Big news! All protocols have been lifted for most voyages

cruisecrazy82

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

At least you know that those who are booked on your cruise are "probably" vaccinated and maybe even boosted.  With a 2 week lead time, I doubt many jumped on board at the last minute.  

ours is so dang expensive, I hope there are no last second unvaxxed people on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

ours is so dang expensive, I hope there are no last second unvaxxed people on it. 

It's none of your business who's vaxxed or unvaxxed. Princess has made a decision. Either accept it and cruise with whatever protocols make you feel safe (without imposing them on other people), or don't cruise. It's that simple.  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

It's none of your business who's vaxxed or unvaxxed. Princess has made a decision. Either accept it and cruise with whatever protocols make you feel safe (without imposing them on other people), or don't cruise. It's that simple.  

You may want to calm down. I only expressed my hope.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

You may want to calm down. I only expressed my hope.

I agree with you fully.

After my family and myself caught Covid on a Princess ship it is hard to understand all the elation that masks are no longer needed on Princess ships where many more passengers will get sick on their ships again.  At least before you had to have vaccinations and pre-board tests and still plenty of people got sick and isolated but now nothing.  Good luck with that.

Princess is trying to put profits over health and safety but they are going to soon be sailing into some pretty strong recession headwinds.  Also, it will eventually be back in the media to avoid cruise ships as a form of travel.

They might as well take their little hand washing stations out of the buffets lines because if they are not concerned about Covid how can dirty hands be a big concern?   

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Like 10

On 10/19/2022 at 1:35 AM, caribill said:

So the cruise we signed up for with the assurance that at least 90% of passengers would be fully vaccinated (completed initial series of injections), interacting crew would be masked, all passengers would be tested within three days of the start of the cruise,etc. is now a cruise with an unlimited number of unvaccinated and untested people and no masking requirements at all for passengers or the crew they encounter.

I wish I could like this a hundred times. 

• Like 5

On 10/19/2022 at 9:27 AM, Princessfan20 said:

Our experience is that Covid is really only problematic on cruises longer than 10 days.  Those are the cruises where when Covid breaks out people are put into quarantine rooms.  Cruises less than 10 days passengers have reported developing the symptoms of Covid after disembarkation and arriving home.

I agree. DH is on the Ruby right now.  He has seen no indication that they are using “quarantine areas” any longer (maybe they are, but they’re not using the same ones they were using earlier in the year). However, he’s seen lots of tables set outside cabins, so many that he wonders if there are any left up on deck. The mask mandate for crew was dropped, and then almost immediately recommended again by the captain. They are on day 14 of a 15 day cruise.

I sent him off with a slew of self tests and an admonition to not come home with COVID. So far so good (his exact words). Nope, that’s not for me. I can stay home, not mask at all when I go out and somehow manage to stay well. 

On 10/19/2022 at 12:10 PM, NownZen said:

You made an assumption that all the restrictions in place at that time would remain. That was not an obligation on the part of Princess to oblige you.

Correct.

In the same way that most people booking a cruise assume that the itinerary will be what has been published.

Yet look at all the complaints this past Alaska season when the Crown Princess had unresolved technical problems that caused ports to be missed, time on shore diminished, etc. on multiple cruises.

Princess has the right to change any itinerary and they did. I do not remember posts telling those on the Crown that they knew the itinerary could be changed when they booked the cruise, so just accept it.

I am asking the people on here who are so happy the "protocols are lifted", "want to see smiling faces" "Don't want to be jabbed" etc. How many of you will also  demand that Princess compensate you when you get covid?  Want FCC etc?  

Are you willing to cruise without any protection from Princess that they will handle the medical problems of covid for no fee?  That there will be no compensation during or after the cruise if you test positive? 

The very same people who want to cruise with no protocols are the ones on CC asking for compensation when they get covid.  You can't have it both ways right now!  

If you don't agree to that, then as you say............stay home. 

Edited by Level six
  • Like 3

On my last day of the 7-day cruise, used up all the FCC that was going to expire by end of 2022.  I can do my best to avoid crowds and indoors but I can't think of a way to not engage the crew without impacting the service I am receiving. They are mask-optional but I am not sure if they are still being tested on a weekly basis. This is the first time I have not purchased any Future Cruise Deposit.  Hope you all enjoy your future cruises, stay safe and keep the stock prices up.

2 hours ago, Level six said:

I am asking the people on here who are so happy the "protocols are lifted", "want to see smiling faces" "Don't want to be jabbed" etc. How many of you will also  demand that Princess compensate you when you get covid?  Want FCC etc?  

Are you willing to cruise without any protection from Princess that they will handle the medical problems of covid for no fee?  That there will be no compensation during or after the cruise if you test positive? 

The very same people who want to cruise with no protocols are the ones on CC asking for compensation when they get covid.  You can't have it both ways right now!  

Not all cruise lines cover you now. Oceania says to have enough insurance to cover your expenses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Correct.

In the same way that most people booking a cruise assume that the itinerary will be what has been published.

Yet look at all the complaints this past Alaska season when the Crown Princess had unresolved technical problems that caused ports to be missed, time on shore diminished, etc. on multiple cruises.

Princess has the right to change any itinerary and they did. I do not remember posts telling those on the Crown that they knew the itinerary could be changed when they booked the cruise, so just accept it.

I have been on a number of cruises where the itinerary changed. For instance, when Putin invaded Crimea, suddenly we could not go to Yalta or Odessa. And yes, we just accepted that.

We have a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Ruby in February. Since vaccination will not be required at that time, may I ignore the part of the medallion app that requires I upload proof of vaccination? Thanks! 🙂

5 hours ago, NownZen said:

I have been on a number of cruises where the itinerary changed. For instance, when Putin invaded Crimea, suddenly we could not go to Yalta or Odessa. And yes, we just accepted that.

That was something out of Princess' control. Similar for weather events such as hurricanes.

But the Crown had problems that prevented it from doing the itinerary that Princess was selling. And it was selling that itinerary even while sailings were unable to follow it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, caribill said:

That was something out of Princess' control. Similar for weather events such as hurricanes.

But the Crown had problems that prevented it from doing the itinerary that Princess was selling. And it was selling that itinerary even while sailings were unable to follow it.

And that is a HUGE difference.

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And that is a HUGE difference.

And my point is that while several posters have said I should not have expected Princess to have the same Covid protocols that Princess touted when I booked my cruise to be in effect when I take my cruise, nobody posted that the Crown cruisers should not have expected the itinerary they booked to be the one they ended up with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, caribill said:

And my point is that while several posters have said I should not have expected Princess to have the same Covid protocols that Princess touted when I booked my cruise to be in effect when I take my cruise, nobody posted that the Crown cruisers should not have expected the itinerary they booked to be the one they ended up with.

I think the first part is true since it has been obvious that Covid protocols were being lifted/lightened everywhere as time passed and the pandemic situation lessened in terms of health impacts.  I for one fully expected that Covid protocols would be nothing at all like the situation when we booked and even still expected more change after FP Date and was right.  (In my case, I admit I was looking forward to the changes and hoping for them even).  

And the second part is true, but in a different way, we go on a cruise expecting the itinerary, but an informed guest is aware things can change.  Just off Regal after 23 nights/days.  We missed a call in Mykonos because it was too windy for where the ship would be.  (But we personally are lucky in that we get another shot on our next voyage).  Also, we were unable to call on Malta due to the water level being too shallow.  However, we got Dubrovnik as a substitute.  We had never been to either, and didn't have much planned for the Malta stop and were thrilled to get to experience Dubrovnik on a perfect weather day as well.  Of course, there were guests unhappy, but certainly for us, the itinerary change cloud had more than a silver lining. 

Perhaps the Crown is also an exception case as I recall some posters complaining about Princess not advising guests in advance concerning the propulsion issues that caused significant itinerary changes, IIRC.  In such a situation where it is both known to Princess and obvious there will be impacts, it should be communicated.  I think they did start to notify guests - but short of going back to research it all, IDK how much in advance and whether guests had an "out".

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, ebeluga said:

On my last day of the 7-day cruise, used up all the FCC that was going to expire by end of 2022.  I can do my best to avoid crowds and indoors but I can't think of a way to not engage the crew without impacting the service I am receiving. They are mask-optional but I am not sure if they are still being tested on a weekly basis. This is the first time I have not purchased any Future Cruise Deposit.  Hope you all enjoy your future cruises, stay safe and keep the stock prices up.

Some think they (crew) made of stones.  Let's permanently glue a piece cloth to their air intake, so they will not impact the service. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps the Crown is also an exception case as I recall some posters complaining about Princess not advising guests in advance concerning the propulsion issues that caused significant itinerary changes, IIRC.  In such a situation where it is both known to Princess and obvious there will be impacts, it should be communicated.  I think they did start to notify guests - but short of going back to research it all, IDK how much in advance and whether guests had an "out".

We were on the May 7th Crown, we were notified the week prior to our sailing of the issue and first itinerary change. We were notified the night before of the second itinerary change, once on board a letter was in our cabin of the third change.  The Captain made an announcement during our first dinner of the fourth itinerary change.  On our last night we were notified that we would be late getting into Victoria.  I think every subsequent cruise after had different experiences with notifications and itinerary changes.  Later in the season I think people had a better idea.  As far as an "out" we tried to change to the Discovery that left the next day but were told we could but since we were outside of the cancellation period we'd incur all of the financial penalties and pay the new higher fare.  I think I got bad info or should have pushed it, I believe others were allowed to switch with no penalty.

We just returned from the October 15th Discovery on the California Coastal, wonderful cruise we enjoyed the ship and the service was great. Really had a great cruise.  We were told that this was the first Discovery cruise with the crew given the option of removing their masks.  Most did, and the crew we spoke to all appreciated it.  Very few remained in masks.  We had no problem with it but I can see someone's point of view especially if they have health issues.  If they booked thinking the protocols in place made them safer and comfortable to cruise than they were taken away without notification then I can see their argument.  Not sure if this even addressed in the cruise contract or health advisories.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, Level six said:

I'm one of those.  I don't expect any handouts or credit. I booked my cruise expecting that the protocols would be lifted by the time we cruised (Nov) and they have been. If they hadn't, I would still have cruised.

If i get sick, then I get sick.  We're vaccinated and boosted and we carry insurance if we need assistance out of country.  I get why some of the older, more vulnerable may be resistant, but then the advice not to cruise is sound advice. 

A dose of reality...we used to get sick before Covid, we didn't get tested, we didn't wear masks, and no one carried a vaccination card on them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tanzer22pilot said:

Would it just not be easier (and safer for you) to not go in a cruise?

Yes, you’re right, it would, and so I’m not. In fact, my husband is on a few B2B cruises alone, right now. And I’m at home blowing leaves. I got long COVID from him thanks to the Ruby dropping their COVID protocols in the couple of weeks between booking and cruising in April. And still today I was given cause to wonder if I will ever fully recover. It’s fine for people to be flippant about it being time to drop all cautionary measures, but they still need to realize that every COVID case wandering around a cruise ship can have long term negative consequences. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, tanzer22pilot said:

Would it just not be easier (and safer for you) to not go in a cruise?

🤣 I guess you don't know who Pescado Amarillo is.  She has forgotten more about cruising than any of us ever knew.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, odyssyus said:

A dose of reality...we used to get sick before Covid, we didn't get tested, we didn't wear masks, and no one carried a vaccination card on them.

And did not have a disease that killed over 1,000,000 Americans in a year plus many other people around the world.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Yes, you’re right, it would, and so I’m not. In fact, my husband is on a few B2B cruises alone, right now. And I’m at home blowing leaves. I got long COVID from him thanks to the Ruby dropping their COVID protocols in the couple of weeks between booking and cruising in April. And still today I was given cause to wonder if I will ever fully recover. It’s fine for people to be flippant about it being time to drop all cautionary measures, but they still need to realize that every COVID case wandering around a cruise ship can have long term negative consequences. 

Sorry to hear that. I do hope you recover fully.