Live: Oct 22 2022 Constellation Mediterranean Passage Transatlantic

mahdnc

7 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I hope you’re starting to feel better. It’s a bummer to have sea sickness.

The pictures of Cafe al Bacio are timely. Are window seats available in the cafe? Have you seen the famous lemon tarts?

Thank you 

There are about four window tables for two at the Cafe al Bacio. They usually are full. 

C4E53504-AC90-4E4A-BB2A-CE905845F53C.thumb.jpeg.5333190836faf5c79ce5f698c9750a37.jpeg

AA4790FE-9C00-4851-A9C4-852EC1B909C3.thumb.jpeg.244f4db2aae18721bef4ab4a751adacd.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We’re had drinks with @wayneg1 (Wayne and Karen) at 5pm last night.  They are a most delightful couple. They are happily retired and do an impressive amount of travelling. It is something for me to aspire to.  

I agree with your assessment of Wayne and Karen totally.  We had the pleasure of their company, along with their equally delightful adult son, on a Disney TA some years ago.  Also, Wayne’s travel tips have been great as well as saving me money.

Loved the dining pics at Le Petit Chef.  We enjoyed it on the two occasions we did it - both times at a discount.

Wishing you a smooth sailing going forward.  I speak as one who would only travel mid ship with a lowish-balcony cabin and who carries lots of travel medication ‘just in case’!

• Like 1

For those keeping score, the Internet connection was lost for 3 hrs last night for me. Something like 8-11p. This is the second time we’ve had an extended outage. 

46C78DD8-6792-4323-A892-8D1D5A4BE15D.jpeg.7469edbd06d3cf5d68b08270979b5885.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

There are about four window tables for two at the Cafe al Bacio. They usually are full. 

A Special thanks for photos of cafe al'Bacio. There just aren't a ton of photos of the Connie since she was re-fabed last year so I really appreciate the time you have taken to show the condition of the ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

Sete Cidades, Ponta Delgada

IMG20221028130104.jpg

A money shot!  If the Constellation were at the end of the rainbow, you could sell it to Celebrity or at least get some free jewelry from their shops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

A Special thanks for photos of cafe al'Bacio. There just aren't a ton of photos of the Connie since she was re-fabed last year so I really appreciate the time you have taken to show the condition of the ship. 

I am still working on reporting on it.  We went to the Celebrity Theater and the condition seemed fine. For me, a place to really evaluate the condition of the ship is by looking at the interior of the elevators because the materials are rarely replaced.  The elevators are in very good shape.  Very very few dents and a scratches.   We have not been to the Sky Lounge yet.

@pcrum

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

A money shot!  If the Constellation were at the end of the rainbow, you could sell it to Celebrity or at least get some free jewelry from their shops.

We walked to that overlook, and it started to rain. Just as I was regretting leaving my hooded windbreaker behind, I noticed the rainbow and cheered up. 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I see those yummy Lemon Tarts top shelf right corner. 

On the Eclipse in Sept the lemon tarts didn’t have that topping…looks like a meringue maybe? They are def delicious even without a topping and I ate more than my share thanks to your recommendation @Jim_Iain😋

• Like 1

Good morning on our first of six straight sea days. 

This is the current view:

E70B4A01-D9FA-477B-A84F-E87F0D6248B0.thumb.jpeg.325e0b9cf16c9f5ba9d6025496f68cd6.jpeg

Our current position on my iPhone:

E1FBB979-F54F-484B-86FE-19476EF43132.thumb.png.23dcfe4be4fd3286b2309cf8c853325b.png

Sea conditions are ok today. There is some pronounced side to side rolling going on but I’m feeling good so far. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 7

Happy to have followed your posts from all your previous stops. As I stated before, we are sailing the same cruise next November. I do have a few questions though:

1) How has the weather been as far as temps? We’re so used to sailing the Caribbean that we only need to take warm weather clothes. 

2) How long did it take for your cruise to be available on the Celebrity app? 

3) How soon before you made airline and hotel reservations? We plan on flying in 4 days before our scheduled departure. 

Thx for your help. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.94f5ad8b5405adbf1ef27ad938c7d8ce.jpeg

There is a 4 hr time difference between Ponta Delgada (GMT +0) and our next port, Nassau (GMT -4).  Although it will take 7 days for us to get to Nassau from Ponta Delgada, the ship's clock is being adjusted quickly--we take the 4 hour time difference, one hour at a time, on the first 4 nights after leaving Ponta Delgada and then no time changes for the next 3 nights.  I presume that this means that the ship's clock may not actually correspond to the correct local time on some of our At Sea days??

So then I also presume that this means that in order to match the ship's clock I need to manually adjust the time on my iPhone and not depend on the phone's ability to automatically update the time based on its internal GPS reading?  If so, this morning the ship's clock was adjusted to GMT -1. 

image.thumb.jpeg.834f975cf8ad8e7ddd799dac2536ba1e.jpeg

On the iPhone, I only know how to manually set the time by choosing a city or location in the time zone that I want to match.  The iPhone does not give you a list of cities in the 24 different time zones to choose from.  I had a hard time figuring out a city that was in the GMT -1 time zone, the current ship's time.  When googling, I finally came across one--Praia, Cape Verde.  So I put Praia into my iPhone and the correct ship's time appeared on my iPhone.

image.thumb.jpeg.0ea43682e29cd524bfa427b823122661.jpeg

When I was standing on my balcony admiring the view this morning, I got into a conversation with another passenger who was two aft balconies away from me.  After exchanging "good morning, nice day" pleasantries, I asked him about his take on adjusting the time on his iPhone to match the ship's time.  He said that it is done automatically by the iPhone for him.  At least today it was. 

So maybe I have been overthinking this?  Can I really just leave my iPhone Date and Time on "Set Automatically"?  Is there an easier way to manually set your iPhone's time without having the world map in your head?  I am sure this discussion has come up on Cruise Critic, but I have not seen it.   Any iPhone/time geeks wish to educate me?  We are about to step out to get lunch.  I would like an answer when I come back (just kidding).

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

So maybe I have been overthinking this?  Can I really just leave my iPhone Date and Time on "Set Automatically"?

Funnily, I have just re set my iPhone to ‘Set automatically’ as our clocks go back tonight to GMT in the UK.

Its one problem I could do without, I’ve had a nightmare with our oven clock. Went eventually to get the instruction booklet out of the cupboard and found it wasn’t there- we had the kitchen refurbished in the summer and it took me ages to remember where I put the booklet( 80 Yr old).

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

So maybe I have been overthinking this?  Can I really just leave my iPhone Date and Time on "Set Automatically"?  Is there an easier way to manually set your iPhone's time without having the world map in your head?  I am sure this discussion has come up on Cruise Critic, but I have not seen it.   Any iPhone/time geeks wish to educate me?  We are about to step out to get lunch.  I would like an answer when I come back (just kidding).

With how fast the cruise ship is making the four hour adjustment, it is unlikely to match the actual time zones (which is what your phone will do if set to automatic) throughout all of these next days.  I always set manually on cruise ships to avoid any confusion but I have yet to do a cruise that goes across the Atlantic where there aren't obvious cities in each time zone.

• Like 1