Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Captain has just made another announcement about the Covid situation - a reality check on the media reports.

Although he didn't give the exact number of cases he did say it was a small number and that the medical staff were in control of the situation. He reiterated the need for people to follow the Covid protocols.

Do you know Julie how many passengers in total are on board? Puts the covid numbers in perspective if you know that.

Were there many staff missing- assumed infected before you entered iso?

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

Do you know Julie how many passengers in total are on board? Puts the covid numbers in perspective if you know that.

Were there many staff missing- assumed infected before you entered iso?

I don't know the exact number of passengers but it's somewhere between 1800 and 1900. I hadn't noticed any missing crew members.

• Like 1

Just now, By The Bay said:

IMHO, If the numbers are not being reported by the ship or WA health, any number would be purely speculative. 🤔

Yes. 

They aren't releasing numbers to passengers. Years ago we were on a cruise that had a Norovirus outbreak and the numbers were reported daily. They don't seem to be doing that with Covid, probably because any number over zero would cause some people to panic! 🤔🙄

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't know the exact number of passengers but it's somewhere between 1800 and 1900. I hadn't noticed any missing crew members.

Well that's good to know that the crew seemed to be going okay when you were out and about last. Are they wearing masks, the crew?

Alerting passengers, and also WA health with the way they have responded, fits the required reporting at 3% of total passengers and crew.. That process stays in place till numbers drop, or escalate to 10%.

3% number would be around 80, so would fit with media speculation of "around 100". Could be as high as 250 and still have the same response from the ship and authorities.

• Like 1

Unfortunately my PCR test today was positive. 😪 So I'm stuck in our cabin for a few more days. Then they'll do another test and hopefully that will be negative.

At the moment I just feel like I've got a very bad head cold - sore throat, stuffy sinuses, the odd sneeze, and an occasional cough. My temperature was normal this morning.

So we'll miss a formal night tonight but at least there is my favourite duck a l'orange on the menu. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Unfortunately my PCR test today was positive. 😪 So I'm stuck in our cabin for a few more days. Then they'll do another test and hopefully that will be negative.

At the moment I just feel like I've got a very bad head cold - sore throat, stuffy sinuses, the odd sneeze, and an occasional cough. My temperature was normal this morning.

So we'll miss a formal night tonight but at least there is my favourite duck a l'orange on the menu. 

Oh dear that is sun a shame   Dinner on your balcony again with wine and the sound of the waves?  Enjoy the Duck.  

I have been having medical appointments and the receptionist takes everyones temperature each time.  

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh dear that is sun a shame   Dinner on your balcony again with wine and the sound of the waves?  Enjoy the Duck.  

I have been having medical appointments and the receptionist takes everyones temperature each time.  

How are the stars from the balcony?  Is it still too light?

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bummer. Sorry to hear, Julie. Hopefully will remain a mild case. Your symptoms sound very similar to what I had in June. For interest have you had COVID before? (don't answer if you would rather not, just interesting in how often people are infected/reinfected).

Hope the Duck is delish and you do not get too stir crazy in the cabin over the next 5 days.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Just now, MMDown Under said:

It's actually a bit too windy to sit out on the balcony tonight so we'll probably have dine inside unless the wind drops.

• Like 1

Just now, Aussieflyer said:

Bummer. Sorry to hear. Hopefully will remain a mild case. For interest have you had COVID before? (don't answer if you would rather not, just interesting in how often people are infected/reinfected).

Hope the Duck is delish and you do not get too stir crazy in the cabin over the next 5 days.

No, I've managed to avoid Covid up to now. 

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, I've managed to avoid Covid up to now. 

I hope you have a very mild case then. You must have been one of the ever diminishing number who haven't (well in your situation, hadn't} had it. I know of a few but many more who have had one dose (no-one I know has come down more than once).

Recover quickly 🥰

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've just been talking to the doctor. Apparently I'm a good candidate for anti-virals so they are sending them up. I have to stop taking my cholesterol meds while I'm on the five day course of anti-virals.

My girlfriend had anti virals and she said they made a difference.  

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've just been talking to the doctor. Apparently I'm a good candidate for anti-virals so they are sending them up. I have to stop taking my cholesterol meds while I'm on the five day course of anti-virals.

Glad to hear you'll get the antivirals. I had them. Also had a codeine cough medicine which helped a lot with the congestion in my chest - recommend that if it's suitable for you and you can get your hands on it. The anti-viral I had was Paxlovid. I hope it helps you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I’m sorry to hear you have the virus, like you I haven’t had it yet.

Friends who have had the anti viral medication said they had a rapid result so fingers crossed 

Have you been happy with your medical care on board?

Where you at the Cruise Critic meeting on the Conflict Islands cruise in September?
Here’s to a speedy recovery for you

Regards Heather 

Just now, MMDown Under said:

My girlfriend had anti virals and she said they made a difference.  

They certainly worked very well when I had shingles a few months ago so I hope the Covid ones work equally as well. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bonne Voyage said:

I’m sorry to hear you have the virus, like you I haven’t had it yet.

Friends who have had the anti viral medication said they had a rapid result so fingers crossed 

Have you been happy with your medical care on board?

Where you at the Cruise Critic meeting on the Conflict Islands cruise in September?
Here’s to a speedy recovery for you

Regards Heather 

Yes, I was Heather. We arrived a bit late,  after trivia. 

The medical care has been very good so far. Even though I tested negative yesterday they still sent up a strip of throat lozenges for my sore throat. Totally unexpected. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh nooooo Julie, I'm so sorry you tested positive. Is Rolf negative? If he is, it's very possible in the next few days he could also test positive like what happened to us. Take care and keep us updated. 

Just now, CDaze71 said:

Oh nooooo Julie, I'm so sorry you tested positive. Is Rolf negative? If he is, it's very possible in the next few days he could also test positive like what happened to us. Take care and keep us updated. 

Yes, Rolf is negative so far but has to do a RAT every day.

• Like 2