Why the Difference?

Ret MP

Below is a screen snot of my two upcoming cruises from the mobile app.  If you look real close, you'll see that in the 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise has a little banner just above and to the left that says, "MY SAILING".  Yet, the 4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise does not.  Anybody know why?  

Cruise mobile app.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Below is a screen snot of my two upcoming cruises from the mobile app.  If you look real close, you'll see that in the 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise has a little banner just above and to the left that says, "MY SAILING".  Yet, the 4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise does not.  Anybody know why?  

Cruise mobile app.jpg

Looks like you have possible  linked guests from another booking.  It's identifying that this one is your reservation.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like you have possible  linked guests from another sailing.  It's identifying that this one is your reservation.

Thanks.  Ya, I guess that is possible.  I hope that is all it is. But, I am the original booker with both cruises.  The second cruise, the 7 night one was done through a TA, not the first, I called RCCL directly to book the 1st.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  

Originally, I was thinking that the first cruise with the missing marker/banner may be the cause or contribute to why I can't see my cruise documents to include the "BOARDING PASS/SET SAIL PASS".  I'm about 37 days out so it might just be too early, yet.

Edited by Ret MP

Just now, Ret MP said:

Thanks.  Ya, I guess that is possible.  I hope that is all it is. But, I am the original booker with both cruises.  The second cruise, the 7 night one was done through a TA, not the first, I called RCCL directly to book the 2nd.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  

Originally, I was thinking that the first cruise with the missing marker/banner may be the cause or contribute to why I can't see my cruise documents to include the "BOARDING PASS/SET SAIL PASS".  I'm about 37 days out so it might just be too early, yet.

Mine have always said the exact same thing when I have both mine and my kids reservations linked for the same sailing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Is it possible that that's the one that's "active" in your app?  So if you back out of that screen, the app shows information for the 7 night cruise?  To test, on that page, click the 4 night, and see if it gets the "My reservation" banner. 

I tried both, backing out of the 4 night and the 7 night.  Neither shows the, "My Reservations".  But, I did just notice on the 4 Night on the page that shows the Deck #, Stateroom #, and Muster location, it says, "Unable to display reservation and folio.  Please contact Royal Caribbean assistance with your account".  

I guess a call is in order! 🤬

Edited by Ret MP

Well, I called and talked to thweb help desk, which isn't.  The guy asked if I got a confirmation email that I completed the check-in process, which I didn't.   But, both the app and the website says my wife's and mine are completed.  So, here it comes, the help desk guy, which he isn't, says, "I can't help you with is, everything I see and what you have told me isn't in my trouble shooting cheat sheets so I'll have to escalate this to the "Resolution Desk"(LOL) and they will call or email you when they have answers".  

That is all!

On a group of B2B/S2S cruises last year, I had one cruise that was messed up and wouldn't allow me to check in.

All cruises were booked with the same travel agent.  All cruises were booked with just me on the reservation. All cruises were booked with my C&A number on file.  All cruises were paid for with the same credit card. NOTHING different about that one cruise.

When I got to the port, the check-in person (with a tablet only) had to take me off to the side to a person with a computer to have them manually check me in (scan the passport, swipe the credit card, enter the emergency contact person/number, print me a SetSail Pass, etc.), then I had to go back to the tablet section to complete the getting on the ship portion.

Every once in a while, Royal's always-stellar IT department just glitches, and there's nothing they can do about it.  I tried to fix this by calling in advance, I also tried calling the C&A number, my TA tried, and my TA's corporate liaison tried.  Nobody knew what the problem was or how to fix it.  It took an extra ten minutes to check in at the port, but the rest of the cruise went off without a hitch.

5 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Well, I called and talked to thweb help desk, which isn't.  The guy asked if I got a confirmation email that I completed the check-in process, which I didn't.   But, both the app and the website says my wife's and mine are completed.  So, here it comes, the help desk guy, which he isn't, says, "I can't help you with is, everything I see and what you have told me isn't in my trouble shooting cheat sheets so I'll have to escalate this to the "Resolution Desk"(LOL) and they will call or email you when they have answers".  

That is all!

The app has been glitchy for the last 2 days

trying to reset my parents password as they booked a last minute cruise keep getting sorry hit a snag

then some of our bookings disappeared 

then I get email to complete health questionnaire for tomorrow’s sailing and it still isn’t there

I give up 🤦🏼‍♀️

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

Royal's always-stellar IT department just glitches

LOL, that's for sure!

Royal's GLitCHES department is right!

On another Cruise Social Media Forum, I'd knock Royal's IT Department, relentlessly, and you wouldn't believe how many people would come out of the woodwork to provide excuse after excuse for them.  It was embarrassing, for them.  I also knocked their whole "Landside" operation, especially their "Phone Answerers" (relentlessly).  Again, the excuses would come out, not as bad but there were still some.  I'm loyal to Royal only because of their "Sea Side" operations, ships, and crew.  For me, that's really what matters is the ship's experience.  While I'm on the ship and really really enjoying just about everything about the experience, "Landside" is the furthest from my mind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spurschick said:

The app has been glitchy for the last 2 days

trying to reset my parents password as they booked a last minute cruise keep getting sorry hit a snag

then some of our bookings disappeared 

then I get email to complete health questionnaire for tomorrow’s sailing and it still isn’t there

I give up 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well, be prepared to have to do it all over again at the Terminal.  It's a damn shame, not that this happened this week, but that it happens in different ways and for different time lengths of time, FAR TOO OFTEN.  

We currently have 6 upcoming cruises and all but one say “my cruise” in the upper left.  I have no idea why. These are all booked with a couple of different TAs. Maybe the TA put us in a group cruise? I often wondered why as I’ve noticed this before.

Edited to add that none of our upcoming cruises are open for Checkin yet

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We currently have 6 upcoming cruises and all but one say “my cruise” in the upper left.  I have no idea why. These are all booked with a couple of different TAs. Maybe the TA put us in a group cruise? I often wondered why as I’ve noticed this before.

It's Royal's gl-IT-ch Department at work.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ret MP said:

On another Cruise Social Media Forum, I'd knock Royal's IT Department, relentlessly, and you wouldn't believe how many people would come out of the woodwork to provide excuse after excuse for them.  It was embarrassing, for them.  I also knocked their whole "Landside" operation, especially their "Phone Answerers" (relentlessly).  Again, the excuses would come out, not as bad but there were still some.  I'm loyal to Royal only because of their "Sea Side" operations, ships, and crew.  For me, that's really what matters is the ship's experience.  While I'm on the ship and really really enjoying just about everything about the experience, "Landside" is the furthest from my mind.

I've oft commented to people about the HUGE discrepancy between the two Royal experiences. 

It's almost like the people in charge of the ships are working for a completely different company than the people in charge of the landside operations.... IT, customer service, billing/accounting, promotions..... pretty much EVERY department on land is an absolute clusterflub of passing-the-buck and flat-out incompetence. 

Then you get on the ship and literally every employee you see will bend over backwards to make sure you have the best vacation possible.  I mean, even the lady that wipes down the public restrooms is always smiling and saying hello all cruise long.... who the heck is cheery while cleaning toilets???  

• Like 1