princess health check in without a smart phone ??

Hi All.

Cruising on the 4th November 1st cruise since December 2019....

and wondering now to do this RAT test  info for check in without a smart phone ??

Also does this Medallion thingie come is a plastic pocket so one can clip it a lanyard ?

Also does check-in work pretty much the same as it was without a smart phone

Looking forward very much to go cruising again......  and would have proffered a cruise card... but will be happy with anything to open the door and a buy drinks... that''s about all one needs.... beside going to canapes , and club class dining and amazing suite breakfasts ..

Cheers and thanks Don 

I have no smart phone, so go into the web version from Princess site and put your stuff in there. Would not accept all mine so I was not in green lane.. I just took the paper work like booking confirmation, vaccination certificate from my gov. They asked if my rat was neg, took my photo, gave me the medallion and I was on board in a flash.

I just used the medallion to get on and off ship, open door and buy drinks, just called the waiter over with a wave. Easy.

Edited by NSWP

If you don't have a phone that will allow you to photograph your RAT test, all I can suggest is that you do it with a camera that you will have with you. All digital cameras will allow you to review photos. No-one asked us for the photo of the RAT. I wonder if they only ask people who appear to have symptoms.

The medallion comes in a very small plastic case attached to a lanyard (free).

Check-in is similar to the old days, but faster. We had to show the paper copy of our vaccination certs.

It was quite handy to have the cabin door unlock as we approached, but not a great advantage.

• Like 1

Thanks.....

All I want is get on the ship   and relax   with food and wine and a few G&T's

Oops  I better say say the better half before food and wine...

At home me cook and server of wines...as well as dishwasher stacker

so sort of like Food and Beverage Manger for the residence

Cheers Don with 2nd cup of coffee

14 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks.....

All I want is get on the ship   and relax   with food and wine and a few G&T's

Oops  I better say say the better half before food and wine...

At home me cook and server of wines...as well as dishwasher stacker

so sort of like Food and Beverage Manger for the residence

Cheers Don with 2nd cup of coffee

Bon Voyage, Don.  Nice to be able to say for your cruise NEXT month.  Where are you cruising again?

Don't worry, Don. Because of the short time we had between cruises (three days) we had real problems updating things both in the app and personalizer. I gave up in the end. The lovely check-in staff just went through everything on their device in just a few minutes. The only thing they couldn't do was link Rolf's onboard account to mine - somehow it had unlinked itself. That was easily fixed on onboard with a quick trip to Guest Services.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Thanks Julie @OzKiwiJJ...  this will we our 7th cruise to NZ.. I know one should just chill out....  I think it is a getting older thing.... I just like everything sorted.....

Looking so forward to relaxing for 13 nights... with the biggest thing to decide  what to eat   ( and no kitchen duties )

So only 22 days to go...  it's hard to believe it is finally so close.

Cheers Don    in rainy Melbourne

Just now, getting older slowly said:

Thanks Julie @OzKiwiJJ...  this will we our 7th cruise to NZ.. I know one should just chill out....  I think it is a getting older thing.... I just like everything sorted.....

Looking so forward to relaxing for 13 nights... with the biggest thing to decide  what to eat   ( and no kitchen duties )

So only 22 days to go...  it's hard to believe it is finally so close.

Cheers Don    in rainy Melbourne

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise, Don. Once onboard everything is easy.