Tampa Embarkation for Retreat pax

luvtocook

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I did a search and didn't find it.

Is there a designated line for suite guests in Tampa? What time do they really open the embarkation process?  We are scheduled for 11-11:30.  Depending on traffic, we may arrive a bit earlier.

TIA

They do have designated Suite Checkin.   I don't believe they have a separate security line but I could be wrong on that on.    As a Suite or Zenith guest you can arrive anytime.   I would suspect they start allowing you into the terminal at 10:45 ish but boarding will probably not begin until 11 - 11:15.   Suite guests will be invited to board with the first group.  

There is a special check in desk for suite and other priority guests curb side at the terminal in Tampa.

What happens after that, I have no idea.

Traffic flow at the terminal is provided by sheriff's deputies and they are strict due to the limited curbside space at the terminal.

Our scheduled arrival time was 11:30 Am and we dropped our luggage curbside before parking the car. The deputy that controlled access to the curb did check our documents for scheduled arrival time (we arrived just before 11:30) before letting us proceed.

I love to answer this question because last year in Tampa this was my job to locate suite guests and expedite them through the checkin line. Terminal 6 is VERY SMALL, and it is challenging. Please, just identify yourself to one of the staff wearing the teal polo shirts and they will direct you, depending on your suite level, to the correct place. The doors didn’t open before 11:00. (This is up to the ship) so if you arrive earlier you will still need to wait.

As the Constellation has not arrived in Tampa for “the season”, we don’t know what changes there will be. Remember last season we were still dealing with checking Covid tests and Vax cards before guests entered the terminal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

In Tampa the sheriff was preventing access to the terminal until about 11:15.  They made everyone wait in the parking lot a few hundred feet away.  Yes even suite passengers.

Yes, the deputies did an excellent job of allowing departing guests to have access to the curb for transportation purposes without fighting with the early arriving guests.

I appreciated the fact that arrival times were enforced and embarkation was orderly and well organized,  especially for those of us who had hard copies of all are documents in hand and were allowed to bypass guests fumbling with their cell phones.

There seem to be a connectivity problem with the internet (dead spot?)  and connecting with the ship's internet.