"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

1 hour ago, Refreshing said:

Hi! Big “ask” here, please, but 100% understand if it’s simply not something do-able!! For the November TA—there are 10 of us hoping to play pickleball. Any chance you might be able to discover how many courts they have, if they have paddles & balls, and if it’s available daily? (Or, if you’re a sleuth-er….an email address for the cruise director and we’ll inquire ourselves?) Totally get it if it’s out of your wheelhouse…we all are just a bit puzzled as to how it works on the ship.😊 Thank you for your consideration:). Gretchen

We do not interact with the CD, but I'll poke around the sports court and see what I can find out.

Btw, posting on CC has been difficult, often having to submit post numerous times.  Just in case there is a delayed response from those of us onboard.

There has been no problem streaming Netflix or Hulu via the TV or any other function via the internet.  Just issues with CC.  🤔

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Refreshing said:

Hi! Big “ask” here, please, but 100% understand if it’s simply not something do-able!! For the November TA—there are 10 of us hoping to play pickleball. Any chance you might be able to discover how many courts they have, if they have paddles & balls, and if it’s available daily? (Or, if you’re a sleuth-er….an email address for the cruise director and we’ll inquire ourselves?) Totally get it if it’s out of your wheelhouse…we all are just a bit puzzled as to how it works on the ship.😊 Thank you for your consideration:). Gretchen

A group of 6 family members who were with us on our first 11 days played pickleball every sea day.

Balls and paddles are supplied. I don't know how many courts there are, but if I venture to that end of the ship I will try to figure it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Refreshing said:

His name is Gary Golding and he has a FB page, maybe try sending him a message on there?

Vickie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We do not interact with the CD, but I'll poke around the sports court and see what I can find out.

Btw, posting on CC has been difficult, often having to submit post numerous times.  Just in case there is a delayed response from those of us onboard.

There has been no problem streaming Netflix or Hulu via the TV or any other function via the internet.  Just issues with CC.  🤔

Are you saying the TV has Netflix and HULU or are you using a casting or fire stick ??

7 hours ago, Refreshing said:

I agree with previous answers.  I saw two in use.  Didn't play myself.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, js1357 said:

Why?  Bad experience with ItalyTours?  They get great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Unless you are careful, you don't have control of the booking and they typically want to put 8 people in a minivan.  If you don't care about space and comfort, then they are probably fine.  We had a great informative driver for the trip north from Livorno... it's a significant drive if you Google Map it.  Our guide had the timing for the ferries down pat and was good also.  At least shop around.

18 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Who are your bartenders and wait staff at Vines.  Our favorite place!

Cheers

Mr G is the main bartender in Vines.  We usually sit at the bar.  The other servers are all very friendly and efficient.  Mr G is very nice and wine knowledgeable. Also very funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

@chrysalis  It would be nice to meet you guys.  Where do you hang out?  

We are usually in Vines, 5 to 7...

Mike and I will definitely be looking for you in Vines....absolutely our favorite place to be pre-dinner.  Thanks for your "live from" I am so enjoying following you!

Jill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Beautiful sunny day today in Athens.  Having been here many times, we opted for our happy place, The Sanctuary.

20221030_090635.jpg

20221030_090631.jpg

20221030_090506.jpg

20221030_090231.jpg

20221030_090936.jpg

20221030_090258.jpg

20221030_090238.jpg

We’re sitting in the Retreat. Have done all the sights but did think about walking around the port area until  we saw that we are docked at the furthest away terminal. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We’re sitting in the Retreat. Have done all the sights but did think about walking around the port area until  we saw that we are docked at the furthest away terminal. 

I just walked thru Retreat pool area to meet you but I realized I don't know what you look like.  🙂   There were only 3 couples there...

7 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I just walked thru Retreat pool area to meet you but I realized I don't know what you look like.  🙂   There were only 3 couples there...

Just got to Alfredo’s for pizza. We were with you on Emerald in Feb but didn’t get to meet up then. For sure want to say hi and ask about Geo Blue and TFLife at the M&G on next cruise if we don’t see you about on this cruise 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 12:30 AM, LACruiser88 said:

Thanks --- looks like someone else answered already!  Two courts and equipment. Thanks for the willingness! 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 12:57 AM, chrysalis said:

A group of 6 family members who were with us on our first 11 days played pickleball every sea day.

Balls and paddles are supplied. I don't know how many courts there are, but if I venture to that end of the ship I will try to figure it out.

@chrysalis Very kind of you to reply!  Thanks so much!! 🙂  (also, one person also noted that they saw 2 courts, so that was interesting too!)  Anyway, kind of you to reply!  Enjoy each day! 🙂