Coco Cay Beach Club, is it worth it?

2 minutes ago, tanderine said:

Hi all!  We are leaving on October 22 on the Freedom and are tempted to get the Cocoa Beach Club Full Day Pass.  It is cut gently going for $132pp. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

In a word: No

For the steak and lobster lunch only I would say it is worth $39 and maybe as high as $79.

Outside of that what does Coco Beach Club offer?

1. A beach that that doesn't have a sandy bottom, clear blue water, or anything special compared to the other beaches on the island. In fact, some of the other beaches are definitely better.

2. A small pool - There is a huge one right in the middle of the island

3. The restaurant - this really is good

4. A towel station with some nice fluffy towels that could be located closer to the pool and beach

5. Upsell cabanas

6. A nice sitting area with tables

7. A small bar that is not too special

I've been there twice and would be hard pressed to go back there.

11 minutes ago, tanderine said:

Hi all!  We are leaving on October 22 on the Freedom and are tempted to get the Cocoa Beach Club Full Day Pass.  It is cut gently going for $132pp. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

If you're on Oct 21, I'm in with you. Price just dropped a few $ to $124.99pp. I have it booked just to do it. This will be my 7th time to Coco this year and need a change of scenery. 😃

I'm definitely down to check it out and avoid the weekend party crowd at the Oasis Lagoon.

Not to me but the food there was very good when my generous in-laws got the family an OTW cabana a few months ago.

"Worth it" will always be subjective and relative. Someone spends $80K on the Ultimate Family Suite on Wonder. Clearly it's worth it to them.

I said no b/c I absolutely love the included food so I have no reason to pay that much to have steak and lobster for lunch and I'm perfectly happy lounging by the giant Oasis pool.

I think we paid $120pp last weekend on Freedom. We did it because we sailed kid-free and it was a comped cruise.  Not worth it for us.  It was pretty empty, we were the only ship there, which was nice.  Beach mats were included. It's beautiful and quiet and the food was good but not amazing and not worth $240.  We could have done the same thing at chill beach. Nothing special IMO. 

• Like 2

We’re going during spring break in March with adult kids and our grandchildren.  It’s $223 per person after a 10% discount. Definitely not worth that. We went this past March and it was much cheaper, plus we had onboard credit money to spend. The lobster was amazing!

6 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

Just curious, do they charge "gratuity" for these types of purchases?

No grats. Just taxes. Ended up at $137.48. I'm B2B and had it booked for the 4 day after, but this price is even lower than that of the 4 day cruise so I changed dates/sailings for it.

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You're basically paying $132 for a fancier lunch and a bit nicer beach furniture.

And better service, less crowds and loungers spread out and not on top of others not with you. I paid $160.99 in September on a full Oasis cruise that had a Carnival cruise crowd so yes it’s was worth every penny. Everyone spends and finds value in their money differently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NightOne said:

In a word: No

For the steak and lobster lunch only I would say it is worth $39 and maybe as high as $79.

Outside of that what does Coco Beach Club offer?

1. A beach that that doesn't have a sandy bottom, clear blue water, or anything special compared to the other beaches on the island. In fact, some of the other beaches are definitely better.

2. A small pool - There is a huge one right in the middle of the island

3. The restaurant - this really is good

4. A towel station with some nice fluffy towels that could be located closer to the pool and beach

5. Upsell cabanas

6. A nice sitting area with tables

7. A small bar that is not too special

I've been there twice and would be hard pressed to go back there.

And a tiny 2 stall ladies room that you almost need a train to get to when you rent one of those over the water cabanas!!   What were they thinking when they put those tiny rest rooms in for such a large area?  I would not want to swim in that pool!  😝

• Like 1

It is like buying the Key.  You have one item that is really good - that is the lunch - and everything else you get is free.  So how much do you want to pay for lunch?  

Yes, I did it, but the price was about $49.00 at the time, and I liked it.  But the prices now? no way. 

• Like 1

We like it over the more free beaches.  Less crowded.  Food is good.  (although some of the items in other beach buffets are good too).  Drink service is frequent but not intrusive vs having to walk a bit to a bar.  Restrooms are clean and beat the trailers near the over the water cabanas.  Good shuttle stop especially for returning to the pier.  Also fewer munchkins yelling around.

My sister surprised us for my birthday with one of those over the water cabanas.  I would never have wasted the money.  I was bored within a half hour.   The "sandy bottom" is slimy and full of small barnacles around the one we had.  The food was good, but too much of it, and very slow (we got ours an hour later than promised).  

The worst thing...as I posted...is what the heck with the distance to the bath rooms??!!  And when you get there...they are small with a long line.  Yikes.  OK..so pee in the ocean (which does not help with keeping it clean and clear in that area IMHO)......but what if you have to do something else?   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tanderine said:

Hmm, good points.   I may reconsider

There are plenty of spots to spread out and get away from others on Cococay. In fact some people may want to get away from the people that go to Coco Beach Club LOL