Exciting Announcement from NCL: Removal of COVID-19 testing and vaccination requirements!

cruisecrazy82

As someone who believes in vaccines, masks and testing...I'm glad to see this!! I understand how some of you might be upset, but this is a step in the right direction to getting back to normal.  When we went on cruises last year, several excursions were cut short or changed because of all this.  Now we can finally have the full cruise experience and I couldn't be happier. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Is the "full cruise experience" getting sick?  I was on a Carnival cruise 2 weeks ago....supposedly vaxed and tested.  Yet, the next week many people reported testing positive after returning home.

Nope...if people aren't willing to get vaxed, let them stay home.  There's no reason why I "took the risk" of getting vaccinated...and those not willing get the benefits of vaccinations leading to low covid rates.

LOL I got COVID in 2020 because my son brought it home.  I work from home and don't go out much.  I traveled the world in 2021 and didn't even get a cold.  I'm not going to say home because I'm afraid I might get sick.  I'm getting too old to be afraid of living because you never know how many years you have left. 

Edited by CruizinKittie40
  • Like 22

1 minute ago, Karaboudjan said:

Don't think it is just going to be NCL doing this...

I think Canada actually started the trend.  Once they announced they were dropping all requirements, others followed suit.  I'm not understanding why people are getting mad at NCL specifically.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Except for Greece. Hopefully, the pre-testing requirement for Athens will also disappear shortly as we're scheduled to embark on the Jade in November. 🤞🤞

Interesting... Greece dropped the tests for cruise ship passenger on September 24th, 2022. Celebrity doesn´t require a test anymore for cruises having a port in Greece.

steamboats

It's all great news......... until the first time Covid runs rampant thru a ship. Then everyone will be screaming these people should have been tested or vaccinated prior to getting on Lol.

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2

No matter what NCL does regarding vaccination status, testing, masks, social distancing, capacity, etc., there will be some people who will like it and some people who will not like it. There is no protocol that will make everyone happy nor is there a protocol that will guarantee that nobody will get sick. 

It's up to the individual to decide if they want to cruise with NCL or if they don't want to cruise with NCL. 

All that I ask is that NCL gives adequate notice of changes (when possible) and gives booked guests a fair and reasonable option if a guest decides to cancel. 

• Like 14

We both just got our 5th vaccination and really don't care whether other people are vaccinated or not anymore. We got the shots so we could get out and enjoy what's left of our lives. However, we have not had a cold since January 2020 because we have been wearing N95 masks and we will continue to do so when in close quarters, like a theater, with people we don't know. By the time we sail in December we will have had our flu shots also.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kugamuga said:

We both just got our 5th vaccination and really don't care whether other people are vaccinated or not anymore. We got the shots so we could get out and enjoy what's left of our lives. However, we have not had a cold since January 2020 because we have been wearing N95 masks and we will continue to do so when in close quarters, like a theater, with people we don't know. By the time we sail in December we will have had our flu shots also.

It may be unknowable how many ordinary flu infections have been quashed because of all the masking, and hand-washing, and elbow bumping.  

But I bet it’s hella lot.  

• Like 6

My husband and I are double vaxxed and boosted. We cruised on NCL Dawn in August on a less than 1/3 full ship. 3 days after getting home we both got covid. Everyone I know who has been on a cruise within the last 6 months has caught covid. If you go on a cruise be prepared to get covid. This is the new normal now for cruising with an endemic virus in the global population. Vaccines will not prevent anyone from getting covid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

My husband and I are double vaxxed and boosted. We cruised on NCL Dawn in August on a less than 1/3 full ship. 3 days after getting home we both got covid. Everyone I know who has been on a cruise within the last 6 months has caught covid. If you go on a cruise be prepared to get covid. This is the new normal now for cruising with an endemic virus in the global population. Vaccines will not prevent anyone from getting covid.

However, on the flip side, we are both fully vaxed & have been on three cruises so far this year and neither of us has caught covid, actually neither of us has ever had covid.
Our friends who joined us on those cruises, also did not catch covid.

• Like 11

I have to shlog to work and risk covid at work, my kids risk covid at school. might as well risk getting covid doing fun things, too. Vaxxed, boosted, masks, etc. isn't going to prevent anyone from getting it at this point, but people aren't dying from it at even close to the rate as they were before. COVID is here to stay for the long haul, just like the flu. We just have to learn to live with it and move on. I suspect the 5 day isolation period for positive cases will also disappear by the end of next year. They'll just say you can go back once you are fever free for 24 hours like we do for all other viruses. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

We cruised in July and August of this year and did not get Covid!  The stress of waiting for 2-days before cruising hoping for a negative took a lot of excitement away.  Very thankful that we will not have to test for our POA cruise in January!!

• Like 3