CocoCay Cabanas for 14 people?

Toddcan

Yes, I know - they all say 8 people maximum.  

I'm looking at renting a cabana for a "home base" while at CocoCay. We are 8 adults and 6 grandkids ages 1-6 (14 ppl), and it's very unlikely that all 14 will be at the cabana at the same time.  But, there are some exclusive access areas for some of the cabanas, and some others are in open areas.  I want to avoid the exclusive access areas since we won't get 14 wristbands.  

As I understand it, my only 2 options are:

-South beach Cabana

-Chill Island Cabana 

I believe all other areas are a restricted access that require all users to have wristbands

-Waterpark Cabanas

-Coco Beach Club (2 types of cabanas here)

-Oasis Lagoon

Can anyone comment and/or confirm?   Has anyone done this (more than 8 ppl).  

Believe me, I am sensitive to the experience of neighbours around us, so we will do our best to make sure all 14 of us are not in the cabana at the same time - easy enough to do by bringing loungers in close proximity. 

why not 2 cabana's side by side. Problem solved.

9 people, I could accept

10 people? a little side eye

14? Now that's getting close to abusive to the neighbors and a sign of entitlement. I'd be talking to someone about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

why not 2 cabana's side by side. Problem solved.

9 people, I could accept

10 people? a little side eye

14? Now that's getting close to abusive to the neighbors and a sign of entitlement. I'd be talking to someone about it.

I get it.  But we're not stuffing 14 people into a Cabana.  If all 14 happen to be in the area at the same time, we will make sure we spread out so we don't get reported and labelled entitled 😉

The problem with 2 cabanas is that you cannot guarantee you will get 2 side by side. We could ask - but no guarantees.  Plus there's the cost. 

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

6 kids under 6 years old and under?  

serenity now episode GIF

And it's spring break. Yet another cruise where I won't meet the Cigar King, I guess 😉

The rule is eight people USING the Cabana that day. 

You know the rule.

You are deliberately breaking the rule and justifying it suit your own needs. 

14 people coming and going all day long will likely impact the people who paid for the cabana next to yours. 

• Like 1

Earlier this year we had a cabana (chill island)  and they needed the list of who/how many we would have.  That was monitored by the cabana attendant--each cabana area has a couple of attendants that kept an eye on who is coming and going.  We saw them turning people away and keeping an eye on who was in the area.  They definitely knew who belonged.  You should get 2 cabanas.  If you can't afford that, then just skip the cabana.   

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 5

Book two cabanas under your reservation on the cruise planner. Go to shore excursions the day you board there should be no problem getting them next to each other as cabanas aren't pre-assigned before boarding (usually a day or two before arriving at Coco Cay). If you're in a suite reply to your concierge letter that you'll get a week before sailing and they can take care of this request for you.

With fourteen people and the price spread out among the adults I would hope that isn't a problem.

If you decide to forget the cabana idea you should all get there to "claim" your loungers in whatever area you decide would work for you.

Just a thought I believe kids under 3 may not be counted for cabana occupancy also if you rent two waterpark cabanas those under 3 are free. Check this option out if it applies to you.