Gift Card Offer from HAL

richwmn

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The rules for gift card payments are that any purchase from the website can be made by gift cards perhaps there is an exception for Flight Ease?  

I  have the same question. Can gift card be used to pay for Flight Ease? Thanks.

Please help!   How do I find the area on the website to buy the credit cards?  We are already booked and paid but it would be nice to use as a surprise gift for DF onboard.   I was going to buy from AARP but found out they have stopped doing them.  Many thanks!!

Just now, ottahand7 said:

Please help!   How do I find the area on the website to buy the credit cards?  We are already booked and paid but it would be nice to use as a surprise gift for DF onboard.   I was going to buy from AARP but found out they have stopped doing them.  Many thanks!!

On the first page of the website just below the sale banner and the search cruise button there is a scroll, it is on the far right of that scroll.  I think AARP might be working again. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning. I am already booked myself. I went to the indulgences and clicked on gift cards. Wait a few seconds and you should get a pop up with the offer. 

You can also Google hal gift cards and the pop up shows as well with the offer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Got my gift cards!  For Canadians who buy their cruises in Canadian dollars, we can't pay off cruises, but I get enough to cover my on  board expenses!

In case you weren't aware, If you want to use the cards toward the fare, you can call and have your cruise rebooked into US$ and then you would be able to use the cards (the savings are hard to pass up). We did that on our first booking last year which was initially booked as CAD$.  Since then, we only book in US$ so we can take advantage of the cards.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, Vict0riann said:

i got issue 440, too.  I'm on the line with an agent now.

She says it was refused by my credit card.  What a nuisance.  I'll try again with Pat's card.

I had that problem too - the CC company was flagging it as a fraud charge.  I called the CC company - told them it was a good charge - they updated their system and then I was able to purchase several gift cards without a problem.

Question for those that have used the gift cards when paying your on board account.  If up front I give the folks at the front desk a card for $500 and then don't need all of it what happens to the overage?  Is it credited back to the gift card that was used or something else?

24 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Question for those that have used the gift cards when paying your on board account.  If up front I give the folks at the front desk a card for $500 and then don't need all of it what happens to the overage?  Is it credited back to the gift card that was used or something else?

I used several gift cards at the end of our cruise in early September to pay our on board balance and since I wanted to make sure I paid it off and then some (in case I charged something before we disembarked or something hadn't shown up yet) I put more than what was owed. The credit we then had was refunded to our credit card after the cruise ended. 

1 minute ago, cwd79 said:

I used several gift cards at the end of our cruise in early September to pay our on board balance and since I wanted to make sure I paid it off and then some (in case I charged something before we disembarked or something hadn't shown up yet) I put more than what was owed. The credit we then had was refunded to our credit card after the cruise ended. 

Thanks.

9 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Just an FYI - You don't have to use the entire gift card amount at one time.  On my previous cruise, I had them put $200 from a gift card that had little over $300 on it to cover expenses that I noticed on my account.  I was also using a beverage card and the remaining amount left on that was applied to my account at the end of the cruise.  It's a nice feeling getting of a cruise with a negative balance.  HAL was pretty quick in refunding to the credit card that they had on file for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Euby said:

Just an FYI - You don't have to use the entire gift card amount at one time.  On my previous cruise, I had them put $200 from a gift card that had little over $300 on it to cover expenses that I noticed on my account.  I was also using a beverage card and the remaining amount left on that was applied to my account at the end of the cruise.  It's a nice feeling getting of a cruise with a negative balance.  HAL was pretty quick in refunding to the credit card that they had on file for me.

Thanks for the information.  That is great to know.

Has anyone bought FCD's onboard with the HAL Gift Cards?

(Seems like I recall they charge the credit card that is on your OBC account....so wondering if using the Gift Card is possible when you fill out the form and drop it in the box)

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Has anyone bought FCD's onboard with the HAL Gift Cards?

(Seems like I recall they charge the credit card that is on your OBC account....so wondering if using the Gift Card is possible when you fill out the form and drop it in the box)

You would be best to go down and make sure it goes to your gift card or your gift card notation might be missed.  You should be able to use a gift card as your shop board payment 

Edited by Mary229

22 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

We used gift cards on our last 2 cruises (June and Sept) and on both cruises the balance was refunded to the credit card we had on account (rather than back to the gift card). I thought it odd that would do that the first time but again last week on our cruise it was the same. Our card had about $750  left on it, and we were refunded back to out credit card the unused $350 within a few days of ending the cruise.

I still think it very odd and would not be surprised if they change back to refunding to the gift card rather than credit card at some point. 

27 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

You would be best to go down and make sure it goes to your gift card

Agree with the visit to the onboard cruise consultant to make sure the gift card is good to go for the FCD....

.....is it just me or does it seem that anytime you visit the onboard cruise consultant she is always busy with a 5 star mariner going over every single one of his past cruises with her loudly so we can all hear?  LOL.  Every time I walk by,  the lady is holding court with someone at her desk.  LOL. 

8 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Agree with the visit to the onboard cruise consultant to make sure the gift card is good to go for the FCD....

.....is it just me or does it seem that anytime you visit the onboard cruise consultant she is always busy with a 5 star mariner going over every single one of his past cruises with her loudly so we can all hear?  LOL.  Every time I walk by,  the lady is holding court with someone at her desk.  LOL. 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I now set an appointment usually for opening time. 

• Like 1