MSC On board account setup.

syracr

Being a rookie to the MSC experience, i have done some research on found conflicting stories and information about how the onboard account is handled.

From what  I could glean, the credit card information you provide when you "check in" does not get transferred to the ship.

It seems that you have to go to some kiosk or something to register your credit card against your on board account.

If you do not, you are denied disembarkation until you do. (understandably)

Is this true.?

If it is, How do you go about registering your card?

If you do register it, and you have an outstanding balance at the end of the cruise, does the balance automatically get put on your card, or do you have to somehow manually get involved.

Just tying to understand this process to avoid long lines and frustration on the cruise.

We are on Meraviglia if that matters.

thanks!

There are kiosks various places on the deck where guest services is where you register your card for your onboard account.  You do this within the first two days.  If you forget/fail to do it, you will be unable to purchase anything until you do.  If you are unable to do it, guest services will help you.  EM

• Like 1

If one does not have or does not want to use a credit or debit card, it is also possible to do a cash deposit within the same time frame - but then you will have to queue at the reception again before disembarking.

Edited by RudiRatlos

Is there any way to check your onboard account balance on the MSC app or any other way online? Or do you have to go to guest services to get a balance printed? I just get really paranoid about onboard spending/mistake charges to the point where I probably check my onboard balance 800 times on my last NCL cruise 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elsammo46 said:

Is there any way to check your onboard account balance on the MSC app or any other way online? Or do you have to go to guest services to get a balance printed? I just get really paranoid about onboard spending/mistake charges to the point where I probably check my onboard balance 800 times on my last NCL cruise 

Once a day is overkill to me.  

14 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

You can check it on the app, if the ship has the app, on the cabin TV or at guest service. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Original poster here.

Just back from Meraviglia.

I will answer my own question for those asking in the future.

In my case, i registered my Credit card online.

When i went to the machine to set up my account, the CC info was already there.

it looks like they might have fixed the disconnect between ship and shore..

We had no issues with the account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1