Celebrity Ascent — Great Suite Pricing for 1/21/24

mac_tlc

20 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

I really want to jump on this, but I have a 10 day Ultimate Southern Carib booked for March 2024... Decisions Decisions.. 

I have a 12 night Connie to Mardi Gras booked for February 2024.  But….  The price was too good to pass up!   You should just book it.  You know you want too 😂 

16 hours ago, paulh84 said:

I was also able to book this morning. Now that prices have been corrected I hope Celebrity doesn't cancel these bookings. It wasn't just the Sky Suites. All the way through the Iconic suite went up a significant amount in line with normal prices. 

I am a worry-wart, so I thought about the possibility of X cancelling, too. Should I be concerned that the guest confirmation showing payment of my deposit still shows "offer" rather than "Booking"?

24 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I am a worry-wart, so I thought about the possibility of X cancelling, too. Should I be concerned that the guest confirmation showing payment of my deposit still shows "offer" rather than "Booking"?

No changes that I can see under “manage my reservation”…unless I’m missing something..

45 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The only time I've ever seen RCG pull back bookings was on Royal Caribbean where a few crusies were accidentally priced at pennies on the dollar a few years ago. This was pretty clearly an error but people still paid at least $5k for a Sky Suite and there are still a lot of them available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

No changes that I can see under “manage my reservation”…unless I’m missing something..

Thank you for making me think to look there. I was referring to the Booking Status on the Guest Confirmation that X sent to my TA.  On previous cruises, it changed from "Offer" to "Booked" as soon as we made a deposit, but that is not the case this time. Just found it curious....

On 10/18/2022 at 3:33 PM, mac_tlc said:

Glad lots of folks could take advantage of the great pricing!

mac_tlc

Thank you @Mac_tic! I also was able to book an S1 at that price!  I don't care for the itinerary, however its worth the price to try a brand new ship and take a week off from work and just relax.  I look forward to seeing all of you in 2024. 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

I was able to get the Amex cruise privilege OBC applied. We have a total of $1,840 OBC or 32% of the fare in credit. I think that's a record for me. 

That's amazing. Are you able to share the breakdown? I'm at $1550.

18 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

That's amazing. Are you able to share the breakdown? I'm at $1550.

I think I hit every option possible:

$600 from Celebrity 

$690 from travel agent 

$250 from onboard booking 

$300 from Amex Platinum 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I think I hit every option possible:

$600 from Celebrity 

$690 from travel agent 

$250 from onboard booking 

$300 from Amex Platinum 

Awesome. Didn't know you could do both AMEX Plat OBC and travel agent OBC. Thought it had to be one or the other.

I need to find a better travel agent.

4 hours ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

How do you get Amex benefit applied if you don’t book through Amex Travel?

1 hour ago, canderson said:

By using the card for payment?

Travel agent needs to generate a code in a special amex website for travel agents then they call the cruise line to give them a code that was generated by the amex site and then the cruise line adds the OBC to the booking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Travel agent needs to generate a code in a special amex website for travel agents then they call the cruise line to give them a code that was generated by the amex site and then the cruise line adds the OBC to the booking. 

Strange, I always use my Amex for payment, but my TA has never mentioned this to me. I will ask him about it!

Not all travel agents have access to the Amex program. I don’t know what the process is on the agent side. I just made sure the agent I use could offer it since it was part of our decision to switch to Platinum cards.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, paulh84 said:

I was also able to book this morning. Now that prices have been corrected I hope Celebrity doesn't cancel these bookings. It wasn't just the Sky Suites. All the way through the Iconic suite went up a significant amount in line with normal prices. 

I've booked other cruises with pricing errors and Celebrity never cancelled.  When their system crashed in July 22, there were some good deals to be found as the system was restoring.  I booked two cruises that were great deals.   One departed on a Sat and the other departed  the next day.  Obviously, I couldn't be on both.  Neither was ever canceled until I cancelled one to make final payment.  The one I cancelled was a 7N on the Apex in an AQ with the Elevate package for $1500 total as a solo.  Their systems are not robust enough to find these errors.  You will be fine.  

On 10/19/2022 at 1:59 PM, chisoxfan said:

I have to agree that this pricing makes little sense. We booked an S1 this morning at around 5800 and based on comments from others here just checked X and same suite was over 9k.

Frankly at the price we booked this morning was on the 'edge' (no pun intended)  for us on a 7 night cruise.

Pricing changing this dramatically over a year out it feels as if we are bidding for tulips during the infamous 'tulip mania'. 

When booking cruises over the past years I always felt that there was some consistency in pricing (ie.

maybe plus or minus 20% with some greater last minute savings for unsold cabins) but it is disconcerting to me that rates can change so much on cruises out so far and 'overnight'.

Anyway I hope everyone gets the cruises they desire at prices they feel are reasonable.

Our family booked 3 cabins on the Silhouette over the past 2 days.  While we started on the Celebrity website, we ended up calling them to book.

It was stunning to us how many errors and inconsistencies were made as we went through the booking and payment process.  At one point, one of us,  holding our booking invoice with a zero balance and a confirmed cc charge, yet was told they still owed $4000, which was nearly twice the actual price of the cabin that was ALREADY PAID!  

Another had their pre-paid gratuities charged on their invoice in addition to the “All Included” package which INCLUDES the gratuities.  

What is Celebrity’s problem!!??

1 hour ago, McGarrett5oh said:

Another had their pre-paid gratuities charged on their invoice in addition to the “All Included” package which INCLUDES the gratuities. 

This is typical.  Often these extras are added on the invoice and then manually removed on the back end. A new invoice will be mailed after the change is made.   

Edited by crusinthrough