The Migration Continues

arxcards

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

They have been communicating the protocols since day dot, and for whatever reason, those passengers haven't followed the instructions given. The same has happened on Princess and P&O - and will do for all of the other lines for the foreseeable future.

5% of passengers can be unvaccinated. This can be anyone over 12 with a valid medical exemption, or any child under 12. In either case, you need to register this with the cruise line so that you are counted in the 5%. 

If that 5% is already full, they will reschedule or refund your cruise. If you arrive at the pier oblivious to any of this, you are denied boarding.

I would consider myself well read, however I've never heard of those restrictions.  Do they come up on the internet screen when people actually make their bookings? 

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

Anyone who believes what they get from A Current Affair has a very poor grasp on reality. "Fake News" doesn't cover their usual abysmal attempts at journalism.

And no doubt the families interviewed got a couple of grand for appearing on the goggle box.

Edited by NSWP

From my understanding at least from what I read on Carnival they want people to pay the cruise in full and then apply for the unvaxxed 5%. The problem is when you pay you have no idea if you will be allowed on or not. The 5% is between children and adults with medical exceptions. So if someone in your group is unvaxxed for whatever reason you are going in blind hoping you are one of the people that get through. It’s a huge risk and I’m not sure how close to the cruise they let people know the outcome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Auscruisefam said:

From my understanding at least from what I read on Carnival they want people to pay the cruise in full and then apply for the unvaxxed 5%. The problem is when you pay you have no idea if you will be allowed on or not. The 5% is between children and adults with medical exceptions. So if someone in your group is unvaxxed for whatever reason you are going in blind hoping you are one of the people that get through. It’s a huge risk and I’m not sure how close to the cruise they let people know the outcome. 

From memory they said on the show, they were cancelled the week before the cruise, but then the poor souls might have been 'verballed' by Channel 9.

3 minutes ago, Auscruisefam said:

That doesn't sound fair and reasonable to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I would consider myself well read, however I've never heard of those restrictions.  Do they come up on the internet screen when people actually make their bookings? 

They have been quoted on several threads here since late April, and social media groups have been agitated for that long as well.

It was P&O, then Princess, and now its the Carnival crowd. Royal to follow soon.

Yes, there is a vaccine acknowledgement as part of your booking T&Cs. Reading is optional prior to accepting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

They have been quoted on several threads here since late April, and social media groups have been agitated for that long as well.

It was P&O, then Princess, and now its the Carnival crowd. Royal to follow soon.

Yes, there is a vaccine acknowledgement as part of your booking T&Cs. Reading is optional prior to accepting.

As soon as you have a booking with P&O if you go into Cruise Control to check the cruise it will come up with Register Vaccination Status and it will inform you of the restrictions for children and unvaccinated adults.  If there is a child in the booking then the exemption application is clearly stated and the link to the form required.  This rule was clearly stated when the protocols were released for resumption of cruising.  I guess some people never read the rules.

We have a family (12) cruise for New Year and the youngest is only 11.  He has had 1 vaccination and I am like a broken record trying to get his mother to organise the second one.   grrrrr  This cruise has been moved-over twice and rules are different to the original 2020 booking.   grrrr

• Like 2

Looking deeper into this, there are some cracks that people could fall through. I haven't watched ACA to know if they specifically fell down one of those.

I believe the protocols are well communicated, but there can be issues, because the 5% is not a fixed number. If the governments allowed them a nominal 5% based on the ships normal capacity, there would be more surety.

- Some had already paid in full before the protocols were announced, due to past cancellations being rebooked. While there was the option to cancel/rebook again, people were holding out hope that the rules would change before their departure

- Carnival Splendor. Lots of US passengers booked on the transpacific, and some for B2Bs afterwards. At the same time the restrictions were about to ease in the US, they announced the protocols for this cruise not only required vaccinations, but masks as well due to Australian protocols. How dare an Australian authority tell an American they need to wear a mask on the ship - this followed with a social media blow-up, mass cancellations, and the 5% number shrank at the same time.

- There is a log jam of past bookings that have been loyally rebooked each time the cruise was cancelled during the shutdown. There are passengers that still can't get into the 5% on upcoming cruises, but don't want to cancel because of the goodwill OBC given for the past cancellations.

There is a solution, and that is for a nominal maximum number of unvaccinated of around 5% vs having a floating 5%. For passenger/crew capacity of 3000, everyone is aware they can accept 150 unvaccinated kids/medical exemptions, then it is first in, waitlisted, or booking declined.

We booked 31st May on Explorer a month before protocols were known, presuming something similar to the US. The 5% wasn't even a consideration then, so that flexibility can also turn out to be a flaw.

Back early last year, we made a decision whether to be jabbed or not. Yes, I was concerned that I had older family members and work mates I didn't want to get sick, and also concerned for an asthmatic partner. We chatted it over and the casting vote went to cruising. We discussed that when cruising resumed they would likely have restrictions, including vaccination, and there was going to be nothing stopping us from resuming our cruising. I don't think I have any more foresight than others, but am certainly glad we are in the 95%.

We paid the deposit on Celebrity Edge long before protocols were announced. The cruise doesn't happen till March 2024, and the protocols could well be gone by then. All the same, Celebrity have sent this via email, which requires us to acknowledge our vaccination status. That is all part of determining a 5% early, a year before anyone has to commit to a final payment.

Capture_51.thumb.jpg.034f4c677be90703ec41bb104d4887d7.jpg

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 3

OK, back to the migration.

Carnival Luminosa - through the Suez Canal, and in the Gulf of Aden en route to Dubai.

Majestic Princess - has left Hawaii and on the way to Tahiti. 18 days to go.

Celebrity Eclipse - more ports in her Transpacific, she is currently doing an overnight in Lahaina, Maui. It would be a great place for a late night if Mick Fleetwood is in residence at his restaurant. 

Ovation of the Seas - departed Vancouver on her Transpacific yesterday, although her first port was only to Seattle. She has departed Seattle in the past hour, and heading for Lahaina.

The Alaskan season is now over, with the remaining ships heading south toward Vancouver or Seattle. This includes Quantum of the Seas, Norwegian Spirit, Noordam & Westerdam. Grand Princess is in San Diego.

Queen Elizabeth has almost completed her European season, returning back to Barcelona tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Luminosa spent a day and a half in Dubai, and are now bound for Singapore.

1594503168_download(39).thumb.png.f56846547b300a85249ffb708b41f041.png

Nearest the pin is Majestic Princess - 1 week tomorrow morning she will be in Sydney, following her long weekend in New Zealand.

Time  for another update, as I will be part of it on Thursday.

Just a bit of a project to capture the fleet, as they migrate south for the summer. in order of arrival dates into Australia. Jump in and post transit info for your ship of interest - port and ship cams etc.

Carnival Splendor   ✔️

Majestic Princess has recently departed Waitangi, on her final leg and Sydney bound. Due to arrive early on Thursday morning. Just 3 more sleeps till cruise day.

Celebrity Eclipse due into Auckland tomorrow, then Waitangi and onto Sydney for 22nd October

Ovation of the Seas has departed Moorea, and heading to Papeete. The tracking looks weird, as if they have changed their mind. 3 ports to come in NZ, then arriving in Sydney on 29th October. 

Carnival Luminosa will arrive in Singapore late tomorrow, then on to arrive in Brisbane on the evening of 29th October. When they get their ship together, she will start cruising on 6th November.

905732094_download(40).thumb.png.d262bcf5f95b39e58094670bb995c992.png

Quantum of the Seas has left Hawaii and heading to Tahiti. Due to arrive in Brisbane on 1st November.

Grand Princess has departed Tahiti and on her way to Fiji. She then sets off for NZ, Sydney and Melbourne. Arrives to Sydney on 2nd November, then into Melbourne 2 days later.

Queen Elizabeth has recently transited the Suez Canal and now in the Gulf of Aden. Set to arrive in Fremantle on 7th November.

Westerdam is approaching Apia, Samoa. Lots more Pacific ports to visit, then via North Queensland, to arrive in Sydney on 8th November.

Noordam  Currently cruising Hawaii. Scheduled arrival in Sydney on 12th November.

Norwegian Spirit is also cruising Hawaii, and about to do voyages between Honolulu and Papeete. Arrives in Sydney on 21st December.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

Time  for another update, as I will be part of it on Thursday.

Just a bit of a project to capture the fleet, as they migrate south for the summer. in order of arrival dates into Australia. Jump in and post transit info for your ship of interest - port and ship cams etc.

Carnival Splendor   ✔️

Majestic Princess has recently departed Waitangi, on her final leg and Sydney bound. Due to arrive early on Thursday morning. Just 3 more sleeps till cruise day.

Celebrity Eclipse due into Auckland tomorrow, then Waitangi and onto Sydney for 22nd October

Ovation of the Seas has departed Moorea, and heading to Papeete. The tracking looks weird, as if they have changed their mind. 3 ports to come in NZ, then arriving in Sydney on 29th October. 

Carnival Luminosa will arrive in Singapore late tomorrow, then on to arrive in Brisbane on the evening of 29th October. When they get their ship together, she will start cruising on 6th November.

905732094_download(40).thumb.png.d262bcf5f95b39e58094670bb995c992.png

Quantum of the Seas has left Hawaii and heading to Tahiti. Due to arrive in Brisbane on 1st November.

Grand Princess has departed Tahiti and on her way to Fiji. She then sets off for NZ, Sydney and Melbourne. Arrives to Sydney on 2nd November, then into Melbourne 2 days later.

Queen Elizabeth has recently transited the Suez Canal and now in the Gulf of Aden. Set to arrive in Fremantle on 7th November.

Westerdam is approaching Apia, Samoa. Lots more Pacific ports to visit, then via North Queensland, to arrive in Sydney on 8th November.

Noordam  Currently cruising Hawaii. Scheduled arrival in Sydney on 12th November.

Norwegian Spirit is also cruising Hawaii, and about to do voyages between Honolulu and Papeete. Arrives in Sydney on 21st December.

Good to see, thanks. Hopefully this will soon se a change on this forum from all the P&O, Princess, medallion guff.🙄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Good to see, thanks. Hopefully this will soon se a change on this forum from all the P&O, Princess, medallion guff.🙄

Maybe. The more ships, the more discussion. The forum is what we make it.

Now after discussing BICT parking options for P&O and Princess cruisers, we get to do the same for Luminosa and Quantum cruisers, and we get to work out the power outlets available on a wider fleet of ships - a much greater variety of guff. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Maybe. The more ships, the more discussion. The forum is what we make it.

Now after discussing BICT parking options for P&O and Princess cruisers, we get to do the same for Luminosa and Quantum cruisers, and we get to work out the power outlets available on a wider fleet of ships - a much greater variety of guff. 😉

When you mention a small/medium ship then I'll be really excited.  The biggest ship I've been on in NZ/Aus waters was Celebrity Century, where I had a big balcony upgrade on day of departure from an inside.  That is why I tell people to not be concerned if they haven't got a cabin number from a guarantee booking  They have to give you something and mine was a delightful surprise.  

55 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

When you mention a small/medium ship then I'll be really excited.  The biggest ship I've been on in NZ/Aus waters was Celebrity Century, where I had a big balcony upgrade on day of departure from an inside.  That is why I tell people to not be concerned if they haven't got a cabin number from a guarantee booking  They have to give you something and mine was a delightful surprise.  

The smaller ships are off my radar, so I will leave that to others that have that sort of interest. If I was looking at booking Viking, Azamara, Seabourn, Oceania etc, I would be all over it. Alas, they are either out of our league or beyond our field of interest.

On that flip side, the smallest ships we have been on are Pacific Eden/Aria, which were quite comfortable, but also inexpensive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The smaller ships are off my radar, so I will leave that to others that have that sort of interest. If I was looking at booking Viking, Azamara, Seabourn, Oceania etc, I would be all over it. Alas, they are either out of our league or beyond our field of interest.

On that flip side, the smallest ships we have been on are Pacific Eden/Aria, which were quite comfortable, but also inexpensive.

That is OK.  I'll peruse the schedule of ships.

I've cruised on Azamara of those small ships.  I loved that SEAsia cruise as we were able to cruise up river.  I'd love to cruise on Viking in Australia.  I think Viking is cruising north via Cairns 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is OK.  I'll peruse the schedule of ships.

I've cruised on Azamara of those small ships.  I loved that SEAsia cruise as we were able to cruise up river.  I'd love to cruise on Viking in Australia.  I think Viking is cruising north via Cairns 

Viking is cruising from Cairns on 26/10,  via Bali, and Singapore to Bangkok.  .

19 hours ago, arxcards said:

Thinking through, we have been on a couple of smaller ships, but they were our big ships back then.

Tricked again by time zones, Luminosa's schedule was in UTC, so she is currently on-time for her arrival into Singapore in the next hour or so.

1018678190_download(42).thumb.png.4b36cc179d8dd05e6ebd8c757da12815.png

Given that all ships to arrive so far are staying here year round, the first of the summer fleet arrives in Sydney tomorrow morning.

1049546178_download(41).thumb.png.1bff12d5259f2c11af7677efb8332959.png

We are on ovation right now. Left Papeete last night and heading to NZ. Amazing cruise so far. 

As for the vaccination rules and kids the issue or ceuise faced was that the rules were 12+ double vaxxed. About 3 weeks before the cruise they changed it to 5+ not leaving enough time for families to get their kids double vaxxed in time. Both our kids were already vaxxed so didnt affect us but i know a couple families complained on my wifes fb group. Not sure how many families it affected. 

Anyway. Excited for the coming ports and spending a month in Aus but also dont want this cruise to end!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Thinking through, we have been on a couple of smaller ships, but they were our big ships back then.

Tricked again by time zones, Luminosa's schedule was in UTC, so she is currently on-time for her arrival into Singapore in the next hour or so.

1018678190_download(42).thumb.png.4b36cc179d8dd05e6ebd8c757da12815.png

Given that all ships to arrive so far are staying here year round, the first of the summer fleet arrives in Sydney tomorrow morning.

1049546178_download(41).thumb.png.1bff12d5259f2c11af7677efb8332959.png

When I first cruised overseas for a year, my big ships were Chandras Queen Frederica (1200 passengers) and P&O Chusan (988).  Passengers from UK on both were on world cruises.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikamarii said:

We are on ovation right now. Left Papeete last night and heading to NZ. Amazing cruise so far. 

As for the vaccination rules and kids the issue or ceuise faced was that the rules were 12+ double vaxxed. About 3 weeks before the cruise they changed it to 5+ not leaving enough time for families to get their kids double vaxxed in time. Both our kids were already vaxxed so didnt affect us but i know a couple families complained on my wifes fb group. Not sure how many families it affected. 

Anyway. Excited for the coming ports and spending a month in Aus but also dont want this cruise to end!

Pleased to hear your cruise on Ovation is amazing.  Nice to have a month in Australia to look forward to.