Can We Get a Table of Our Own?

Diane67B

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes 2 months is way too early.  

Table assignments are only made 4-6 days before the cruise.

How do I know?  B2B...  The head waiter will ask you if you would like to keep the same table or move.

• Like 1

To Diane67B - Of course you can get a table on your own. Sounds like for 2.

We always do across many different cruises. Experience taught us.

Why?

To the rest of the conversation...

To get in and out faster to be able to make the shows or other events going on. 

Not getting stuck with a language I do not understand. 

To be able to have a private conversation with spouse. 

And, well what everyone else has said.

But if the ships could just spread those tables farther apart would be nice.

Diane you are going to love the Oasis of the Seas. The ship along with the Allure are our favorite ships out of 40 years of cruising. The Mariner of the Seas is pretty nice too.

Have fun!

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 2:53 AM, sowhat said:

Be careful  when requesting  a table for two next to the window.
This is a our table  on Wonder of the Seas

Point Blur_Sep302022_074734.jpg

They tried that with us once, we refused to sit there, and said we would go elsewhere to eat.  they found an appropriate table right away.  People allow this nonsense which is why they get away with it.  

27 minutes ago, CactusRoot said:

To Diane67B - Of course you can get a table on your own. Sounds like for 2.

We always do across many different cruises. Experience taught us.

Why?

To the rest of the conversation...

To get in and out faster to be able to make the shows or other events going on. 

Not getting stuck with a language I do not understand. 

To be able to have a private conversation with spouse. 

And, well what everyone else has said.

But if the ships could just spread those tables farther apart would be nice.

Diane you are going to love the Oasis of the Seas. The ship along with the Allure are our favorite ships out of 40 years of cruising. The Mariner of the Seas is pretty nice too.

Have fun!

Thank you! I’m very excited!!

4 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Table assignments are only made 4-6 days before the cruise.

How do I know?  B2B...  The head waiter will ask you if you would like to keep the same table or move.

I have gotten table assignments two weeks out by emailing them

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:26 PM, Diane67B said:

Hi there! This is my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I booked over a year ago on Oasis of the Seas for September 2023. I just noticed that my, My Time Dining was booked for the 6:45 to 9:00 pm slot. That is very late for my sister and I so I called and changed it to the traditional dining 5:30 time. My sister and I would prefer to dine alone. The representative said he would request a table for two. What do you think my chances that we will get one? I appreciate any responses. Thank you!

We have never had a problem getting a table for two.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, Belgian fry said:

My husband is French and his English is very limited. There isn't a way of being paired-up with other French-speakers. Being at a large table when you're the only one who doesn't speak the language isn't much fun

That’s one of the few things MSC gets right, they choose your table mates based on language spoken.

• Like 1

We agree, we used to book the large tables and have meet some great people and had interesting talks with them during dinner. Shared live stories and daily activites. Of course you had the occassional negitive couple but not that many and if its really bad you can always do Windjammer or go to one of the resturants. The interaction with other cruise guest can be a really fun time. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 2:26 AM, Diane67B said:

Hi there! This is my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I booked over a year ago on Oasis of the Seas for September 2023. I just noticed that my, My Time Dining was booked for the 6:45 to 9:00 pm slot. That is very late for my sister and I

Just FYI for future reference that doesn’t mean you’ll be eating until 9. It means you can eat anytime between 6.45 and 9. A 6.45 booking would be finished by around 8.

if that’s still too late for you, fine - but just wanted to clarify.

• Like 2

We set sail 10/15 on Symphony and I sent an email on 10/1 to RC (2 weeks out) requesting a table for 2 and this was the response today:

Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department. Your request has been accommodated as requested. You are seated at a table for 2 on deck 3 at 5:30 PM, table 166 (subject to change). We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, pfdaxe358 said:

We set sail 10/15 on Symphony and I sent an email on 10/1 to RC (2 weeks out) requesting a table for 2 and this was the response today:

Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department. Your request has been accommodated as requested. You are seated at a table for 2 on deck 3 at 5:30 PM, table 166 (subject to change). We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Awesome!

1 minute ago, sowhat said:

More tables for two on Wonder 

Point Blur_Oct042022_183719.jpg

It’s because people allow them to get away with it.  If  more people complained and refused to sit there, there would be changes.  I guess having the table so close allows less waitstaff somehow?  

We will never accept something like that.  When we complained the person showing us to the table she only rolled her eyes.  When we refused to sit there, she found us a table that was acceptable.  We didn’t have that problem for the rest of the cruise.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sandy Shores997 said:

It’s because people allow them to get away with it.  If  more people complained and refused to sit there, there would be changes.  I guess having the table so close allows less waitstaff somehow?  

We will never accept something like that.  When we complained the person showing us to the table she only rolled her eyes.  When we refused to sit there, she found us a table that was acceptable.  We didn’t have that problem for the rest of the cruise.  

We did and went to the windjammer 
The  dinning room manager  and  head came  looking  for us  in the windjammer, they offered  us a  complementary  dinner  in  giovanni's.
But the tables are just the same now in the main dinning room

7 hours ago, Sandy Shores997 said:

We're going to take a look when we arrive to see where our table is since they assigned us a number. If we don't like it...we'll ask to switch and even point to the table we would like. :)

• Like 1

Another question.  What about breakfast and lunch in the dining room? Are you able to just go whenever you want or do you need a reservation at a specific dining room? I'm sure we'll eat at the buffet sometimes but it would be nice to go to the dining room as well. Thanks!

Hi Diane,

You can just turn up for breakfast in the dining room - look on the cruise compass app/ daily newsletter for dining room opening times as will be more limited than Windjammer buffet.  Usually there's a buffet in one of the dining rooms (not the madness of the Windjammer) and a la carte breakfast in another dining room

2 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

Hi Diane,

You can just turn up for breakfast in the dining room - look on the cruise compass app/ daily newsletter for dining room opening times as will be more limited than Windjammer buffet.  Usually there's a buffet in one of the dining rooms (not the madness of the Windjammer) and a la carte breakfast in another dining room

That's perfect! Thank you!

On 9/30/2022 at 3:54 AM, matj2000 said:

Why do people always want to sit by themselves?

Because it's my vacation. When I go to dinner in a land-based restaurant, they don't randomly seat me with strangers.

Sure, I get it. Some people like that. I don't. I don't mind eating with others, but I'd rather pick them. I'd rather make the acquaintance of someone on-board and then decide for ourselves that we want to go to dinner sometime, not just randomly get paired.

Also, if I have show plans for immediately after dinner, I want to ensure I'll be able to get there. I've found that when you have random tablemates, things run slower. I don't want the waitstaff to hold off on serving the main course because someone is lingering over their appetizer. Bring it all out so we can eat and get on with our night.

• Like 3