Sea Dog Conducts: Symphony No. 1: Food Fantastique with the UDP “As if Live”

Sea Dog

Sad the review is over (as was the cruise 🤣)!  I thoroughly enjoyed and loved it.  I also love the Beach Club at Coco and have done the over the water cabanas once.  I do have the Beach Club booked for Bella cruise, but would also be interested in going in on the Cabana.  Maybe even the cabanas on the beach.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Just curious about your Playmaker’s dessert - you call it a Campfire Brownie but the Playmaker’s menu lists a Campfire Cookie. Did they make your dessert with a brownie or a cookie?

F629A4AD-BEF8-454E-8CE7-8FE600F84C5E.thumb.jpeg.ada75d087a962931a4fb1d51e3772511.jpeg

Thanks for the great review!

I called it that because it did not taste like a cookie at all. It was more gooey like a brownie. They may call it a cookie but the consistency and taste was more like a brownie. Either way you call it, it was fantastic.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@Sea Dog Thank you for taking us along on this adventure with you.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading you post, especially the review of the various drinks.  Makes me wish our next cruise was sooner than next February.  

I like taking one for the team. My pain is your gain. Hopefully I’ve encouraged people to try something different. It’s easy to get in one’s comfort zone. I know I could be happy just drinking my bourbon on the rocks. I really enjoyed trying some of the cocktails I’ve never had before. Great thing about the DDP, if there’s something you don’t like just ask for something different.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Me too I’m still on a Sea Dog high! Luckily be on Liberty in a couple of weeks.

I like Liberty and have sailed her a couple of times from Galveston, but might be a little disappointed compared to oasis class with larger selections of bars and restaurants, but still a very nice ship. 

• Like 3

@Sea Dog THANK YOU 🙏 for a fabulous review! I’m afraid I’ve been a bit distracted this week, trying to keep up with friends who were far more affected by Ian than our own little corner of Florida has been. Coming here when I’ve been able has truly been the highlight of the past week for me. 

Your pictures and the stories you shared were just what I needed.  🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

As far as the cabanas, isn't there a limit to how many can rent one?

14 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

I do have the Beach Club booked for Bella cruise, but would also be interested in going in on the Cabana.  Maybe even the cabanas on the beach.  🤷‍♀️

According to the overview info, the cabana limit is 8 people. At the normal price ($1899.00), that would be $237.50 PP. That's a little to rich for my blood.

At this point, I'd rather book the Beach Club. If they ever put the cabanas on sale to the area of the Beach Club price, then it would be something that I would consider.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What a wonderful review of a fabulous cruise.

Thanks...look forward to meeting you next March!

And me as well. It is going to be fun.

9 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

According to the overview info, the cabana limit is 8 people. At the normal price ($1899.00), that would be $237.50 PP. That's a little to rich for my blood.

At this point, I'd rather book the Beach Club. If they ever put the cabanas on sale to the area of the Beach Club price, then it would be something that I would consider.

If that's the case I say lets do the beach club.

• Like 2

@Sea Dog

Greg I have always eagerly awaiting your reviews.

And as always you did an excellent job.

I actually took the time to go back and read it again.

Do you think on the Bella cruise you could take the time to give an in service on some of your video techniques?

Not that I want to steal the show, but need insight.......................I'm Old.

Also, you only gained 12 pounds.

I am sure they are but a  memory by now the way you work out.

Take care

Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Sue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Do you think on the Bella cruise you could take the time to give an in service on some of your video tecniques?

Not that I want to steal the show, but need insight.......................I'm Old.

Also, you only gained 12 pounds.

I am sure they are but a  memory by now the way you work out.

Take care

Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Sue

Thank you Sue, Absolutely I would be happy to help anyone be a better photographer. I'm already losing some of the weight. I'd like to get down to the same weight before our next cruise in a couple of weeks. I may be slightly over. And then it's going to tough to keep it down with the holiday season coming up.

47 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

We lost 5 pounds each by the end of the weekend (after gaining about 10 on the cruise).  🤣

I know I lost 5 pounds right away after coming back. I'm sure a lot of was liquid weight from all the cocktails plus something about all the salt in food and in the air helps retain water. I'm happy you guys had such a great time as I. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If that's the case I say lets do the beach club.

I have to change my way of thinking. When I first made that post, I was basing my numbers on what I just paid for my October cruise which was $177.00 PP.  The price for the Bella cruise at this moment is $224.00 and that's with the so-called 10% pre-cruise saving.  If (and that's a big IF) I'm going to spend that kind of money for the Beach Club, then I'll throw out the extra $13.50 for the cabana. JMHO

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, Sea Dog said:

We hung out in the cool water pool on the second level of the Solarium in front of the bar. You walk down into it. It was very nice and you did not feel hot. Just laying on a daybed or lounger in the Solarium gets too hot.

OMG. It was so hot.  We would dip in the pool, but it was so crowded sometimes you could not even move.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegal40 said:

OMG. It was so hot.  We would dip in the pool, but it was so crowded sometimes you could not even move.  

We went early in the morning before it got too crowded. I would see it in the afternoon and be glad I wasn't in there.

40 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I have to change my way of thinking. When I first made that post, I was basing my numbers on what I just paid for my October cruise which was $177.00 PP.  The price for the Bella cruise at this moment is $224.00 and that's with the so-called 10% pre-cruise saving.  If (and that's a big IF) I'm going to spend that kind of money for the Beach Club, then I'll throw out the extra $13.50 for the cabana. JMHO

Yes it's too high for me now. We paid $177pp on Symphony. I don't think I would get it if it was higher than that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We went early in the morning before it got too crowded. I would see it in the afternoon and be glad I wasn't in there.

Were you there when they called security on the first sea day?  Ladies were getting out of hand and twerking and playing private speakers very loudly. Security was call and shut them down!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Were you there when they called security on the first sea day?  Ladies were getting out of hand and twerking and playing private speakers very loudly. Security was call and shut them down!

This is why we can't have nice things!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1