I got upgraded .... again

GOLDENBONNY

It took us 4 tries to get the cabin we had originally booked. They kept "upgrading" us to a mid ship location which was not what we wanted. I finally sent a (nicely worded) note to John Padgett and also to customerrelations@princesscruises.com asking that they please stop upgrading us and let us have the cabin we had originally selected.  I got a phone call in reply. They not only gave a verbal apology but also comped us a Specialty Dining credit for two.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

note to John Padgett and also to customerrelations@princesscruises.com asking that they please stop

Thank you for information. It's absolutely annoying to make all this phone calls now, when its busy everywhere.  Especially when it's a second time, so easy to call and ask customers if we want to upgrade, no mention, we specified we don't.

I'm a travel agent.  When I book a client using Princess' travel agent website, there is a section about auto-upgrades (see below screen shot).  If my client wants a specific stateroom and does NOT want to be moved, all I need to do if fill in the "Do Not Upgrade" radio button.  If you are getting moved without asking, or putting in an upgrade bid, then your travel agent or the Princess rep that made your booking didn't fill in the Auto Upgrade field correctly.  

Auto Upgrade  
Open To Any Upgrade
Only Upgrade to the Next Stateroom Type (ex. Balcony to Minisuite)
Do Not Upgrade
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

I'm a travel agent.  When I book a client using Princess' travel agent website, there is a section about auto-upgrades (see below screen shot).  If my client wants a specific stateroom and does NOT want to be moved, all I need to do if fill in the "Do Not Upgrade" radio button.  If you are getting moved without asking, or putting in an upgrade bid, then your travel agent or the Princess rep that made your booking didn't fill in the Auto Upgrade field correctly.  

Auto Upgrade  
  Open To Any Upgrade
  Do Not Upgrade

And if the client DOES get upgraded, does the TA get notified?

My record did have No Not Upgrade and I did get upgraded and they were NOT notified.  There must be dome kind of glitch…AGAIN.

• Like 1

I was upgraded twice after having the “do not upgrade” put on my account.  We lost the cabins we had - 2 of us side by side - as someone booked 1 of the cabins and we had to move to a more undesirable spot (further forward).  The girl I talked to said the “do not upgrade” was not checked even though twice I was told it was.

7 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

do if fill in the "Do Not Upgrade" radio button.

Ya ,please we did it twice. Agent start laughing now because she did it twice and twice mine and my brothers been changed. We are first time cruisers with Princess so they think we are stupid and will accept cabin near elevator or over promenade deck.

We were upgraded yesterday to an undesired cabin (at aft elevator connecting cabin) for the 3rd time from our desired midship extended balcony. Fortunately I was able to get our original cabin back again. I was told the time before that booking was marked no upgrade before was was upgraded  to same cabin 3 times. I  sure do miss Princess old good customer service and efficiency. I am also still waiting for partial refund  of screwed up booking made in July. They told me to correct their error they had to cancel and rebook and I had to pay deposit again. I received $1260 back to credit card but they still owe me another $400. This is for a Feb 23 cruise. Same one as above 3 upgrades. Is very frustrating. 

12 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

Auto Upgrade  
  Open To Any Upgrade
  Do Not Upgrade

Absolutely not true. My TA always marks my bookings as Do Not Upgrade. He was getting pretty frustrated having to get our cabin back over and over. Princess routinely ignores this "suggestion" - which is all it really is. If they want to move you they move you. Neither my TA nor I was given any notice of the moves. I found out by checking my booking. Then I checked it again 2 days after being moved back to my original cabin and had been moved again. Rinse and repeat. The fourth booking - and after I sent email to Princess - is when it stayed in the right cabin and I got contacted by Princess with an apology.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 6:40 AM, GOLDENBONNY said:

Ya ,please we did it twice. Agent start laughing now because she did it twice and twice mine and my brothers been changed. We are first time cruisers with Princess so they think we are stupid and will accept cabin near elevator or over promenade deck.

On 9/29/2022 at 6:42 AM, GOLDENBONNY said:

Happend to my friends on Princess couple years ago. Big family boked 5 cabins together near each other just to find out in port! that they been upgraded . 

If the cabins are linked all of them would have to be moved and stay next to each other according to my CVP. Kinda makes an upgrade impossible unless they need your room to create a possible covid area

Edited by Ombud

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

If the cabins are linked all of them would have to be moved and stay next to each other according to my CVP. Kinda makes an upgrade impossible unless they need your room to create a possible covid area

Unfortunately, as other people have reported, even adjacent cabins that were linked would just as often get split up as were kept together during these so-called upgrades.