Caribbean Cruises on MSC, never been refused MDR in shorts! 5 cruises this year...on 3 different ships.

NMsunset

13 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Fair enough. The screencap below about Dress Restrictions is from the website. I added the underlining. While MSC softly suggests what one should wear, they also warn of enforcement should one flout the restrictions. The only thing demonstrated by a string of clean getaways on fautes de vêtements is (if I may coin a phrase) Sartorial Survivor Bias. 

Dress-Restrictions.thumb.png.db14a8cdae11904c1c6546be70e9c440.png
https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/before-you-go/what-to-wear#:~:text=Dress Restrictions&text=Shorts%2C flip flops%2C and tank,Restaurants%2C or MSC Yacht Club.

A couple of us have posted this above but it seems like some on this thread choose to pretend it doesn’t exist. lol 

5 minutes ago, lyannea said:

Can someone point me to any thread on Cruise Critic where clothing in the MDR is discussed

and 

NO ONE asks 

How does a person's clothing affect the food you're eating ?

I need to frame it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

So I start a thread about a guy getting kicked from the MDR for not wearing shorts.  Some fellow, rather than appropriately responding to my thread, starts an entirely new thread, which makes no sense, but for some reason gains traction.

Then I respond to my own thread to provide clarification as to what occurred and they move my comment, which was intended for my own thread, to this guy's thread.

I don't get that.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

So I start a thread about a guy getting kicked from the MDR for not wearing shorts.  

Then I respond to my own thread to provide clarification as to what occurred and they move my comment, which was intended for my own thread, to this guy's thread.

I don't get that.

You mean he got kicked out for wearing shorts! lol

Because if he got kicked out for NOT wearing shorts that would change everything 😬

P.S.

I can see your response on your original thread. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, NMsunset said:

I would never ask to change tables due to another person's wardrobe choice, nationality,

This is absolutely not comparable, but I will ask for table change if tablemates Comes in Baseball caps and shorts for dinner (that's why I don't cruise NCL) or they speak only their own language, and I don't understand it. 

7 hours ago, styles27 said:

You mean he got kicked out for wearing shorts! lol

Because if he got kicked out for NOT wearing shorts that would change everything 😬

P.S.

I can see your response on your original thread. 

Looks like the OP is peeved, he obviously loves attention! 🙄

On 9/29/2022 at 12:01 AM, NMsunset said:

Those Daily Planners only "Suggest" Dress for Evenings

Example from May on Seashore eastern Caribbean 

See below:

If you have Daily Program from any MSC cruise that states requirements on Dress, do share images for us to all learn the Facts.

Maybe the daily planner only "suggest" but we saw people being sent away for wearing shorts when entering the Yacht Club restaurant.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:00 AM, GOLDENBONNY said:

This is absolutely not comparable, but I will ask for table change if tablemates Comes in Baseball caps and shorts for dinner (that's why I don't cruise NCL) or they speak only their own language, and I don't understand it. 

I can understand this as the food definitely tastes different when people aren't dressed properly at your table (note sarcasm).  

1 hour ago, thistimeplease said:

I can understand this as the food definitely tastes different when people aren't dressed properly at your table (note sarcasm).  

It is funny that you say this. Last month while dining in the YC restaurant we had misfortune to miss the culinary excellence of Chef Lisa who left for vacation the same day we boarded. She is returning to the new Seascape YC restaurant. Knowing this and discovering that there was no chef on board to take her place 'planted a seed' in our subconscious. The food became dry and over cooked. Then we were told a new chef was on board just coming out of quarantine and he would be overseeing that nights dinner. The food that evening was fantastic. The following morning we were again told, false alarm, no chef yet on board in the YC. The power of suggestion, ambience, etc all has a distinct affect upon our perceptions. Fortunately we were able to avoid indigestion the rest of the cruise.

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2022 at 12:00 AM, GOLDENBONNY said:

3 hours ago, thistimeplease said:

Did you know that when your tablemates speak a different language, the food takes on the flavor of their language.  That's one of the reasons I live MSC...so many different languages....so many different cuisines based on who's at my table!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Stockjock said:

So I start a thread about a guy getting kicked from the MDR for not wearing shorts.  Some fellow, rather than appropriately responding to my thread, starts an entirely new thread, which makes no sense, but for some reason gains traction.

I don't get that.

You have more replies and views than s/he has so don’t stress. 

You’re WINNING!!😃

8 hours ago, titangas said:

There is a place on all cruises for those who prefer not dress to a certain expectation for meals. It is called the Buffet.

Hi- you do not get to say...MSC gets to say.

MSC has never turned my DW, cruise friends, nor myself away from any venue, on any night in shorts. 

Do I wear cut-off jean shorts no, nor other ragged shorts...it is the Caribbean and I like the comfort of shorts, just as my significant other likes her shorts, skirts, dress, etc on these Caribbean cruises...which are very relaxed and usually warm, humid, sunny in the day. 

Interesting how many commenters/posters want to tell others how they should dress and what languages are acceptable...etc

I say tux or T shirt...it is your cruise to choose...

Sorry, not sorry that MSC is much more accepting than some of the narrow/historic mindsets presented on this forum!

We must do something, Harrumph!

Enjoy your cruise, without trying to control how others choose to enjoy their cruise!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, NMsunset said:

Interesting how many commenters/posters want to tell others how they should dress and what languages are acceptable...etc

I say tux or T shirt...it is your cruise to choose...

Sorry, not sorry that MSC is much more accepting than some of the narrow/historic mindsets presented on this forum!

But when people are rejected for wearing the "wrong" clothes it is done by MSC and not by other passengers!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

But when people are rejected for wearing the "wrong" clothes it is done by MSC and not by other passengers!

Exactly, and MSC allows clean nice shorts in MDR on any night, including formal and gala on Caribbean cruises.

Many on this forum have a bias/interest in trying to maintain a myth to suit their own preferences about what others should wear....

Again myself and most cruisers on MSC do not care what others wear.

Cheers!