Favorite food item - Yacht Club

Afever

The YC is open every day for lunch. You can eat in the restaurant or on the open deck. 

To be honest most of the food is well cooked, good quality and flavourful but they really excel at pasta and risotto. The pasta vongole  (clam) is just lovely, had it twice.

The only “I’ll pass” item we had was the caviar crisps in Top Sail. Honestly everything else was very good to excellent - no complaints about the food at all and I am really fussy!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Snacks in the YC lounge. They change several times a day.

Agree.  A nice, varied selection.

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

they really excel at pasta and risotto.

Agree.  Pasta with sauces that I would never have thought to order elsewhere.

Their breads and rolls are varied and all that I tried were very good.  

I found no weakness in the YC Restaurant.  The YC Grill offers made to order items as well as prepared food.  If I have one suggestion, it would be to offer a larger variety of cold cuts and cheeses as well as breads/crackers at the Grill during Breakfast and Lunch hours.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Lobster is my favourite!

Yes, always open for lunch but the best kept secret in warm weather cruises is the top-deck grill for lunch where they cook to order. 😉 

Graham. 

you may not believe this, but on our 4-day, come 7-day Divina cruise to avoid Hurricane Ian we have already had grilled lamb chops at One Bar three times. I normally need to ask when we will have them.

favorite food is a challenge as the supplier can determine the quality of the cooked/served product.  I have not been disappointed on any of my entres on this cruise. The duck tonight was one of the finest I ever had at sea or ashore.  I don’t ascribe it as much to the preparation as much to the obvious quality of the meat supplied. The same for the beef. I won’t be bothering with our Diamond dinner at Butcher’s Cut and stay in YC for all evening meals.

one dig with One Bar. I think they ran out of the thick hamburger patties. They are making the bacon/cheeseburgers with two patties ala Wendy’s.  😀😀

Dennis

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Graham. 

you may not believe this, but on our 4-day, come 7-day Divina cruise to avoid Hurricane Ian we have already had grilled lamb chops at One Bar three times. I normally need to ask when we will have them.

favorite food is a challenge as the supplier can determine the quality of the cooked/served product.  I have not been disappointed on any of my entres on this cruise. The duck tonight was one of the finest I ever had at sea or ashore.  I don’t ascribe it as much to the preparation as much to the obvious quality of the meat supplied. The same for the beef. I won’t be bothering with our Diamond dinner at Butcher’s Cut and stay in YC for all evening meals.

one dig with One Bar. I think they ran out of the thick hamburger patties. They are making the bacon/cheeseburgers with two patties ala Wendy’s.  😀😀

Dennis

Sounds fab....so, you get the additional days free gratis?

5 hours ago, hamrag said:

Sounds fab....so, you get the additional days free gratis?

I'm curious if they will charge you the daily service gratuities for the extra days. Did they say if they would? If not, could you report back after you get your final bill? Thanks!

18 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I'm curious if they will charge you the daily service gratuities for the extra days. Did they say if they would? If not, could you report back after you get your final bill? Thanks!

They definitely will not be charged gratuities for the extra days....Dennis and Joann are most generous, and will look after that side of things! 😉

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 3:20 AM, kelleherdl said:

...You may not believe this, but on our 4-day, come 7-day Divina cruise to avoid Hurricane Ian...

Dennis and Joann, here in the UK although the hurricane is being reported until this morning I had assumed the catastrophic impact was to Gulf Coast mainly. I thought the Port Canarvel delay was an abundance of caution, not realising it headed from Tampa across Orlando and the Space Coast where you are.

Trusting any damage to property or possessions is manageable and that friends and family are all safe.

Best wishes.

Edited by hamrag

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Dennis and Joann, here in the UK although the hurricane is being reported until this morning I had assumed the catastrophic impact was to Gulf Coast mainly. I thought the Port Canarvel delay was an abundance of caution, not realising it headed from Tampa across Orlando and the Space Coast where you are.

Trusting any damage to property or possessions is manageable and that friends and family are all safe.

Best wishes.

Our group in the Yacht Club is all from Florida (Gator Club), some from the Sarasota area, but most from Space Coast. I believe most already have already been to confirm that family and property were spared. My internet at home did not reboot, but my neighbor confirmed we were spared. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Ironically, the last time our area was hit we were on a British Isles Princess cruise. 

• Like 1