Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Just now, Cbtours said:

I counted 10 tables on our half of emerald deck on way back with our soup from international cafe! So presume there has been some spreading since last few days. Theatre has been full masks for past few days and generally seems everyone adhering to mandate.Ā 
not sure If cases have increased since Broome?Ā 

I'm sure there are more cases. It takes 2-4 days for symptoms to develop and you can be infectious prior to that so it will have been spreading through the ship especially with so many people not wearing masks properly. And even those that do are still susceptable in restaurants, and bars when they get over-crowded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm sure there are more cases. It takes 2-4 days for symptoms to develop and you can be infectious prior to that so it will have been spreading through the ship especially with so many people not wearing masks properly. And even those that do are still susceptable in restaurants, and bars when they get over-crowded.

Frank only developed symptoms late yesterday and we personally did our own rats yesterday avo then this morning and both distinctly positive and mine distinctly negative.

we have earliest dining room booking every night on table for two, and usually eat an early lunch in international cafe so basically havenā€™t been in big crowds. Been to a couple of shows but not overly.

• Like 1

Did you say you were missing Busselton? Is that weather? Personal iso or port not allowing!?? I canā€™t find any media stuff

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Frank only developed symptoms late yesterday and we personally did our own rats yesterday avo then this morning and both distinctly positive and mine distinctly negative.

we have earliest dining room booking every night on table for two, and usually eat an early lunch in international cafe so basically havenā€™t been in big crowds. Been to a couple of shows but not overly.

You did the right thing and reported your condition, like Julie did. I can only imagine how many on board who have not reported it, despite feeling ill and are still wandering the ship, spreading the lurgy.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:37 AM, gazpam said:

Hi Folk. Don't have onboard internet, so catching up now. Hubby has tested pos for covid today in Broome. Cold like symptoms at the moment, hopefully doesn't get any worse. Have been very vigilant with our mask wearing, but have been to all shows, and elite lounge daily. Dinner in the dining rooms. Seems to be a lot of coughing going on as you walk around the ship. Wonder if people are are actually getting checked. Well we are cabin bound now for 5 days. I can still go out, but will be doing so very infrequently.Ā 

Hi gazpam, we are the same in that hubby tested positive yesterday and Iā€™m negative. Iā€™m not generally going out either. Frank is still pretty mild (cough generally) but has slept most of today. Itā€™s good being given internet so I can catch up with posts emails etc. take care!Ā 

• Like 3

Thinking of you all - hope your symptoms are mild and you do test negative when it's time. We both had COVID in late June and even in mid July when we were in Singapore we were still very tired - no other lingering symptoms just quite fatigued so hope are all fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Thinking of you all - hope your symptoms are mild and you do test negative when it's time. We both had COVID in late June and even in mid July when we were in Singapore we were still very tired - no other lingering symptoms just quite fatigued so hope are all fine.

My 47 year old daughter who was super fit and active before Covid in January is still suffering fatigue,hope yours doesnā€™t last as long.

Cheers Carole

1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

My 47 year old daughter who was super fit and active before Covid in January is still suffering fatigue,hope yours doesnā€™t last as long.

Cheers Carole

Wow - really feel for her then - we seem to have recovered though funny we do seem a bit more tired than in the past - though put it down to aging (which is probably more to the point).

• Like 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

We'd been very careful too. We had a permanent dinner booking at 8pm on a table for two, lunch in the MDR or Sanctuary, breakfast in the MDR. The weak spot for us we think was the time we spent in the Good Spirits bar after breakfast so Rolf could have his second coffee. We tended to stay there until we headed off for trivia. A couple of times I had people standing directly behind me chatting to their friends.

Ā 

We always wore masks during trivia and on the few occasions we went to the theatre, ad timed our evening predinner cocktails for after the 7:15-30 diners had left.Ā 

Ā 

We've been wearing P2 masks and changing them frequently.

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Did you say you were missing Busselton? Is that weather? Personal iso or port not allowing!?? I canā€™t find any media stuff

We will miss Busselton and Albany due to isolation. As far as I know the ship is still going there, weather permitting.

• Like 2

Just now, NSWP said:

You did the right thing and reported your condition, like Julie did. I can only imagine how many on board who have not reported it, despite feeling ill and are still wandering the ship, spreading the lurgy.

I suspect that is why it has spread so quickly over the past few days. Even before we stopped in Darwin I heard a few people coughing heavily, very chesty sounding coughs, not the "oops, I breathed in a crumb" type.Ā 

Ā 

Then add in the fact that newly infected people would have been shedding before they developed symptoms and if they were people who refused to wear masks properly the virus would spread everywhere very quickly.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'd been very careful too. We had a permanent dinner booking at 8pm on a table for two, lunch in the MDR or Sanctuary, breakfast in the MDR. The weak spot for us we think was the time we spent in the Good Spirits bar after breakfast so Rolf could have his second coffee. We tended to stay there until we headed off for trivia. A couple of times I had people standing directly behind me chatting to their friends.

Ā 

We always wore masks during trivia and on the few occasions we went to the theatre, ad timed our evening predinner cocktails for after the 7:15-30 diners had left.Ā 

Ā 

We've been wearing P2 masks and changing them frequently.

Ohh dear Julie you have been so careful, itā€™s such a virulent virus.

We have friends who have been on the Indian Pacific who have tested positive, they were horrified we went on our cruise in September.

Iā€™m so sorry you are missing the next ports.

Thank you for organising our cruise critic meeting in September.

Having Shingles recently will effect your immune system

Thank you for your updates my husband Chris has become a Cruise Critic fan, in your case ā€œA Cruise Positiveā€ update..

Kind regards HeatherĀ 

• Like 2

Just now, Bonne Voyage said:

Ohh dear Julie you have been so careful, itā€™s such a virulent virus.

We have friends who have been on the Indian Pacific who have tested positive, they were horrified we went on our cruise in September.

Iā€™m so sorry you are missing the next ports.

Thank you for organising our cruise critic meeting in September.

Having Shingles recently will effect your immune system

Thank you for your updates my husband Chris has become a Cruise Critic fan, in your case ā€œA Cruise Positiveā€ update..

Kind regards HeatherĀ 

Thanks, Heather. Good to hear your husband is enjoying Cruise Critic. We have such a lovely group of people on our forum here.

Ā 

My immune system was stuffed up years ago. šŸ¤£

Ā 

I think we were pushing our luck with this cruise. The demographic has been quite different to the earlier cruises. Not unexpected though as it's usually us retired people, with weaker immune systems and (sometimes) bad habits, that can do these longer cruises.

Ā 

At least I managed to wait until antivirals were available before catching Covid. I'm sure they are helping. My symptoms are quite mild and easily manageable. I'm sure my evening cocktail, a caipirinha with lots of fresh lime for vitamin C, is also helping! šŸ¤£

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Heather. Good to hear your husband is enjoying Cruise Critic. We have such a lovely group of people on our forum here.

Ā 

Ā 

I think we were pushing our luck with this cruise. The demographic has been quite different to the earlier cruises. Not unexpected though as it's usually us retired people, with weaker immune systems and (sometimes) bad habits, that can do these longer cruises.

Ā 

At least I managed to wait until antivirals were available before catching Covid. I'm sure they are helping. My symptoms are quite mild and easily manageable. I'm sure my evening cocktail, a caipirinha with lots of fresh lime for vitamin C, is also helping! šŸ¤£

Yes they make such a difference, I will note the name of your cocktail and make sure I have one each nightĀ on our next cruise-medicinal purposes of course .

šŸøšŸ„‚šŸøšŸ„‚

šŸøšŸ„‚šŸøšŸ„‚

• Haha 3

I suspect that is why it has spread so quickly over the past few days. Even before we stopped in Darwin I heard a few people coughing heavily, very chesty sounding coughs, not the "oops, I breathed in a crumb" type.Ā 

Ā 

Then add in the fact that newly infected people would have been shedding before they developed symptoms and if they were people who refused to wear masks properly the virus would spread everywhere very quickly.

We heard a bit of that too! Glad Rolf is ok so far though half of me thinks itā€™d be better to get with with them rather than suddenly test positive near the end of iso

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe Rolfā€™s double espresso wards of any germs whatsoever šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cbtours said:

We heard a bit of that too! Glad Rolf is ok so far though half of me thinks itā€™d be better to get with with them rather than suddenly test positive near the end of iso

Yes, I agree. It will be so frustrating if Rolf tests positive just as I test negative.Ā 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I agree. It will be so frustrating if Rolf tests positive just as I test negative.Ā 

Me too! Do you test every day as well? I know med team said they will test Frank on 1 Nov, his 5th day, but if as you say you can be infectious before any symptoms, does the infectious time last 5 days or as long as you keep testing positive???

1 hour ago, Bonne Voyage said:

Yes they make such a difference, I will note the name of your cocktail and make sure I have one each nightĀ on our next cruise-medicinal purposes of course .

šŸøšŸ„‚šŸøšŸ„‚

šŸøšŸ„‚šŸøšŸ„‚

And the double expresso coffee to keep hubby safe šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Edited by Cbtours
  • Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Me too! Do you test every day as well? I know med team said they will test Frank on 1 Nov, his 5th day, but if as you say you can be infectious before any symptoms, does the infectious time last 5 days or as long as you keep testing positive???

They just said they'd retest me on the 30th. I started to feel a bit better this afternoon but who knows how long I'll test positive for. I've heard of people who test positive for weeks even though they have fully recovered. Covid is a weird beastie! I'm not sure what the Princess protocols are in that case.

• Like 2