Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean (& back)

Host Hattie

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

After a very long gap, Mr HH & I will be boarding Queen Victoria tomorrow.

I'm just finishing a glass of champagne in the garden of our hotel in the New Forest so it's time to declare this holiday started !

Screenshot_20220921-125408-705.png

Have a wonderful holiday on our home from home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Mr HH & I will be boarding Queen Victoria tomorrow.

Bon Voyage! Could you do me a huge favor? Could you take note of the style of power outlets (North American, British or European) available in public spaces, such as the library, or lounges where one might plug in a laptop to work? Thanks. Hopefully I won't have to carry adapters for every possible scenario with that info!

• Like 2

We had a very nice dinner at the hotel last night and a good night's sleep. So good that we almost missed breakfast!

We got there just in time and moved our cases round to reception. Back to the room to take our COVID tests, both negative. I can't imagine how upset I would have been not to be able to go at this stage.

Thanks all, we're enjoying some sun on our balcony and waiting for our last bag to arrive.

Our taxi came a bit earlier than booked so we were on our way from Beaulieu at 12.30 and through Mayflower Terminal and on the ship at 1.30. There was a bit of confusion as the system had the wrong passport numbers for both of us - very odd as mine was brand new. Our photos needed taking twice, we were some of the few people in the terminal wearing masks.

The Golden Lion was serving lunch until 2.30, it was quiet when we arrived but had filled up by the time we finished. 

We had our cards scanned at our muster station and came back to our Deck 4 cabin to unpack.

IMG_20220923_135446992.jpg

IMG_20220923_134405662.jpg

• Like 4

I had seen some speculation .......

There's no sign of any police or bomb squad activity, the workers on the dockside have pulled up chairs so they seem to be expecting a long wait.

We're finishing off our Pol Aker with  Peach juice and trying to decide if we need to dress for dinner or a night in the terminal !

10 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Who is the Captain? On the short cruise after you.

I don't know, the new format Daily Programme doesn't tell you and I don't think he introduced himself in either his safety briefing or his subsequent broadcasts.