Bringing wine onboard

theduck57

2 minutes ago, theduck57 said:

royal says im allowed to bring 2 bottles on board per cabin. do they check check size of the bottles ?

Since you are only allowed to bring them in your carryon, security does check sometimes. They let me bring a magnum once for a New Year's cruise but was told in no uncertain terms it wasn't allowed.

As they say, you only need a corkscrew large enough to get the job done.  Also, your room steward/room service will be able to locate one for you. Pack it or carry it on. I don’t have a foil cutter on mine so I don’t have problems with TSA. 

Who exactly is They? 

Edited by neverbeenhere

Baltimore for example, all but one cruise (out of 11) they made us remove the bottles from our carryon.  Not only do they check size, they make sure it's wine (label).  Some ports don't check as closely, but is it worth losing an entire bottle?  I have at least 5 RCI corkscrews that we have been given with bottles delivered to our cabin.  Stewards can provide both glasses and corkscrews.  Also, you can ask for a glass or two at any bar.

They checked in Tampa. We had 4 wine bottles and had to prove we were on a b2b by pulling up the app in front of them to show that we were booked on the next sailing. Not so much a size thing, but we were under the radar. Silly as we both had the drink package, but port workers don't seem to know.

Edited by coaster

11 minutes ago, coaster said:

They checked in Tampa. We had 4 wine bottles and had to prove we were on a b2b by pulling up the app in front of them to show that we were booked on the next sailing. Not so much a size thing, but we were under the radar. Silly as we both had the drink package, but port workers don't seem to know.

When we are on b2b and bring extra wine we each take 2 bottles and go through separate security lines.  We also carry both SetSail passes just in case they connect us.

• Like 2

Security for the ship does not care about your corkscrew.  Have left them in my carry on bag or purse many times.  They don't even glance at it.  

Airport does care. Though I have one without the knife, they still look at it at the airport, then let me take it after that.  I just try to remember to put it in the checked bag if it is a "fly to" port.