testing positive 2 weeks after COVID

Ruthie2

My husband and I have come down with COVID. We are due to sail on October 24th and we need to get testing in Rome before boarding the ship. What happens if we still test positive even though we have no symptoms, and are not infectious and it is 2 1/2 weeks after COVID, Does anyone know Celebrity's policy?

Are you saying you have had and then recovered from covid? And that you are testing positive 2 weeks later?

BTW, if that is a result from a PCR test, that is not really meaning you caught it again...the virus can hang around for up to 90 days and be detected by PCR testing. 

Forgot to add, most cruise lines allow you to board if you have a certificate of recovery from your doctor/health care facility if it is less than 90 days since your recovery. And of course that yo are showing no symptoms...

Don't know if this is still allowed with Celebrity but I imagine it is...

Edited by dlh015

Yo should be good with a Certificate of Recovery...here are the requirements for Italy from the Celebrity site:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

ETA: Note that some ports don't accept the Certificate for excursions/debarking...you will need to check it out...

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1

How long is your cruise and where does it go?  If 7 days you do not need to test prior to boarding a Celebrity cruise in Italy.  No idea where you cruise so ports you visit might require a negative test.

I would be getting a certificate of recovery starting on Monday as who knows the future rules.  Check out the details for a COR on the Celebrity website.

If - to answer your question - a negative test or COR is required and you do not have a COR and are still testing positive you will not be allowed to cruise.

My other question is are you doing antigen tests?   East and simple to do proctored testing.   Less likely to continue to show positive.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

How long is your cruise and where does it go?  If 7 days you do not need to test prior to boarding a Celebrity cruise in Italy.  No idea where you cruise so ports you visit might require a negative test.

I would be getting a certificate of recovery starting on Monday as who knows the future rules.  Check out the details for a COR on the Celebrity website.

If - to answer your question - a negative test or COR is required and you do not have a COR and are still testing positive you will not be allowed to cruise.

My other question is are you doing antigen tests?   East and simple to do proctored testing.   Less likely to continue to show positive.

All good information.  Unfortunately even antigen tests can show positive for some time.  It took me 13 days from symptom start to show a negative test.  Frustrating.  But I agree - definitely should do antigen rather than PCR which can show positive for weeks, or even months.

We both tested positive for 11 days after having covid.   We were tested positive on a B2B so had to use a Certificate of Recovery to assure we could get back to the U.S.   At that time the airlines still required testing.

I used Montique Clinc in UK they accept from anywhere in world and issue certificate within about 2 hours for 35 pounds.  

https://montagueclinic.com/covid-recovery-certificate/

They just need a copy of your proctored  Positive Antigen or PCR test results showing you tested 10 days prior to request, a copy of Passport and payment.    I used mine again on a cruise and celebrity just looked at it like any negative test and said ok.

5 hours ago, Ruthie2 said:

My husband and I have come down with COVID. We are due to sail on October 24th and we need to get testing in Rome before boarding the ship. What happens if we still test positive even though we have no symptoms, and are not infectious and it is 2 1/2 weeks after COVID, Does anyone know Celebrity's policy?

Get a Letter of recovery if you got tested at doctors .We used it to board in Southampton on Silhouette

7 hours ago, Ruthie2 said:

We are in exactly the same situation- just recovered from Covid and sailing on a transatlantic on Oct. 22. If you haven't done so already, get a proctored (preferably PCR) test and print out the results. Assuming the results are positive, go to your doctor or other healthcare professional and get a Certificate of Recovery (the Celebrity website specifies what has to be included in the letter). With those 2  documents you will be able to board and be exempt from testing.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We both tested positive for 11 days after having covid.   We were tested positive on a B2B so had to use a Certificate of Recovery to assure we could get back to the U.S.   At that time the airlines still required testing.

I used Montique Clinc in UK they accept from anywhere in world and issue certificate within about 2 hours for 35 pounds.  

https://montagueclinic.com/covid-recovery-certificate/

They just need a copy of your proctored  Positive Antigen or PCR test results showing you tested 10 days prior to request, a copy of Passport and payment.    I used mine again on a cruise and celebrity just looked at it like any negative test and said ok.

We continued to test positive with the antigen test even though we had recovered. Finally washed our nostrils out with Myers’s rum and low and behold, we tested negative. Not sure if there is a positive correlation or not but we needed a negative test to return home back in a May before the negative test requirement had been lifted. Best use of Myers’s rum to date IMO. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We continued to test positive with the antigen test even though we had recovered. Finally washed our nostrils out with Myers’s rum and low and behold, we tested negative. Not sure if there is a positive correlation or not but we needed a negative test to return home back in a May before the negative test requirement had been lifted. Best use of Myers’s rum to date IMO. 

You have be spewing coffee over my computer screen.  At least if you tested positive you wouldn't care. 

• Haha 2