Single cruise under $1000?

shipper50

I have only been on 2 cruises in my life and with someone on those. Are there cruises for 1 person for under $1000? I am looking for Alaska 5-13 for 7-10 days since its my birthday. Also a balcony would be great as my first one with Celebrity had a smoker who came out under us and I didn't know what to do. This wont happen again......

I am flexible to the line, but see Hol is popular now I am searching.

Thanks

A quick check shows a 7-day cruise in May in a balcony cabin on the Volendam for $2,698.  I don't know that you're going to find a cruise that meets your criteria for under $1,000.  Alaska cruises pretty much all have a 100% single supplement.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipper50 said:

I have only been on 2 cruises in my life and with someone on those. Are there cruises for 1 person for under $1000? I am looking for Alaska 5-13 for 7-10 days since its my birthday. Also a balcony would be great as my first one with Celebrity had a smoker who came out under us and I didn't know what to do. This wont happen again......

The cheapest I could find was only five nights, first of May for $1098.

Smoking isn't allowed on balconies anymore, right? So not sure why that is a must.

I am flexible to the line, but see Hol is popular now I am searching.

Thanks

I found (by searching a travel site that has the words vacation and go) that you could get a 7-day Alaska cruise for under $1000 in May if you are willing to book an inside room. The cruise lines are HAL, NCL, and Princess. Since the single supplement on all of them is 100%, you could find someone to go with you and not have to pay more. Hope you find what you want.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FeliciaLee said:

The cheapest I could find was only five nights, first of May for $1098.

Smoking isn't allowed on balconies anymore, right? So not sure why that is a must.

I don't think smoking was allowed in 2012 on Celebrity, but the guy below didn't care and ruined our being able to go onto the balcony when ever we wanted. Seeing it was my first I wasn't sure what to do.

14 minutes ago, shipper50 said:

I don't think smoking was allowed in 2012 on Celebrity, but the guy below didn't care and ruined our being able to go onto the balcony when ever we wanted. Seeing it was my first I wasn't sure what to do.

Oh, that makes much more sense! Either way, an early birthday and a 5-night on HAL would be awesome for you. I'd rather have 5-nights on HAL than 7 on some other lines (we have a 5-night next month on N/A and HAL is really awesome with variation cruises, imo).

Not HAL nor Alaska but MSC has a promo right now on Solo Travelers as long as it is booked before May 31, 2023 and sail before May 31, 2023. MSC doesn't sail to Alaska yet but do sailings 2-14 days to Bahamas, Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. Just an example but currently a 10-night sailing on May 5, 2023 (May 13 at sea) aboard the MSC Divina in a "Bella" Balcony is $917.60 for a solo traveler. Ports of call include: MSC's Island overnight, Costa Maya, Isla de Roatan, Belize City,  You can add  additional charges for the experiences and deck level but not necessary as the "Bella" is like a Guarantee Cabin. Most on the MSV CC Forum say they get free upgrades from the "Bella" experience to "Fantastica" experience.

20 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Not HAL nor Alaska but MSC has a promo right now on Solo Travelers as long as it is booked before May 31, 2023 and sail before May 31, 2023. MSC doesn't sail to Alaska yet but do sailings 2-14 days to Bahamas, Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. Just an example but currently a 10-night sailing on May 5, 2023 (May 13 at sea) aboard the MSC Divina in a "Bella" Balcony is $917.60 for a solo traveler. Ports of call include: MSC's Island overnight, Costa Maya, Isla de Roatan, Belize City,  You can add  additional charges for the experiences and deck level but not necessary as the "Bella" is like a Guarantee Cabin. Most on the MSV CC Forum say they get free upgrades from the "Bella" experience to "Fantastica" experience.

Thanks for your help. Was in Costa Rica fishing in 75 as a pup of 24. I had a thought lastnight, since I am an oldgoat of 72 and wondered would I get better rates looking for senior pricing?

Thanks for your service if that was you in the pic.

25 minutes ago, shipper50 said:

Thanks for your help. Was in Costa Rica fishing in 75 as a pup of 24. I had a thought lastnight, since I am an oldgoat of 72 and wondered would I get better rates looking for senior pricing?

Thanks for your service if that was you in the pic.

I have never had any luck, other than trains in Europe, with Senior pricing. I am one year behind you.  ☺️ We have a cruise next September that DSIL is traveling with us as a solo traveler. Her fare is much lower respectively than other cruise lines.

Yes, and thank you for the recognition.

• Like 2

Here is a little levity to brighten up your day. Used a tour company on a national parks tour in 2019 and got a cruise quote from them. Asked for a senior balcony single quote and got one very quickly of $2223 after a OBC of$75 for a VH category suite?😜

On 9/29/2022 at 11:20 AM, shipper50 said:

Here is a little levity to brighten up your day. Used a tour company on a national parks tour in 2019 and got a cruise quote from them. Asked for a senior balcony single quote and got one very quickly of $2223 after a OBC of$75 for a VH category suite?😜

Update, booked a 7 day cruise out of Seattle on the Eurodam in a balcony room 4033 on deck 4 with Have it all Premium package. As they say, cant take it with ya. If anyone has stayed in this room, I would appreciate a reply.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:54 PM, shipper50 said:

Update, booked a 7 day cruise out of Seattle on the Eurodam in a balcony room 4033 on deck 4 with Have it all Premium package. As they say, cant take it with ya. If anyone has stayed in this room, I would appreciate a reply.

Found out that cabin 4033 on deck 4 had a tub-shower combo and cant use tubs due to knee replacement. So my cruise went up $240 for a shower. Me asking if I could get balcony for $1000? How about $3108.😝

So my cruise went up $240 for a shower.

Your cruise went up because you moved to a more expensive area of the ship. Whether your cabin has a tub or shower only has nothing to do with it. It's location that makes the difference. 

• Thanks 1

Better R/T out of Seattle  than Vancouver ;because the air fares are cheaper into Seattle than a international airport like Vancouver   .

Imo better to fly into Anchorage   for a R/T air ticket ,rent a car & see the interior  like Denali  & Fairbanks ie   .more to see   including glaciers  ie  .Stay at the Denali Lake view Inn  ;which is a AAA triple diamond bed & breakfast  .Best ,cleanest & over looking Lake Otto  with a private balcony  .Stayed there   5 days ,Went on tour of Denali ,Got clear pictures of both North & South summits of MT Denali  . Did this in  May & had great weather ,no mosquitos  or  black flies