Loyalty points

KirkNC

On 10/6/2022 at 9:35 AM, ORV said:

You do have to pay government fees & taxes. This came out of the deposit.  This is about the only time with Oceania that this is broken out separately. 

@ORV  I have my 20th coming up soon and I did what you and Flatbushflyer said about booking it in advance and ask to covert it after 19th cruise.  I see FF said I do get my loyalty OBC but I'm wondering what the government fees and taxes will amount to.  Mine is a 12 day European cruise and if I remember yours was a 14 day European cruise.  Can you or anyone who has had their 20th give me a ballpark amount?

Ask O or your TA and they can get you that number.  Congrats on your 20th. We got ours last year and I think it amounted to about a $13,000 savings. We received a Credit based on our average booked stateroom of an A-2 room and we had booked a PH. Whatever you receive, it is a very welcome loyalty benefit. 
Congratulations, Mauibabes

6 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

@ORV  I have my 20th coming up soon and I did what you and Flatbushflyer said about booking it in advance and ask to covert it after 19th cruise.  I see FF said I do get my loyalty OBC but I'm wondering what the government fees and taxes will amount to.  Mine is a 12 day European cruise and if I remember yours was a 14 day European cruise.  Can you or anyone who has had their 20th give me a ballpark amount?

I can give you an exact amount as I keep an email folder of old invoices going back to 2014 or so. Ours was in July of 2018 and it was $336 per person. What was fun on that cruise, besides Lyn and our TA being on it, was that our trivia team was made up completely of 4 couples that were all on their 20th cruise. We met by random on the first day of trivia, figure the odds on that. Our team name was The Freebies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Ask O or your TA and they can get you that number.  Congrats on your 20th. We got ours last year and I think it amounted to about a $13,000 savings. We received a Credit based on our average booked stateroom of an A-2 room and we had booked a PH. Whatever you receive, it is a very welcome loyalty benefit. 
Congratulations, Mauibabes

That's very interesting.  I didn't think they would allow you to book a higher category than what O says is your average.  My average will be a PH but I don't think I can book a higher category and get the credit for the ph value.

10 hours ago, ORV said:

I can give you an exact amount as I keep an email folder of old invoices going back to 2014 or so. Ours was in July of 2018 and it was $336 per person. What was fun on that cruise, besides Lyn and our TA being on it, was that our trivia team was made up completely of 4 couples that were all on their 20th cruise. We met by random on the first day of trivia, figure the odds on that. Our team name was The Freebies. 

Thank you Orv.  That's too funny about your Trivia team name and how you met.

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

That's very interesting.  I didn't think they would allow you to book a higher category than what O says is your average.  My average will be a PH but I don't think I can book a higher category and get the credit for the ph value.

You can request a higher cabin category (than your norm) and/or a cruise longer than 14 days. Of course, if approved, you would then be responsible for the prorated fare differential (both cabin level and itinerary length). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1