Miami Hotel Options

barriechris

9 minutes ago, barriechris said:

Looking for some hotel options for Miami :

- affordable price

- decent area

- possible port shuttle 

Haven’t sailed out of Miami and having issues finding price and shuttle.  Thanks for any options. 

Dates? Regarding port transfers, you're better off just taking a taxi or Uber/Lyft. No waiting around for a shuttle schedule and it's your own private ride. Just did a Lyft from downtown Miami to cruiseport and it was $12 before tips a week ago. 

Screenshot_20221003-222501.png

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Dates? Regarding port transfers, you're better off just taking a taxi or Uber/Lyft. No waiting around for a shuttle schedule and it's your own private ride. Just did a Lyft from downtown Miami to cruiseport and it was $12 before tips a week ago. 

Screenshot_20221003-222501.png

Feb 25

54 minutes ago, barriechris said:

Looking for some hotel options for Miami :

- affordable price

- decent area

- possible port shuttle 

Haven’t sailed out of Miami and having issues finding price and shuttle.  Thanks for any options. 

Dont know what your idea of affordable is. Hotels out by MIA are a little less pricy than downtown/Miami Beach. Some of these hotels do provide a free shuttle or a nominal fee for the service. If you decide to stay downtown, just catch a cab or Uber  to the port shuttles are non existent.

I booked our pre-cruise hotel through a certain stay-park-cruise website and we're at the Hilton Garden Inn just north of MIA.   Free parking for us, there is a $10/pp shuttle to the pier, and the price wasn't outrageous.  

Last February for my Sunrise cruise the same site produced a Comfort Suites hotel in the same area; oddly enough there were TWO Comfort Suites locations within a quarter-mile, but only the one was offered.  

Not sure what you consider pricey, we usually stay in South Beach. It's a bit more expensive than staying in some of the cheaper spots closer to the port, but we have easy walks to the beach, restaurants and activities. We usually end up spending within $40-$50 of what would have spent for a 'cheap hotel' so it usually works out for us plus we really love the Art Deco hotels.

Kimpton Surfcomber is where we stayed most recently, really fun little hotel and literally right on the beach. Easy walk to some really good restaurants an the Lincoln outdoor mall area.

El Paseo we've stayed at a few times, it's part of Espanola Way which is a street plaza with restaurants and shops right there along with an easy walk to other attractions and the Lincoln outdoor mall. 

Villa Italia Hotel is way down one end of Ocean Drive, really SoFi. It's actually a lovely little hotel, but definitely off the beaten path with a longer walk to the beach than the other two. But again, close to some really good restaurants, especially Italian restaurants. 

In February, we booked the MIA airport Marriott Courtyard. Hotel had a shuttle for airport to hotel. Took Uber the next day to port.

This month I am flying to FLL. Flight is much less than flying to MIA. I will take Uber to Port of MIA. I will stay at a Marriott product near the hotel and utilized airport shuttle to hotel. I always try to use Marriott and then use points for room.

I like the Marriott Biscayne Bay or the Doubletree Grand next door. Great location with shopping/dining arcade between the two hotels. Publix a short walk a block away. I used Uber in Miami, fast and affordable.

• Like 1

We've stayed many times at the Intercontinental Downtown Miami and loved it! Great rooftop pool area, spacious rooms, port views, and walkable to downtown and Bayside Marketplace. 

I've also stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in the Brickell area. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby! 

Both are a very inexpensive Uber/Lyft to the Port of Miami! 

Love the Intercontinental and ability to walk to Bayside complex. 

Also love South Beach. 

Next cruise we are staying at Radisson Red (???) By MIA.  It was under $100 on travel websites. Wanted free parking and close to airport where i could return car day of cruise. 

Will lyft to port. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Oooh, I see your dilemma. Unfortunately your date is outrageously expensive. I'll see what makes sense. 

March 11. I have a even worse problem. Downtown is more than I'm willing to pay. I'm booked for $95 plus taxes near the airport and miami princess has a free airport shuttle. Sold out then a few rooms opened. Now they are asking $200 plus taxes.

I guess I'll call uber but I was thinking I could shuttle back to the airport if there was public transportation to the port. I think there is to downtown, but not the port. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Flight home from FLL at 11:21 so I need to hustle. Hopefully spring break dlesnt totally mess with flights. 

There have been some less expe sive hotels. Radisson red for $136 plus tax. Comfort inn not much over $100. I think it depends when you are going. Spring break or high season going to be high.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

March 11. I have a even worse problem. Downtown is more than I'm willing to pay. I'm booked for $95 plus taxes near the airport and miami princess has a free airport shuttle. Sold out then a few rooms opened. Now they are asking $200 plus taxes.

I guess I'll call uber but I was thinking I could shuttle back to the airport if there was public transportation to the port. I think there is to downtown, but not the port. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Flight home from FLL at 11:21 so I need to hustle. Hopefully spring break dlesnt totally mess with flights. 

There have been some less expe sive hotels. Radisson red for $136 plus tax. Comfort inn not much over $100. I think it depends when you are going. Spring break or high season going to be high.

Radisson Red Miami Airport is $258/nt for the OP's date, $291 all in with taxes. That's crazy. 

31 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:
32 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

We've stayed many times at the Intercontinental Downtown Miami and loved it! Great rooftop pool area, spacious rooms, port views, and walkable to downtown and Bayside Marketplace. 

I've also stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in the Brickell area. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby! 

Both are a very inexpensive Uber/Lyft to the Port of Miami! 

For the Op's date, Intercontinential is $441 and Hampton is $508

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Radisson Red Miami Airport is $258/nt for the OP's date, $291 all in with taxes. That's crazy. 

March 11 is even crazier. We were booking hotels as soon as we could get to them to book. Some sites wait. I booked airfare the day the 2nd leg to fly home came out on American. I dont like love field in dallas, parking costs double so I couldn't do a discount airline. I have one stop going and flying home from ft Lauderdale. Someone else also said they booked ft Lauderdale at half the price to fly into Miami. 

I'm smack dab in the middle of spring break. I was watching hotels and airfare from a month before as dates were released. I'm just worried I'll get bumped and all the other flights are full. A few got downtown hotels under $300 but we all booked really really early. We saw this coming. Its someones wives birthday is how he picked the week. .. I was sure thinking of not going. 

My same airfare of over $500 has gone to as high as $1066 now to a low of $828. I'm sure glad I'm not a couple and paying 2 airfares. It was hard to pull the trigger and pay over $500. But i knew it would probably get worse.

OP feb 25 isnt as busy in miami but still busy. I'd book something at the airport i can cancel. Nothing suggests to me spring break will die down next spring. We have been talking months ago where to book. Now is getting late. Lol i wouldnt wait, but i booked many months go.  

I have been looking for a hotel (19 of us) for February 25th since April and the prices are crazy. Someone somewhere said there was a huge wine festival happening that weekend which has hiked the prices. I have checked every site you can think of and nothing is reasonable. If someone finds a deal, please let us know!

45 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

$400 a night for Feb 25. For a Holiday Inn!

I am there Feb 3 and it is only $250. $250 for the location of being walking distance from everything is 10,000% worth it. Keep checking back. There are also deals when booking right from their website.

43 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

$400 a night for Feb 25. For a Holiday Inn!

Exactly which is my issue lol

Not sure if prices will drop but I highly doubt it so was looking for options which are still relatively close uber to the port but not ridiculously priced - still want running water etc lol.