US curling iron usage on Silver Spirit.

boccenana

None.

There are US type 110v outlets in the cabin, as well as European type 240v outlets. You can plug the provided hairdryer in so I am presuming the outlets/circuits will take the current draw of a curling iron.

(Don't quote me on that tho!)

Edited by jollyjones

If you have a normal US style plug 110 volt iron, you just plug it into the US style 110 volt outlet at the desk.  All the US style outlets in the cabin are 110 volt. 
SS isn’t stupid enough to offer an outlet where pax can just plug straight in a US style 110 volt appliance and then supply it with 240 volts. 
Of course, appliances can be plugged into the European style 240 volt outlets but you would need a plug adapter for that. And a dual voltage appliance. But that’s not what you’re talking about. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

I want to thank those that politely took the time to answer.

For the rest,  geez you guys and/or  gals are really touchy. Lighten up will you.

I had a huge issue on the Moon with a butler that freaked out and told me I could not my  US curling iron or charge Waterpick etc. in the US plug in the cabin without a special adapter.

He kept coming in and out with different adapters...drove us nuts for three days. Same thing with some tiny little issues. I don't think he knew what he was talking about and after a few days of him,  we wanted our privacy back.  We had a leak in the bathroom etc. I got badly cut on the metal strip of the bathroom step. We never mentioned it or complained. Maybe I should have but my very sweet DH said let it go.

I am just trying now, some weeks before our cruise to prepare ahead of time to avoid problems that have happened in the past.

My bad!

We love our Silversea and are not picky American complainers.

We have always fallen in love with our butlers. Not this one.

Our cabin steward was a doll and he did way more to be helpful. He didn't like the butler either, but never showed it.

See........now you got me complaining.

During Covid I guess would be the reason for the issues.

All other staff were way above expectations as usual.

All we wanted was to enjoy our holiday cruise and make new Silversea friends. That we easily did.

We will do the same on this one.

.I hope you are all happy now with your inside jokes. 

Looking forward to our first time on the Spirit.

Love........E😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like your butler was out of it.  We have a mix of blowers, curlings irons, chargers, etc., that are 110v, 220v, and a few that are dual voltage so they work with either as long as we have a plug adapter.   That said we have always been able to use our 110v stuff without using any converters or adapters.   

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Sounds like your butler was out of it.  We have a mix of blowers, curlings irons, chargers, etc., that are 110v, 220v, and a few that are dual voltage so they work with either as long as we have a plug adapter.   That said we have always been able to use our 110v stuff without using any converters or adapters.   

Thank you Randy. I will check that off my list. 

Elaine 😎

3 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

The OP has every right to be concerned.   On the Venture our bathroom outlet was unable to handle large wattage devices like curling irons. However there were other outlets in the cabin where it did work.

For sure.  About the only thing the bathroom plug can handle is an electric razor or a rechargeable toothbrush.  You can’t plug a hair dryer or curling iron in that outlet.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

The OP has every right to be concerned.   On the Venture our bathroom outlet was unable to handle large wattage devices like curling irons. However there were other outlets in the cabin where it did work.

Bathroom outlets frequently have a sticker that says shavers only. 

• Thanks 1