Which South Pacific Islands (and neighbouring countries) are now open for business?

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ovation departing Sydney on 16 Nov has an overnight at Vila (19/20 Nov) Will Vila be open to Royal by then?

At this stage, no, but Royal is lobbying for a trial date or two prior to the 1st December opening of Vanuatu's ports.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

I was on that too....June 2008?

Rarotonga was beautiful, we hired a car and lapped the island a couple of times.

Called there again in 2010 on the Dawn Princess, couldn't anchor due to the moving sand so we circled the island for a drive by. We would love to go back some day.

I was on the Pacific Dawn in 2009 when Rarotonga Cook Islands was a port of call.

We did a bus tour around the Island.

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

DORA heading for overnight Noumea and Lifou tomorrow 1st Nov .

I keep hearing DORA is here, DORA is there? Can't fined a ship called DORA on the net, other than a Vietnam river ship.

Please educate me, what is DORA, I've probably heard but for the life of me, nothing popping out of the grey cells.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I keep hearing DORA is here, DORA is there? Can't fined a ship called DORA on the net, other than a Vietnam river ship.

Please educate me, what is DORA, I've probably heard but for the life of me, nothing popping out of the grey cells.

DORA THE EXPLORER. Code for Pacific Explorer. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

In addition to above, Dora the Explorer (a kids educational cartoon), is also the godmother of Pacific Explorer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Dora going to be late into Sydney tomorrow . 

http://www.nickalive.net/2017/07/dora-explorer-crowned-godmother-of-p.html?m=1

This morning we were advised by Carnival that Isle of Pines and Mare are closed for the foreseeable future and they cancelled a couple of cruises this year and changed the itineries for next January

Sadly we are doing 2 days in Mystery Island and Lifou instead  I would have preferred a double day in Fiji  but at least it has not been cancelled (for what would be the 6th time)

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

At this stage, no, but Royal is lobbying for a trial date or two prior to the 1st December opening of Vanuatu's ports.

We have Vila on our January Carnival cruise  Hope it stays on

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

This morning we were advised by Carnival that Isle of Pines and Mare are closed for the foreseeable future and they cancelled a couple of cruises this year and changed the itineries for next January

Sadly we are doing 2 days in Mystery Island and Lifou instead  I would have preferred a double day in Fiji  but at least it has not been cancelled (for what would be the 6th time)

You'll love Mystery Island, it's a little island paradise. You can walk all around it, go for a dip or laze on the sand. It's uninhabited but locals come over to play popular music and set up clothing and food stalls. One of my favourite islands 🏝 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jean C said:

You'll love Mystery Island, it's a little island paradise. You can walk all around it, go for a dip or laze on the sand. It's uninhabited but locals come over to play popular music and set up clothing and food stalls. One of my favourite islands 🏝 

I agree about the island but we have been there 12 times already so would have liked more of Fiji Vila for a change

On a different subject  has anyone done the Behind the Scenes tour which they say is on the last sea day of a cruise   I want to know if it is usually in the morning or the afternoon TIA

• Like 1

We got an email from Carnival this morning, advising that Mare and Isle of Pines are not happening.
So our new itinerary is Sea Day, Sea Day, Noumea, Mystery, Lifou, and wait for it, back to Noumea, Sea Day, Sea Day. 

6 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I agree about the island but we have been there 12 times already so would have liked more of Fiji Vila for a change

On a different subject  has anyone done the Behind the Scenes tour which they say is on the last sea day of a cruise   I want to know if it is usually in the morning or the afternoon TIA

Are you asking about Carnival behind the scenes tour?  Pretty sure it was in the morning because I went into a food coma after it and fell asleep for 2hrs in the afternoon which I never ever do.  

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Are you asking about Carnival behind the scenes tour?  Pretty sure it was in the morning because I went into a food coma after it and fell asleep for 2hrs in the afternoon which I never ever do.  

That timing would be great  Do they feed you as well??

15 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Pre-pandemic they did.  I will be on board Carnival before you will. If they offer the tour, I’ll do it because my daughter hasn’t done it and report back.

That would be very helpful  Thanks  Yvonne