Princess Medallion App changes with the latest update

Has anyone else noticed the changes that have appeared in the last 24 hours to the Princess Medallion app?

The app it now called Princess in lieu of Medallion and  we now get a personalised greeting when you check the app eg  Good Morning, Sam. Although I have since read on the main Princess forum that other passengers are being greeted slightly different  Good Morning last name

Also changes with regards to the countdown to when your dream vacation begins. Previously the countdown was when the ship was scheduled to be sailing but my dream vacation will begin at 9am the day we board which will be interesting as we're not boarding until 12noon and we don't sail until 6.45pm..

Cheers 

CRUISING ALONG

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CRUISING ALONG said:

Has anyone else noticed the changes that have appeared in the last 24 hours to the Princess Medallion app?

The app it now called Princess in lieu of Medallion and  we now get a personalised greeting when you check the app eg  Good Morning, Sam. Although I have since read on the main Princess forum that other passengers are being greeted slightly different  Good Morning last name

Also changes with regards to the countdown to when your dream vacation begins. Previously the countdown was when the ship was scheduled to be sailing but my dream vacation will begin at 9am the day we board which will be interesting as we're not boarding until 12noon and we don't sail until 6.45pm..

Cheers 

CRUISING ALONG

I saw that this morning. I wondered if it was cos we’re sailing in 7 days? All our info is correct etc. & we’re still green lane.

I think this is mostly cosmetic, but will have a bit of a play, as I will have to make sure for boarding on Saturday. Mine greets me with:

Good morning,

First Name Only!

The timer is nice to be there bold, but looks like it is based on a US time zone.

37 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

Is that an update for iPhone as I'm not seeing an available Android update in the Play Store?

It isn't an app update.

Just the format of the page being loaded from the Princess server is different, and the name of the app has changed.

35 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

Being old and gray and very new to these mobiles.

I have not a clue how to upload a security picture of myself to the  Princess app.

Can anyone help in very simplistic language.

Thank you

There was a rather lengthy medallion thread that covered all sorts of that ground. Glad the tube has caught up and you have it sorted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

I have not a clue how to upload a security picture of myself to the  Princess app.

Thank you

Don't worry about it. They'll take one when you embark.

• Like 1

Mine also says "Good Morning First Name Only"

It has fixed a glitch I had re Arrival Time screen, so that's a positive. 

The countdown of days to cruise now only shows the days to your next cruise, and no longer changes when you select a different future cruise.

My Samsung is resisting change. I've signed in and out several times, restarted, force stopped the app and nothing. I'm hesitant to uninstall and reinstall as I'm cruising on Saturday and I don't want to mess it up. Maybe it will play nice overnight.

10 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

My Samsung is resisting change. I've signed in and out several times, restarted, force stopped the app and nothing. I'm hesitant to uninstall and reinstall as I'm cruising on Saturday and I don't want to mess it up. Maybe it will play nice overnight.

Me too.  Not sailing Saturday but in 3 weeks.  Samsung also and I do not want to tempt fate.

20 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

It will be fine either way.

Nothing much changes with your key info, just the layout has changed a bit.

Uninstall/re-install hasn't seemed to resolve anything in the past.

2 hours ago, ekka49 said:

Thank you

My DW is Queen of the Luddites but courageously decided to order a special iced coffee on the cabin Medallion program on the Majestic 2 days ago.  First I knew was when 3 of them were delivered to our cabin.  3 were billed on our folio account at over $6 each plus 18% tips.  After a discussion with room service 1 was credited.  Technology is becoming a form of elder abuse for a lot of boomers and the great generation.

1 hour ago, timtam2 said:

My android usually just spins around and around with 'autologging'.  One in ten times it will work and let me enter. I'm cruising next week and hopefully it works fine like previous cruise. If not I'll visit the medallion help desk onboard.

Apple definitely did an update (3 days ago) but I have found accessing the second of my upcoming cruises is a bit of a pain - before it was just select the date but now can only see it if I go to profile then click on the Personal Info. And when I log out and in again to access it I can't get into my next cruise - not particularly user-friendly. 

Edited by Aussieflyer

Hi,

In November my husband and I are going on first cruise since 2019. I have entered details, photos etc into the app on my phone for both of us (he gets too frustrated with tech and I do all the arrangements for our trips). We are green lane status and I have boarding pass QR code showing in the app. Will he be able to board using the same QR as me (ie using my phone only), or will I also need to get the app logged in on his phone too? Thanks