When do you think we will be able to book shows before boarding?

maggieq

8 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I understand that.  But isn't it easier to just open the app and sit down somewhere and do this rather then wander around and have to stand in lines?

My point was that for people who don't have a phone or are afraid of their phone, you can still go old school.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:57 PM, coaster said:

A trick is to try to get ship wifi in the terminal. You may need to walk closer towards the ship  in the terminal, but it is worth a try. Book the comedy show first on Oasis class! Very limited seating. Liked it in the past where you could book before boarding, but it is a frenzy now to do it at the last minute. Plus many cruisers disregard their check-in time and will get first dibs to book when checking in before their assigned time. 

shhhhhhh

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 3:20 AM, Biker19 said:

How far out from sailing time you can get credit for watching the muster videos (via any connection) seems to vary a bit up to a max of about 16 hours. 

Only been able to get credit for it as soon as I could connect to ships wifi 

so as soon as we enter terminal and are checked in we are normally in range to connect to ships wifi. Select the use app for free option and it will then give you credit. Would only give credit if connected to ships wifi not on cell date. 

On 10/3/2022 at 2:31 AM, little britain said:

We watched the safety briefing whilst in the cab travelling to the port!. You do not have to be connected to ships Wi-Fi to watch safety briefing. 

Yes you can watch any time BUT it will not mark as complete unless connected to ships wifi  - there is a big difference between the 2

On 9/29/2022 at 4:06 PM, HappyTexan44 said:

I apologize for being such a noob.  So, you can connect to the ship's wifi for free while at the departure port?    From what I've read, access to the Wifi is what you get when you buy the internet package, right?  Does it use your GPS location to determine if you can make the reservations, or is it that you are on the Wifi?

My initial plans were to do Anytime dining and to set the dining times around the shows.  Although, I'm starting to read that Anytime is a mess with bad availability.  So maybe not.  

Thinking Voyager out of Galveston Feb 2024.   Waiting on an answer on whether DD's best friend can go with us before I make the reservations.    

Yes you go into app and select connect to app for free 

On 10/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Sorry, but that is simply not correct.

Well I have been on multiple cruises since this inception. Yes been able to watch multiple times from wherever but not once has it marked off complete unless I have been connected to the ships wifi. Maybe you got lucky that it marked as complete for you but it certainly has not on any of our sailings

On 10/2/2022 at 7:26 PM, brillohead said:

I agree, @Spurschick has incorrect information.  You can watch the safety video and listen to the emergency signal ON EMBARKATION DAY, regardless of being connected to the ship's wifi.  

I did mine on Saturday in my Airbnb in Miami before getting on Explorer.  

Again I never said you couldn’t watch it I said it won’t mark as complete - there is a difference

i just watched my one for March at home but guess what didn’t mark it as complete. When you are connected to ships wifi it will then come up green once you have watched it with completed next to it 

Edited by Spurschick

1 hour ago, Spurschick said:

Yes you can watch any time BUT it will not mark as complete unless connected to ships wifi  - there is a big difference between the 2

When I fly to Barcelona again in a few weeks, I will again watch it in the cab to port and check. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spurschick said:

That was my experience a year ago when I first used it but the last few cruises it has been fine doing it from the hotel

6 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Well I have been on multiple cruises since this inception. Yes been able to watch multiple times from wherever but not once has it marked off complete unless I have been connected to the ships wifi. Maybe you got lucky that it marked as complete for you but it certainly has not on any of our sailings

Lucky or not, have been successful 6 times since the inception of E Muster watching the video prior to arrival at the terminal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Would only give credit if connected to ships wifi not on cell data. 

Your experience is unique, lots of reporting being able to get credit hours before getting to the pier not connected to the ship wifi.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was my experience a year ago when I first used it but the last few cruises it has been fine doing it from the hotel

Thanks, 

maybe because when we started back cruising last year we were told that was how it had to be done as we were wondering why it was not marking off as complete and were told had to be connected. We didn’t know it had changed more recently so we have always automatically connected to wifi to complete as never saw reason to think it had changed. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Your experience is unique, lots of reporting being able to get credit hours before getting to the pier not connected to the ship wifi.

I guess we started back cruising when it was required to be connected and per ourusualbeach this has changed. Was unaware it had changed so we always connected in the same way.

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Lucky or not, have been successful 6 times since the inception of E Muster watching the video prior to arrival at the terminal. 

Per ourusualbeach looks like it has changed since we restarted cruising. On our first cruise back after restart we literally watched it multiple times and when couldn’t work out why was still showing incomplete was told had to be connected to ships wifi. Didn’t think it would change but then with RC IT anything is possible. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

When I fly to Barcelona again in a few weeks, I will again watch it in the cab to port and check. 

I’ll try again when we are on Symphony soon. I know it didn’t work when we were on Oasis last year. Didn’t bother trying it again as it was painful trying to watch it multiple times wondering why it wouldn’t check off so when told had to connect to ships wifi just went into automatic mode every cruise there after so as to not have to keep repeating the exercise lol. Will be interesting to see how it works on Celebrity cruise we have upcoming seeing as it’s basically the same app.

either way it’s a lot lot easier than doing the very painful muster on MSC 🙄

Edited by Spurschick