Do I phone Celebrity or TA?

paulajj

I normally book my cruises on Celebrity’s website but I came across a sale on Expedia that I couldn’t pass up. 
Now I’m unsure what I’m supposed to do lol. Do I phone Expedia to make payment, book transfers, upgrade wifi etc? 
It was a good deal but this is kind of a pain in the tush!

Thanks for the info 🙂

43 minutes ago, paulajj said:

I normally book my cruises on Celebrity’s website but I came across a sale on Expedia that I couldn’t pass up. 
Now I’m unsure what I’m supposed to do lol. Do I phone Expedia to make payment, book transfers, upgrade wifi etc? 

Thanks for the info 🙂

TAs often have group blocks.  You need to go through them.  I found some agents with EX to be great and others awful.

• Like 1

You should have a account on celebrity, if not create one.    You sign in .   Hit your name  and  a drop down menu will list  your cruises.   If not put in your booking number.  you should then be able to book anything you want or you could use the app

Final payment is thru the TA.   

You should get a move up email from X.  If not you can do it thru the X site.   Look at the site info.  You will find move up.

if that doesn’t work contact the TA 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Cabin changes, price drops, changing dining from Select to Traditional dining or reverse or any payments have to be done by your agent.  
You can book excursions, purchase specialty dining,  or make reservation for dinner through the Cruise Planner.

should there be any changes to your itinerary it is your TA  who is expected to notify you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulajj said:

Thanks for the info 🙂

Except for changing rooms (upgrades that you ask for go through the TA, the type you bid for goes through Celebrity assuming the TA allows it, there is a big box store TA that does not participate in the bid upgrade process) and payment for the cruise itself everything goes through Celebrity.  If the price drops you have to go through the TA.

This pain in the neck is why I decided to book direct with Celebrity for my next trip.

• Like 1

You could also call Celebrity.  Their best price guarantee may work and they would match their price.   I did this recently but told him I found a better price (about 1,000 less)  on AA.COM and he matched it.   Now whether he had Celebrity Match it or just had his agency do it, I don't know.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You could also call Celebrity.  Their best price guarantee may work and they would match their price.   I did this recently but told him I found a better price (about 1,000 less)  on AA.COM and he matched it.   Now whether he had Celebrity Match it or just had his agency do it, I don't know.

Thanks! Good to know 👍