Princess Live! television studio ?

janroatan

4 minutes ago, janroatan said:

Anyone been to this venue?

What might be happening there?

I've been to Princess Live on the Regal and Majestic.  They host some trivia here and some groups use it to stage their disembarkations.  I'm pretty sure the Wake Show is filmed there, though I'm equally sure there's no "live studio audience" when they do that.  They do other shows and activities there.  I'm too lazy to look at my newsletters to see which ones.

I hope you get a more thorough answer from others.

It's currently on 3 ships in its original form, Royal, Regal and Magestic. It was changed for newr ships, its a terrible space, uncomfortable seating, red harsh decor. What happens in there is the same idea as Explorers and newer Live venues. They now and then attempt to film it like a TV show, this is embarrassing for the cruise staff and completely pointless. Princess should refit these areas going forward to the acceptable Prince Live 2.0  Why you would change from the perfect venue that was Explorers 

23 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

It's a joke of a venue that replaced Explorers Lounge.   As conceived I think it was supposed to broadcast the show's to your cabin TV live as they happen but that fell by the way side. 

I'm trying to imagine what shows would be broadcast live from there.  Its seating capacity is much too small for a main theater show, and it's a bit snug for a comedy lounge.  Live trivia would be much too boring to broadcast.

4 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm trying to imagine what shows would be broadcast live from there.  Its seating capacity is much too small for a main theater show, and it's a bit snug for a comedy lounge.  Live trivia would be much too boring to broadcast.

Enrichment lectures, Wake Show.  I think the space is too small for port and excursions lectures.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

yes/no game, the marriage one with newlyweds,, old married etc...shows like that were taped & broadcast on the majestic 

I didn't hate the venue but don't spend much time in the explorers lounge 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have stated...seating is VERY uncomfortable.  I've seen trivia and Bingo held in there occasionally.  Also a "culinary demonstration" was held there (I forget which ship).  This was not the one where the head chef and Maitre D" do their little show...this was very talented individuals from the galley (not that the others are not talented! 😄).  They did a very in-depth fruit and melon carving demonstration.

I will never understand why they made Princess Live the uninviting space they did on some ships.  They did it right on the Sky and I think the Discovery too.  If they want it to be a place that they want people to gather to play trivia and the like...AND buy drinks, they are going to have to change the seating on some ships.  I never even went into Princess Live on the Majestic.  Made me sad too because I love trivia and many of the events that were going on in there, but had no desire to BE IN there.  I always wonder sometimes who makes the decisions.  I really think they should run them by me more often 😜

5 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

It's a joke of a venue that replaced Explorers Lounge.   As conceived I think it was supposed to broadcast the show's to your cabin TV live as they happen but that fell by the way side. 

They do use it for some of the game type activities (marriage game for example) which they do record and it can be viewed later on during the cruise from your room.

It is basically used for most of the activities that used to be held in explorers.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

As others have stated...seating is VERY uncomfortable.  I've seen trivia and Bingo held in there occasionally.  Also a "culinary demonstration" was held there (I forget which ship).  This was not the one where the head chef and Maitre D" do their little show...this was very talented individuals from the galley (not that the others are not talented! 😄).  They did a very in-depth fruit and melon carving demonstration.

You are right, on the Majestic, the fruit carving was done in the Live venue.  Amazing talent!

• Like 1