Black Friday cruise deals - what to expect, when will they start?

Sigyn

I'm curious what we can expect along the lines of Black Friday cruise deals. 2020 and 2021 aren't really years that we can use for comparison, given the pandemic fire sales, etc.. But what do you think we can expect to see this year? When do the sales usually begin, and what type of deals are offered? 

I looked for articles and posts on previous years and it seems that perhaps the deals start about a week before Black Friday and last for a week afterward, and are typically about $50 to $99 for deposits, and maybe a few extras thrown in. I have no idea if that is accurate, because it's simply based on 2-3 articles I found from 2018 and 2019. 

Any thoughts from experienced cruisers who have looked at Black Friday sales in the past, and even booked cruises as a result? 

I don’t think there will be any different offers.  The lines I follow continue to have offers, such as $1 deposits, 60% off second guest, kids sail free, etc.  The best deals come when you have signed up for email offers from the lines that interest you.  EM

• Like 1

18 hours ago, njsmom said:

I'm curious what we can expect along the lines of Black Friday cruise deals. 2020 and 2021 aren't really years that we can use for comparison, given the pandemic fire sales, etc.. But what do you think we can expect to see this year? When do the sales usually begin, and what type of deals are offered? 

I looked for articles and posts on previous years and it seems that perhaps the deals start about a week before Black Friday and last for a week afterward, and are typically about $50 to $99 for deposits, and maybe a few extras thrown in. I have no idea if that is accurate, because it's simply based on 2-3 articles I found from 2018 and 2019. 

Any thoughts from experienced cruisers who have looked at Black Friday sales in the past, and even booked cruises as a result? 

I actually booked a cruise during Black Friday during one of their deals.  It was a charter and they offered a little extra OBC.  Charters rarely, if ever, discount their fares, and hardly ever offer deals, so I was happy to get this one.

But in the main, about offers during Black Friday, I think Shania Twain said it best.

• Haha 1

Black Friday deals are overrated. Cruise lines aren't giving everything away because it is Thanksgiving. However, that's also not to say good deals can't be had. Cruises can go way up or way down, depending on the demand. If there is a particular one you are watching, you do run the risk of it going up in price. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mary229 said:

They usually come out Thursday and last for at least a week.  My best offers were for reduced airfare, discounted shore excursions  or similar perks 

Adding:  these perks were available whether you were already booked or for a new booking 

• Like 1