Share price

Bin man

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It doesn't go anywhere near as far as the equivalent would on P&O.

Don’t understand what you are saying. 
£150 with P&O is approx $165 at current exchange rate. 
Brian

20 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

If I buy shares next week, when can I get the OBC ? I have two 14 day cruises for Jan next and Sep next year.

I bought 100 shares lasst month and emailed to claim my OBC the next day.  It took a week for P&O to reply but they had given me my OBC straight away.  

20 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

If I buy shares next week, when can I get the OBC ? I have two 14 day cruises for Jan next and Sep next year.

Just recently I had to wait for 3 months before I could claim the OBC and that was with Princess. Some seemed to get it straightaway and others had to wait 🤷‍♂️ Never had the same issue with P&O though. 
I will buy some more just to bring my average price down and in case they increase the minimum shares required to get the OBC in the future. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

John - you have lost me !

$250 on Princess in 2020 is the same as $250 on Princess today.  

But you never get as much bang for your buck as you do for your pound, because P&O on board prices are so much lower than Cunard or Princess.

By the way I am not defending Carnival for not adjusting the sterling OBC in line with exchange rates, just pointing out that you do need more on the dollar ships because of their outrageous drink and speciality restaurant pricing.

Edited by terrierjohn

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But you never get as much bang for your buck as you do for your pound, because P&O on board prices are so much lower than Cunard or Princess.

By the way I am not defending Carnival for not adjusting the sterling OBC in line with exchange rates, just pointing out that you do need more on the dollar ships because of their outrageous drink and speciality restaurant pricing.

Probably true on Cunard.

At current fx rates, the Princess obc if $250 is about 40% higher than P&O's £160 ($175). I don't find Princess prices to be 40% higher than P&O. 

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

John - you have lost me !

$250 on Princess in 2020 is the same as $250 on Princess today.  

Yes but $250 on Princess or Cunard goes a lot further that £150 does on P & O . They need to level it up 

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Just to put it in simple terms of you purchased £150 worth of alcohol on P&O it would cost $250 for the same amount of alcohol on Cunard & Princess.

No we purchased bottles of gin and Barcardi on the last 2 Princess Cruises and they were a lot cheaper than you can get in the shops in UK. I don’t know what the prices are for bottles on P & O since Covid but certainly before Covid they were equivalent to Princess.

If you are talking about alcohol to drink on board, sorry can’t help you on that as we never buy any. Mainly because of the calories involved. I have a theory that lots of people saying they have put weight on during a cruise , a lot of it is to do with the alcohol consumed and not the food. 

4 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

Anybody else going to grab another load of shares whilst they are down?  Im getting more tomorrow, its worth a punt.

Been thinking about it over the weekend. 

However, interest rates on savings are slowly and gradually increasing.  No sight at the end of the tunnel yet on when Carnival will re-start paying dividends.  

Still a bit of a gamble, will have another think tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

Anybody else going to grab another load of shares whilst they are down?  Im getting more tomorrow, its worth a punt.

We’re thinking about it, just aren’t sure whether to bump up to 150 shares or 200.

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

We’re thinking about it, just aren’t sure whether to bump up to 150 shares or 200.

You would not get any more benefit from doing that unless Carnival reinstate their dividends. i am sticking with the 100 shares as long as i get shareholder bebnefit

• Like 1

The markets are so volatile at the moment and we have just come to the end of a quarter where traders are trying to get the best trading positions. I bought 100 shares about 6 weeks ago at £7.09 and they went up to £8.20 so im not too worried if i lose out because already have £150 obc added to a dec trip and will get £150 for the April trip as well. One thing i have noticed is some of the cruises are now 13 days so you only get £60 obc for that!. 

I think the main worry is total wipeout (remember Northern Rock grrrrr)

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

No we purchased bottles of gin and Barcardi on the last 2 Princess Cruises and they were a lot cheaper than you can get in the shops in UK. I don’t know what the prices are for bottles on P & O since Covid but certainly before Covid they were equivalent to Princess.

If you are talking about alcohol to drink on board, sorry can’t help you on that as we never buy any. Mainly because of the calories involved. I have a theory that lots of people saying they have put weight on during a cruise , a lot of it is to do with the alcohol consumed and not the food. 

I was talking about purchasing drinks from any bar and not by the bottle duty free from the shops. Not many if any at all spend the whole of their shareholder benefit purchasing bottles of alcohol from the duty free shop.

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

Yes but $250 on Princess or Cunard goes a lot further that £150 does on P & O . They need to level it up 

Do you really believe that, with the cost of drinks and speciality meals on the US lines, especially with a 15% gratuity.

Edited by terrierjohn

25 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do you really believe that, with the cost of drinks and speciality meals on the US lines, especially with a 15% gratuity.

Specialty meal on Princess, including gratuity is just under $30, so around £27. How does that compare to P&O  ?

I know it is more,  but subjectively the Princess offering is far better than that on P&O. 

On 9/30/2022 at 8:09 PM, pete14 said:

According to HL, closed about £5.80. ☹️🫣

We just bought 100 shares through HL and they are telling me that we won’t get a share certificate and they will handle the application to the cruise line once we give them all the details of our upcoming cruise. Do you think that sounds right? New to share dealing if you hadn’t guessed!

Edited by sandancer

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

You would not get any more benefit from doing that unless Carnival reinstate their dividends. i am sticking with the 100 shares as long as i get shareholder bebnefit

I know we won’t get any more benefit from having more than 100 but our next cruise isn’t until August and I think I read that it’s June/July that decisions are made/announced about any changes to share holder benefits. If, as some people are guessing on here, the number of shares required for obc increases I would rather have bought them at the current low price. Not really sure what to do at the moment.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We just bought 100 shares through HL and they are telling me that we won’t get a share certificate and they will handle the application to the cruise line once we give them all the details of our upcoming cruise. Do you think that sounds right? New to share dealing if you hadn’t guessed!

Yes no share certificate nowadays and some brokers will advise cruise company of your holding which makes it easier.