Women drivers!

Margarita Jane

9 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Making a par on the first hole is cheating😆.

Not when you take 2 mulligans on the 1st tee, move the ball away from a tree , and take a gimmee on a 4ft downhill ,sidehill , putt !!!!

It's also not cheating when you meet someone on a cruise and tell them you have a 4 hcp after they tell you they have a 6.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:49 AM, Tulsacoker said:

We had a female pilot (trainee) on a lifeboat tender on our Alaskan port stop...on the tender back she slammed into Quantum pretty hard and and the guy had to take over to dock... just saying 😉 

Just saying What??? So much for none of this is sexist. 

Den

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Just saying What??? So much for none of this is sexist. 

Den

You can say all you want if/when a female captain, tender pilot, does something well, and that’s o.k. Someone else points out something not so well, and that’s sexist? What’s the difference?

5 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

You can say all you want if/when a female captain, tender pilot, does something well, and that’s o.k. Someone else points out something not so well, and that’s sexist? What’s the difference?

If I have to explain it, I’m afraid a sexist wouldn’t understand…..but I’m sure no one here is one. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I’ll give it a go……

First, making sexist or racist post/comment/joke doesnt mean the person who did such Is a sexist/racist, it is an observation about the post or whatever. 

Second, there was No reason to even mention that some ‘woman’ made an error in controlling their craft and that a ‘guy’ had to take over, except to appear they were bothered by someone posting how a woman was doing something different from what they expect, and they had to point out ‘women’ made mistakes and in their post, a ‘man’ fixed it……that to me is a sexist post.

And by the way, being impressed they was a woman at the helm of a small boat 20+ years into the 21Cent is a bet odd too, but what the heck. 

I have 3 very accomplished daughters, a wife with outstanding abilities, and sisters who are a cut above….but I see their accomplishments as what individuals can do, but at the same time well aware of how we have changed since ‘The Good Old Days’.

den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

She did that video before Covid.  But it’s still great.  EM

It’s not clue in text, but I was posting tongue in check.

I’m quite bemused by the surprise of a female tender operator when the cruise industry’s most famous captain is also a woman on Celebrity!