking at an older website, or some website that has not updated its information to match the terminology HAL uses.

If you go to cruisedeckplans.com and "Enter Public Site"; click the orange ship shape in the top left corner, choose ship by typing Z twice... when it loads, you will see diagrams of the three classes of suites on Zuiderdam: Signature, Neptune, and Pinnacle.

11 hours ago, DeltaFolks said:

What is the difference on the Zuiderdam between Signature Suites and Deluxe Suites?

The "deluxe" suites you mentioned are really Neptune suites I believe.  The Neptunes are about 20-25% larger IMO and come with a variety of perks, such as access to the Neptune Lounge and special area for breakfast, VIP boarding and disembarkation, priority for tenders, free laundry, and welcome reception the first evening (plus a few others).

Deluxe verandah suite is the old term for what is now referred to as Neptune Suites.  It can be relatively easy to find this term still in use on the internet.  Just know that should you see it used it most likely is from an old and outdated source.

It can be easy and frustrating at times when researching when people post terms that are not actually reflective or mimic HAL's.  For instance I have seen websites reference the term, "mini suites".  That isn't a term used by HAL at all and can be very confusing for people who are not familiar with HAL's cabin categories.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

Deluxe verandah suite is the old term for what is now referred to as Neptune Suites.  It can be relatively easy to find this term still in use on the internet.  Just know that should you see it used it most likely is from an old and outdated source.

It can be easy and frustrating at times when researching when people post terms that are not actually reflective or mimic HAL's.  For instance I have seen websites reference the term, "mini suites".  That isn't a term used by HAL at all and can be very confusing for people who are not familiar with HAL's cabin categories.  

It would be an extremely old phrase. We have sailed in a Neptune or Penthouse Suite for 30 years...Pinnacle Suite was Penthouse Suite. But don't remember "Deluxe Suite".

6 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It definitely was.  Actually I’m pretty sure it was used even 10 years ago.

I remember seeing them on old deck plans.  It was invented at the time verandahs were still a new thing on many ships.  They were often only in suites.  Therefore it was a perk worth highlighting within the name....it'd be redundant now.  

7 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It definitely was.  Actually I’m pretty sure it was used even 10 years ago.

We started sailing in 2004.  Neptune Suite were called that at the time.  Perhaps it was ten years ago when the name "Signature Suite" came into being?