Live Review B3B Oasis of the Seas 10/9-10/30 Pictures/Food/Random Thoughts Smorgasbord!

52 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Walked off around 7:20AM the longest part was waiting for Uber … 23 minutes to wait for a 5 minute ride !

Now the count down starts… I have about 80 hours left to unpack / repack and get on a flight to Milan to start my journey through Italy 🇮🇹 on NCL GEM… see you guys onboard virtually!

Already got my virtual suitcase packed! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrunare you going to share a link for the NCL Gem review?

I will be following while recovering from knee replacement surgery.

Your review will help keep my mind off the pain!

Wishing you a speedy recovery fellow virtual Benny cruise buddy. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Walked off around 7:20AM the longest part was waiting for Uber … 23 minutes to wait for a 5 minute ride !

Now the count down starts… I have about 80 hours left to unpack / repack and get on a flight to Milan to start my journey through Italy 🇮🇹 on NCL GEM… see you guys onboard virtually!

Looking forward to it. Yes a first world problem for sure but I too have first world problems.  Safe journey and keep posting!

• Thanks 1

I wasn't even trying and I found Waldo! A post you made on a social media site made it into my feed (those algorithms are creepy, I've had it pick up posts made from other people who I have followed on here before).

You did not match the picture of you I had in my head AT ALL.

I figured you were not large because you walk a lot and spend a lot of time at the gym. But I thought you must at least have a large frame.

So wrong and so jealous that you can eat the way you do and be so fit.

Thanks for another great review and I look forward to the next one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:50 PM, perfect match said:

Thank you very much, Benny! I love the itinerary on Grandeur and the idea of sailing out of Tampa. However, I think we’re very spoiled by the Oasis class ship. We’re downsizing a bit for our next cruise - we’re going on Odyssey. 😂 While I do think we could sail on Grandeur and have a good time, I think I’ll take the advice that your friends gave you and that you shared with me and pass on Grandeur. 🙏

I've sailed Grandeur 7 times and would not hesitate sailing on her again.  Fabulous crew and very relaxing.  A classic cruise ship experience.

FYI - I've sailed on Oasis, Quantum, Anthem, Adventure, Voyager, Radiance, Grandeur, Vision, Enchantment, and ships no longer in Royals' fleet.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I've sailed Grandeur 7 times and would not hesitate sailing on her again.  Fabulous crew and very relaxing.  A classic cruise ship experience.

FYI - I've sailed on Oasis, Quantum, Anthem, Adventure, Voyager, Radiance, Grandeur, Vision, Enchantment, and ships no longer in Royals' fleet.

100% agree! We love Grandeur too! 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrunare you going to share a link for the NCL Gem review?

I will be following while recovering from knee replacement surgery.

Your review will help keep my mind off the pain!

Oh my gosh!  I wish you a super speedy recovery and get well soon!  I will certainly post a link here to the NCL board for the next cruise!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I wasn't even trying and I found Waldo! A post you made on a social media site made it into my feed (those algorithms are creepy, I've had it pick up posts made from other people who I have followed on here before).

You did not match the picture of you I had in my head AT ALL.

I figured you were not large because you walk a lot and spend a lot of time at the gym. But I thought you must at least have a large frame.

So wrong and so jealous that you can eat the way you do and be so fit.

Thanks for another great review and I look forward to the next one. 

Creepy algorithm lol… I started posting for a travel planner / site and consult for people looking to book a culturally immersive cruises so I am kind of glad the algorithm is working the way it supposed to I guess 😆 

That is why Waldo is easy to blend and hard to find on a cruise ship 😆 peoples perception!

thanks so much! Venice will be more interesting at the other site with reels / and videos … it’s hard to post that on here because some people can see the video some can’t !

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

One of these days when I have a free moment I might just have to see it for myself 

On 10/9/2022 at 6:34 PM, mac_tlc said:

We had a great time. Our first time in an Owners Suite and it was amazing! Finally got to see Aqua80 again, although it was so packed we only got in once. Standby line was useless. It is the best Aqua show IMHO. 

Only negative was that there were 5800 people. Nothing like May. I am beginning to feel like that’s too many people for me, even though it’s so convenient to go to Bayonne. 

Phoenix was onboard so all was good! 

mac_tlc

When do you make a reservation for the Aqua show? Can you do it before the cruise or only once on board?

On 10/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, BennyBrun said:

MDR

5700 people onboard… MTD was a zoo!  Ques everywhere… I feel like I am boarding the ship at the cruise terminal.  The empty ques picture was taken around 10PM!!!!

0E454C9D-6417-48E8-9CFE-A356799E56A3.jpeg

75F0F115-F067-4813-B0E5-2D3DD421F615.jpeg

D429A182-C429-477D-AB78-C35A4C193D93.jpeg

929D3A01-9CE8-40C3-BC9A-DA835569C999.jpeg

5BF05FAC-D636-48BA-BB25-8FE439A5E2EC.jpeg

5ADCE47D-78D0-4DFE-A0AC-2FF3F22B111A.jpeg

41171924-74D4-4B15-8D4A-F3BF7E0038F2.jpeg

600829F0-3315-467C-8C72-D1C8974A9BA7.jpeg

B90022CF-B6AB-45EA-A7CE-A5D21CA4158D.jpeg

81C1F509-78B5-4576-B1F5-59A341B855B6.jpeg

05A09CB9-B561-4281-8426-978B7DE8C5B1.jpeg

840895F9-3212-4E53-8AB8-1E4215AB6D56.jpeg

0BE63989-151F-4C2E-A235-291492A9165D.jpeg

If you have the early or late dining seating are there still lines to get in?

15 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Thanks Benny been cruising virtually thru your reviews the past several months!

Thank you so much!  I am so glad you can cruise along.  I will be returning to Carnival soon for Celebrations Christmas cruise!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tmt3698 said:

When do you make a reservation for the Aqua show? Can you do it before the cruise or only once on board?

As soon as you board and connect to the Wi-Fi on the ship you can start making aqua show reservations.  Don’t make it for the last day because if there’s ship movement and they cancel it then you won’t be able to see it!

24 minutes ago, tmt3698 said:

If you have the early or late dining seating are there still lines to get in?

Traditional dinning won’t have a line unless you are there before door opening or if you don’t know where your table is!

2 hours ago, tmt3698 said:

Because we were in a suite, we could make one reservation through the concierge before we boarded. Otherwise, it’s when you board. After our first reservation was past, I tried to make another for a later show and the app said only one per show, so I could not reserve another. The standby lines were huge and very very few seats were available for that line, so we were unable to see it twice.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc