Sold out? Still for sale?

jeanlyon

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My cruise R319 on Aurora is nowhere to be seen on the P&O website.  If it's sold out, why don't they leave it on there as "Sold Out".  It is however, still showing availability on Travel Agents websites?  I don't get it.

It is on the website as "sold out". If you go in filters and click sold out cruises it comes up. You might find some TAs have purchased a block of staterooms and still have availability but as far as P&O are concerned it is sold out.

Edited by majortom10

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Idon't see that filter Major?   But still don't understand why it's for sale on TA websites?

Oh correction, now I do, you have to scroll.  Also, can't click on it to see details.  Still for sale by TA though!

Edited by jeanlyon

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

If an enquiry is made to a t/a it may well not be available to them either. It could just be they haven't recently updated their website offerings.  

Are you saying everything you read on the internet isn't true? Gosh....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

My cruise R319 on Aurora is nowhere to be seen on the P&O website.  If it's sold out, why don't they leave it on there as "Sold Out".  It is however, still showing availability on Travel Agents websites?  I don't get it.

A lot of cabins were sold out before they went on general sale, the 19 night cruises on Aurora have always been popular and typically higher priced whereas this one was more reasonably priced. The price went up within the week of general sale and balconies and suites were showing as sold out. I am assuming that some cabins are held back for isolation which could become available depending on covid nearer the cruise. 

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

People book cruises than closer to the date for whatever reason cancel, thus a cruise can be sold out one day and have availability the next.

I won’t go into the details of this specific cruise, but it’s not this one.

I have been following the availability of this cruise on a daily basis for 2 months now, and in summary I would sack those behind making sure the booking area of the site runs properly.
It’s been shocking!