Going to Cucina Tonight: Recommendations Please!

workfromship

Went to Cucina on the Panorama last week and had an absolute home run of a meal. Honestly, the other courses were so good I almost wish I'd skipped the appetizer to have more room (it was good just not as spectacular as the others). I had:

image.thumb.png.dfed5bef8c91f8b95bd7ab9bbeeb15be.png

Arancini

image.thumb.png.295a601a14baf815f3680371bd2c9f74.png

chicken Parm and side of spaghetti (it doesn't come with spaghetti, you have to order as a side)

image.thumb.png.fbe259b79f68e162421188393229c353.png

Chocolate biscotti dessert (comes with coffee ice cream)

And the buttery garlic bread they bring out at the beginning is sooooooooooo good, I'm kicking myself I didn't get a picture of it! Like I said, if I could do it again, I would either skip the appetizer or maybe get a salad to balance out everything else - and not eat that much for a few hours beforehand. For how inexpensive this place is compared to other specialty dining, it's a steal.

Edited by allinwonderland
  • Like 1

We have gone multiple times. I always get the caprese as my app (I need  veggies!) and it’s good, but DH gets the meatball and when I tried a bite…OMG. It’s GREAT. If you don’t feel guilty eating a meal without veggies, get that…it’s so yummy. I always get the chicken parm, it’s delicious every time. I don’t like pasta, so I get potatoes on the side. 

1 hour ago, allinwonderland said:

Went to Cucina on the Panorama last week and had an absolute home run of a meal. Honestly, the other courses were so good I almost wish I'd skipped the appetizer to have more room (it was good just not as spectacular as the others). I had:

Arancini

chicken Parm and side of spaghetti (it doesn't come with spaghetti, you have to order as a side)

And the buttery garlic bread they bring out at the beginning is sooooooooooo good, I'm kicking myself I didn't get a picture of it! Like I said, if I could do it again, I would either skip the appetizer or maybe get a salad to balance out everything else - and not eat that much for a few hours beforehand. For how inexpensive this place is compared to other specialty dining, it's a steal.

That chicken parm looks great

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

That chicken parm looks great

It is hit or miss depending on the ship.  I had it on Mardi Gras back in April and it was great.  Last week on the Vista it wasn't very good.  It was very, very thin and looked nothing like the picture above.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, workfromship said:

We're looking for a homerun tonight! If you've been to Cucina before and you really liked your selections, please post your ideal lineup for the following:

• Appetizer
  • Entree
  • Side
  • Dessert

So how was it?  What did you order?  Hope it was a Grand Slam! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 12:42 PM, allinwonderland said:

Arancini

Super weird question, but was the chicken parm spicy? The buffalo mozzarella in the menu description is throwing me for a loop.

Pollo Parmigiana Della Cucina
(chicken parmigiana | hand breaded | buffalo mozzarella | sugo rosa)

Went on the Breeze last week and it was the most poorly executed meal I have ever had on a Carnival ship.  The fettucini that was used for the Clam Linguine was a congealed mess.  There was still sand in the clams.  When my husband asked why I didn't say anything, until giving the server back the food uneaten, I asked him if he remembered seeing the server anytime during our dinner.  After the food was delivered she was not to be seen until she cleared the plates away.  My bottle of wine cost more then three meals, although not unexpected because wine is expensive, I was surprised to see an additional tip added (they had a receipt for the food, which you could add a tip, and I didn't, and a receipt for the bottle of wine which had a tip (and it said tip) added and didn't remove) though we poured our own water and our own wine because the server was no where to be seen.  Once the food was returned the chef came out to ask what the problem was, once explained he asked if he could make me something else.  No, I wanted what I ordered and I wanted it prepared correctly and not be eating more pasta after my desert was served 🙂  It may have gone a little way for goodwill to have comped my dinner since none of it got eaten but that didn't happen either.  And remember this is my dinner and no one elses so please don't question how it was handled.  

30 minutes ago, llachance said:

It may have gone a little way for goodwill to have comped my dinner since none of it got eaten but that didn't happen either. 

They DEFINITELY should have done this.  I'm shy and don't like to "ruffle feathers" or "make waves" but I would have taken pictures and gone to guest relations.  

3 hours ago, NanoGirl21 said:

Super weird question, but was the chicken parm spicy? The buffalo mozzarella in the menu description is throwing me for a loop.

There were a couple of red pepper flakes on top - I don't like spicy so I picked them off - but I wouldn't say it was enough to make it "spicy" even if I'd left them on.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:42 PM, allinwonderland said:

Arancini

OMG that chicken parm looks amazing!!!