Bermuda making change to vaccine and testing

BND

I just saw a post on FB of a screenshot of the Bermuda TA with new rules.  They are dropping vaccine requirements and  testing for vaccinated effective Oct 25.  Which is a bit ironic considering that's just about the time cruising to Bermuda ends for the season.   I'm going to search for it again as it's not at the top of my news feed page anymore.

1 minute ago, BND said:

I just saw a post on FB of a screenshot of the Bermuda TA with new rules.  They are dropping vaccine requirements and  testing for vaccinated effective Oct 25.  Which is a bit ironic considering that's just about the time cruising to Bermuda ends for the season.   I'm going to search for it again as it's not at the top of my news feed page anymore.

We sail on the 16th🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nferr said:

NCL is doing Bermuda cruises out of NYC in Dec, Jan, Feb, and March.

Royal does not.  They go between Apr and Oct.  For a very good reason.  Winter in the Atlantic can be very choppy/stormy and very cold.  Bermuda is not really that warm either.  It can get down into the  50's and highs avg around 70.  But, they have had cold snaps where it's gotten down into the 40's.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BND said:

Royal does not.  They go between Apr and Oct.  For a very good reason.  Winter in the Atlantic can be very choppy/stormy and very cold.  Bermuda is not really that warm either.  It can get down into the  50's and highs avg around 70.  But, they have had cold snaps where it's gotten down into the 40's.

Bermuda is usually in the 60's in winter.  That's a nice break from middle of the winter weather in NY-New England. Atlantic can be cold but you have that first day anytime you cruise out of NY in winter. I do it all the time.  Choppy seas don't bother me at all.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, nferr said:

Bermuda is usually in the 60's in winter.  That's a nice break from middle of the winter weather in NY-New England. Atlantic can be cold but you have that first day anytime you cruise out of NY in winter. I do it all the time.  Choppy seas don't bother me at all.

Ok, but my point was there are reasons RCI doesn't go there in the winter.  Caribbean is much nicer then and much calmer.

Edited by BND

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Time to get rid of their $40 TA requirement😃

Not happening now.  The Gov of Bermuda said it's in their budget until March 2023.  It's for everyone, even Bermuda citizens arriving into the country.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nferr said:

You won't be out on the deck enjoying the pool. It would be great weather in Bermuda if you golf. Not beach weather at all and all the in in season tourist  business's  will be closed.  

3 hours ago, BND said:

Not happening now.  The Gov of Bermuda said it's in their budget until March 2023.  It's for everyone, even Bermuda citizens arriving into the country.  

The TA as it is ends on October 25 but they have not made a decision yet on the fee. The way they have worded the end of the TA it could be surmised that they might continue collecting the fee by some means. 

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The TA as it is ends on October 25 but they have not made a decision yet on the fee. The way they have worded the end of the TA it could be surmised that they might continue collecting the fee by some means. 

Just saw this.  

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220930/ta-form-to-be-phased-out-but-no-decision-on-fee/

Edited by BND

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Who is the sucker?  Sorry bud you don't get any points for quoting an infamous scammer and enslaver. 

Why are you making this so personal...Do you own Bermuda? Do you work for the Government of Bermuda?...I just think that the Bermuda Government is doing this in a way to make some money..

Period end of story.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Why are you making this so personal...Do you own Bermuda? Do you work for the Government of Bermuda?...I just think that the Bermuda Government is doing this in a way to make some money..

Period end of story.

The Bahamas did the same we had to pay for entry for our cruises on the Adventure out of Nassau.