Coco Cay Beach Club, is it worth it?

2 hours ago, island lady said:

And a tiny 2 stall ladies room that you almost need a train to get to when you rent one of those over the water cabanas!!   What were they thinking when they put those tiny rest rooms in for such a large area?  I would not want to swim in that pool!  😝

The restroom is literally about 10 steps from the pool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

My sister surprised us for my birthday with one of those over the water cabanas.  I would never have wasted the money.  I was bored within a half hour.   The "sandy bottom" is slimy and full of small barnacles around the one we had.  The food was good, but too much of it, and very slow (we got ours an hour later than promised).  

The worst thing...as I posted...is what the heck with the distance to the bath rooms??!!  And when you get there...they are small with a long line.  Yikes.  OK..so pee in the ocean (which does not help with keeping it clean and clear in that area IMHO)......but what if you have to do something else?   

You must’ve got unlucky with your potty timing. I never waited for a stall and actually never had anyone in the bathroom at the same time as me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tanderine said:

Hi all!  We are leaving on October 22 on the Freedom and are tempted to get the Cocoa Beach Club Full Day Pass.  It is cut gently going for $132pp. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This was a couple of weeks ago. To help with your decision:

18C52B0E-EFF1-4E9F-BCF6-E154059268C5.jpeg

D1037E15-E354-4334-97CE-6C6154305F91.jpeg

1E4733D6-1124-4E0C-A673-9B0E0DA2991F.jpeg

ADE4C549-6412-483D-94D7-7711385B3849.jpeg

81B65195-AFEC-4455-91CF-DDB16EA259B0.jpeg

3F3F523F-0B62-4702-9A88-B8727C71383F.jpeg

0E77CEC1-D1B0-436A-8148-DBBEDB67A196.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

And a tiny 2 stall ladies room that you almost need a train to get to when you rent one of those over the water cabanas!!   What were they thinking when they put those tiny rest rooms in for such a large area?  I would not want to swim in that pool!  😝

We had an overwater cabana in August in the group on the left looking towards the ocean. Right off the dock was the nicest 6 stall "porta potty" I have ever been in. A trailer with 6 regular toilets in stalls and a 2 sink vanity. It was just steps from the cabanas.

We thought the beach club was so worth it we got back on the ship and booked another cruise with NextCruise just to be able to go back.  I am now anxiously waiting for my cruise planner to populate with Coco Cay so I can book the Beach Club again.

The Oasis pool was definitely free but it was also shoulder to shoulder people with a loud party atmosphere.  While it looked fun it was not our vibe. We preferred the practically empty pool and the serenity of the Beach Club.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

It is like buying the Key.  You have one item that is really good - that is the lunch - and everything else you get is free.  So how much do you want to pay for lunch?  

Yes, I did it, but the price was about $49.00 at the time, and I liked it.  But the prices now? no way. 

I would venture to say that the relaxed vibe is what you pay for and the lunch is a bonus.  I will pay extra for that kind of relaxation.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

It is like buying the Key.  You have one item that is really good - that is the lunch - and everything else you get is free.  So how much do you want to pay for lunch?  

Yes, I did it, but the price was about $49.00 at the time, and I liked it.  But the prices now? no way. 

Doesn't the people that buy the Key still get free internet or has that  changed and has been taken away from that package?

Interesting discussion. We love South Beach and have not found it too crowded. By late afternoon we have often had the place to ourselves (photo below). We don't care about the meal or pool, however. 

Enjoy, whatever you do.

30116530164440.thumb.jpeg.a9b611e8e1daef573dfbb80b0bf13bc8.jpeg

I don't wanna feel im sailing with celebrity demographic

I rather not pay for it and have fun at the pool or at south beach. The food might be nice but I rather have fun outside the club and pay for loster n steak at the MDR if I want eat that.

6 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

That was my point.  One free item (the internet) and the rest are free items that everyone gets.  

The internet is not really free, you are paying for the Internet if you check the internet only price, and everything else is a few $ more. I cancelled my internet package and bought the Key as it was better value.

Is $79 a good price?  Absolutely. 

My take:  We did it at about that price.  Nice facility, good service.  Food was good/ok.  But it was very windy that day.  If you got on a mat, the wind would blow you to the cabanas.  Can't control the weather, but given the risk and only average food, personally not worth it to us.  Might consider it at $79, but just might not.

17 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The restroom is literally about 10 steps from the pool

And the line to get into the tiny restroom?   Worse even when some use the 2-3 stalls for changing clothes.  😖

Edited by island lady

17 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

You must’ve got unlucky with your potty timing. I never waited for a stall and actually never had anyone in the bathroom at the same time as me.

Yes...unlucky especially when my sister was having some distress and then having to wait in line.  All three times we went there...a long line.  And it's a long walk from the OTWC just to get there.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Based on the food pictures that you posted, I'd be going to the Snack Shack.  😄

P.S.  I know there are other food choices available at the Beach Club.

Bucky loves his hot dog at Chill Grill (we don't make them at home)...then on way back to ship right after, grabs an ice cream cone.  😉 

I actually like and prefer the taco bar.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruise_co said:

We had an overwater cabana in August in the group on the left looking towards the ocean. Right off the dock was the nicest 6 stall "porta potty" I have ever been in. A trailer with 6 regular toilets in stalls and a 2 sink vanity. It was just steps from the cabanas.

We thought the beach club was so worth it we got back on the ship and booked another cruise with NextCruise just to be able to go back.  I am now anxiously waiting for my cruise planner to populate with Coco Cay so I can book the Beach Club again.

The Oasis pool was definitely free but it was also shoulder to shoulder people with a loud party atmosphere.  While it looked fun it was not our vibe. We preferred the practically empty pool and the serenity of the Beach Club.  

Great idea.  They do need it...was not there when we went.  Obviously I was not alone with noticing that long walk to the small bathrooms up by the pool.  😉 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruise_co said:

We had a similar experience except my one DD got sea sick on the over-the-water cabana so we booked one of the Beach Club beach cabanas. It was great - same service and close to the pool/bar area. Also, we could easily walk to the Oasis pool if we wanted too. I booked another Beach Club beach Cabana for our upcoming cruise. That way the more "mature" folks can enjoy the Beach Club pool and the younger adults can enjoy the Oasis pool if they want. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Well...anyway...there were no bananas!!  😅

Does that mean no one could find the ketchup then 🤣😂🤣 

in answer to the OP we thought food was very good, and we would do again at the right price. We have seen prices over $200 pp which we will not entertain but closer to $100 we would.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1