Live from Coral Princess - the Benchwarmer Cruise 8th October

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from arxcards! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

arxcards was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

The current live thread expires when Coral Princess arrives into Sydney tomorrow morning, and there is sure to be a large live thread for the 11th October around Australia cruise. Not wanting anything to go cold over those missing 3 days, I will add some light-hearted posts from aboard.

The cruise has recently been tagged as a booze cruise. Hey, it does have the makings of one with 3 only nights and reasonably priced drink packages built into the plus fares, what could go wrong? It isn't a booze cruise for us, and I suspect most of the other passengers. I hope Carnival Splendor has captured that crowd on their current short cruises. There has been plenty of short Princess offerings over the past few months, with only minor reports of drunken behaviour.

I am mostly packed, and about to head to the Salt Mines for a final shift before rolling out to Circular Quay via NSW's finest trains tomorrow morning. One of the new intercity trains would be great, but they are still in dispute between the govt and the unions. Weather for sailaway is supposed to be as bad as it gets, wet - wet - wet.

I will let you know what we think of the Premiere package, and add plenty of photos. Not sure if we will brave it and find out if the "comedian" has gotten funny. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

I won't tell you exactly what the Future Cruise Sales person said about this cruise but he did allude to the fact that it isn't expected to be the usual Princess demographic. 🤣🤣🤣

Make sure you look after the ship for us in our short absence. 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I won't tell you exactly what the Future Cruise Sales person said about this cruise but he did allude to the fact that it isn't expected to be the usual Princess demographic. 🤣🤣🤣

Make sure you look after the ship for us in our short absence. 😊

I might be part of that demo 😂

It will be a different mix, but like the other short ones, I expect a lot of blue medallions giving Princess a try while waiting for their ship to sail-in. It is unusual for Princess to have closed loop short cruises, and I hope there are plenty that are just sussing them out.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes they can be good for that but, oh no, that might mean more people decide they love Coral Princess so her cruises will sell out even quicker and/or become more expensive 

We can't have that. I will have to look for some scuttlebutt. 

With queues to board Splendor more than 2hrs long, there will be plenty looking to jump ship, but we must defend Coral with the knights of the medallion (and LRAD if necessary) 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have a great trip Geoff and Barb.

Done a few short cruises and yes they are always different, but always fun!!

The worst was a 3 nighter on Celebrity Solstice when it arrived for the first time, full of TA's and youngsters up all night!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Have a great trip Geoff and Barb.

Done a few short cruises and yes they are always different, but always fun!!

The worst was a 3 nighter on Celebrity Solstice when it arrived for the first time, full of TA's and youngsters up all night!! 

We did a 3 nighter on Solstice, and they had an inclusive drink package as a promo. Fair to say, you couldn't get near a bar, and it became a 2 story nightclub, as most bought a drink and walked with it - nowhere to sit. We did a 3 nighter on Coral down from Brisbane in August. It was very good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Is the drink package available for these 3 night cruises? If so there will plenty of party people trying to get their moneys worth.

Yes, the drinks package is available, either in Plus or Premier fares or as a separate purchase.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes they can be good for that but, oh no, that might mean more people decide they love Coral Princess so her cruises will sell out even quicker and/or become more expensive 

I have the cost of my 6 Coral Princess cruises hopefully locked in up until September 2024.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, the drinks package is available, either in Plus or Premier fares or as a separate purchase.

I think you may be wise to be avoiding the 3 nighter tomorrow.

Mr Arxcards...Sir Geoffrey you will have to give us a report on the alcohol intake of your fellow cruisers, lol.

amy-schumer-white-wine-huge-glass.jpg.c285ae2f39c421936a48aa4173840321.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think you may be wise to be avoiding the 3 nighter tomorrow.

Mr Arxcards...Sir Geoffrey you will have to give us a report on the alcohol intake of your fellow cruisers, lol.

amy-schumer-white-wine-huge-glass.jpg.c285ae2f39c421936a48aa4173840321.jpg

That will be difficult to do - looking through the bottom of my glass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

We did a 3 nighter on Solstice, and they had an inclusive drink package as a promo. Fair to say, you couldn't get near a bar, and it became a 2 story nightclub, as most bought a drink and walked with it - nowhere to sit. We did a 3 nighter on Coral down from Brisbane in August. It was very good.

That"s the one we were on, had the package too haha!!

I remember the large group of regular CCers but couldn't remember who was on.

We went with local friends and my sister and BIL were on board too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

That"s the one we were on, had the package too haha!!

I remember the large group of regular CCers but couldn't remember who was on.

We went with local friends and my sister and BIL were on board too.

Would be the one where a group of young lads ejected a life raft? It was an OK break, but that was the most memorable part.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Would be the one where a group of young lads ejected a life raft? It was an OK break, but that was the most memorable part.

Hmmm can't remember that, but I'm thinking Jan 2014??

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

Hmmm can't remember that, but I'm thinking Jan 2014??

Different one I think. I would have to login to Celebrity to be sure of the year, but pretty sure ours was in October.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I have been on a few booze cruises and yes, the demographic has  half the age compared to the longer cruises.

There is only one we swore never to book again, but it is pretty much cut-up on the shore at Alang, so they are all fair game again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Croooze Day. 

Currently under blue skies in Gosford, and looking forward to being in the shadow of the ship in a couple of hours.

Hey I was born in Gosford Hospital. Enjoy your little getaway. 

• Like 1